What server do you guys enjoy playing the most?

GalaxyRomeo

21 hours ago, TheGoose said:

I'm not sure, I just feel that it's always just some islands that lead to mines and then you have shop npcs setup with Shopkeepers, and it's really repetitive that way. There's no real goal to it, just play until you run out of content.

I think there should be more to it, more content that aren't just never before seen mines and tools, I'd love to see something unique that hasn't really been often thought about during the development of other servers.

I RECOMMEND READING THE FOLLOWING, FULLY, IF YOU WANT TO DO A GOOD SERVER. DONT BE LAZY.

Tbh that could be ez fixed with a good Gimmick. Also the thing about SkyPvP is that it allows for themes. You can make your theme whatever you want: Christmas, planets, RPG, ... The impact of using a theme for SkyPvP is not the same for say bed wars because yea sure you can have a bed wars server based on the idea of christmas but it wont affect as much as the SkyPvP because I think that in a SkyPvP you are more in contact with the theme than in a bed wars which ends just being the same breaking bed and certain items.

Talking a bit more about Gimmicks: There is alot but alot you can grab hold if you think about the old servers of minehut. LegendsRPG by RyanDxxx had flying boats and jetpacks. The same concept could be used here. You could even make it so there were many types of jetpacks, each with a maximum fuel amount (making it impossible to reach really far islands if your jetpack can only hold very little fuel at a time). You can use energy instead of fuel or even magic instead of energy if you want. It may be as stupid as you can think but its a Gimmick and if people like it thats the way out for players to enter your server. There are other examples of Gimmicks that worked extremely well such as the idea of elementals (Air, water, fire, earth). It works like a charm because from there you can make almost anything: Class related elements, items, islands, quests, abilities...

Going futher on the elements idea, you could for example do a SkyPvP server in which each island would be related to elements. For example the main island could be 25% related to air, 25% to water, 25% to fire and 25% to earth. But there could be a 100% air related island in which using earth related things would work really badly (you could make it so air doesnt go well with earth and vice versa, and water doesnt work well with fire and viceversa). You could have like 20% water 80% earth islands...

Im just throwing out ideas that will guarantee work because thats what old servers that had success did.

Theres another thing I just remembered that would be extremely interesting and this is something that has not been seen very much in minehut but theres a huge potential because its literally grabbing the old stuff and reusing it without needing many ideais.

You could do gamemode fusion servers. This is very rarely seen but theres some examples such as Skyblocksminers by Unchilled, the original (correct me on the owner name, idk if he was really the owner of if he was Admin). He put miners servers + Skyblock, a fusion that gave him alot of players for a very long time.

You could do the same here. You could go for SkyPvP + Spleef. Who told you PvP has to be weapons only? Player versus player is a very broad concept. You can have floating islands, some which generators dropping iron, gold, diamond whatever, and you can make it so you can break the ground with your shovel. You dont have to make islands made out of snow only, you can make them out of any block really. And you dont have to make your weapon shovels to break the blocks. Who told you you can not have spleef with gold pickaxes and stone blocks? Its possible. You could go even futher by making tools that instead of just breaking blocks they would have abilities such has force push.

You can go for SkyPvP + GettingOverIt. Who told you that falling of an island means insta death? You could have layers of islands, you could start at bottom and the idea would be going up and up more. The upper islands would have the best items, and the lower ones would have the worst items. Going up would eventually become more and more difficult. For this to work I would suggest death = restarting over, and I mean it. There would be no way of you dying and be able to get items saved somewhere (that is you could not store items, die and get stored items back). This would work really well because if you reached the top island you would have to survive to not die, but falling off some layers maybe you could get away with death. Sure you would have to recover now but atleast you didn't start over. This would be an extremely interesting concept because it would motivate players to do clans on the most top islands, which is something you could later on your server development (say 2 months after release) grab on and make a new clans system. People would love it and also hate it too but you would have a new update that would guarantee you players anyway.

I mean you can literally do anything IF, and now comes the IF: You have patience.

95% of the times when a minehut player server fails, it is because people dont spend enough time on making a good server. I am not going any futher on this because I already mentioned this alot of times and its something that everyone recognizes.

Now I am aware I quoted you Goose but this is not a response to you, but yes to everyone that wants to waste his time making a player server that works on minehut when you could do more productive things lol. Grammar mistakes are as usual (this was not revised, aint got time to that xD). Also I am not sure if you guys were talking about SkyPvP or GenPvP I did not make sure before starting writing this but the ideas apply to both.

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

Also I recommend talking to @ItsAPerson if you want to make a fusion that involves GettingOverIt. He was the first on minehut to do it and he did it with quite some success. Idk if he is active here tho.

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!

You can go for SkyPvP + GettingOverIt. Who told you that falling of an island means insta death? You could have layers of islands, you could start at bottom and the idea would be going up and up more. The upper islands would have the best items, and the lower ones would have the worst items. Going up would eventually become more and more difficult. For this to work I would suggest death = restarting over, and I mean it. There would be no way of you dying and be able to get items saved somewhere (that is you could not store items, die and get stored items back). This would work really well because if you reached the top island you would have to survive to not die, but falling off some layers maybe you could get away with death. Sure you would have to recover now but atleast you didn't start over. This would be an extremely interesting concept because it would motivate players to do clans on the most top islands, which is something you could later on your server development (say 2 months after release) grab on and make a new clans system. People would love it and also hate it too but you would have a new update that would guarantee you players anyway.

this concept is very interesting, i like it

• Like 1

VIP since January 7th, 2020

Support since September 19th, 2020

Helper since November 3rd, 2020

Moderator since March 8th, 2021

unknown.png

5.png.e14b1bf83edf0ac2edc1bfb822177184.png

image.png.fe30b7b2c0be5a541ba4ed2187b23030.png

Most Minehut servers nowadays are low effort copies of other servers.

Graphic Designer - Skript Developer - Professional Builder - Content Creator

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord

Yea btw dude back in the old days (2016) there were no skripts you had to go command block or change paste files, and we had way more better servers believe me

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 12:04 AM, GalaxyRomeo said:

Oh wow, what was the server about?

Hey, sorry for the late reply I'm not that active on mh forums. It's about gens and raiding, etc. You protect your gens with defense blocks and pretty much just raid other bases. There's many features to do with money aswell

Bro @ThatOneTqnk's Murder Mystery server from a good while back was fucking sick 

Joined Minehut Dec 2014 / Jan 2015

Accounts:

[LEGEND] iiAiden Lost Access)            
                                                                                        [VIP] Alfoe
                                                                                        [VIP] AttendantFox

crafnn

• 1 year later...

uum hello i have a skygens pvp server which i think it will be good but i dont have script for the generators and i use commands for that. it kinda sucks. so can someone send me a script for skygens server make it for one item i will coppy the rest for the other items my self bc i want to see how it kinda works. Appreciate if u are interest to help me. what i need for the script is to spawn a generator and be able to remove it. thanks for ur time