We regret to share that on the morning of Friday, May 17th Minehut was affected by a data breach that affects all users of Minehut. This breach has resulted in the complete deletion of all player servers. No personal or account data was deleted. At this time, we do not expect any player server data to be recovered. All of us at Minehut and Super League want to send our sincerest apologies to every single member of the community. Minehut will be down as we address this issue over the weekend. We will update you again early next week to provide a more detailed timetable on when you can expect Minehut to return.
We are heartbroken to share this news with you – the Minehut community is a vibrant, fun, and an ever-creative one. Your ingenuity has spawned incredible creations and inspired us to show them to the world. Featured Servers, Community Events, Good Grief and so much more were directly inspired by YOU to showcase YOU. We hope that we can continue to showcase your creations to the world.
Minehut is taking every step possible to ensure security within Minehut to provide you a safe and secure experience with every server you create.
We'll be on 1.14.1 when we come back online.
We want to thank you for continuing to create awesome servers and communities on Minehut. Once we’re back online, we’re going to do even more to support you:
- Increasing our free player plan from 10 slots and 1gb of ram to 20 slots and 2gb of ram through the summer.
- We’ll revisit this Labor Day weekend and if servers are using that space, we’ll figure out a way to keep it.
- Featured and popular servers on Minehut will be included in marketing campaigns such as:
- Rotating player servers on minecraftservers.org sponsored slot (worth ~$5000/month)
- Youtuber streams (like Block Party only playing on your servers too)
- Paid social promotions (Facebook, Twitter ads)
- And more
We are committed to making Minehut the best place to play and create Minecraft servers and grow your community. If you have an idea on how we can help you, let us know on Twitter or Discord.
The update is done! All Minehut servers now run on Spigot 1.13.2.
- All servers are on this version. There is not an option to pick which version you want your server on.
- You can install the plugin ProtocolSupport to allow 1.8-1.13.2 clients to connect
- No data was lost or at risk.
Not all plugins updated to 1.13.2. You can check which plugins were and weren't updated here
Today's update is a big one and includes some major changes to Minehut as well as some info on some upcoming features!
All plugins on Minehut are now free to use! All plugins purchased in the last 7 days have been refunded and the credits are already back on your account. Visit https://minehut.com/profile to check for your refunds. Refunds will be displayed in the following format:
You can now go to your panel and install any plugin you want without having to unlock it with credits!
We will be updating Minehut to run on Spigot 1.13.2 in 7 days on Tuesday, April 16th @ 4pm PDT. This is a massive update for servers and brings all the latest Minecraft features to Minehut. However, not all plugins have been updated to support 1.13.2 and will not be usable on your server after Minehut updates.
- List of all Minehut plugins and their 1.13 status can be found here: http://bit.ly/113plugins
- When is the update in my time zone? http://bit.ly/113updatetime
If you have any suggestions for new plugins now that we're updating to 1.13, you can suggest them here on the forums over in the suggestions category.
- Minehut will be offline for about 2 hours from 4pm PDT to 6pm PDT
- All plugins not updated to 1.13 will be disabled (see spreadsheet for details) during that window. These plugins will not be able to be installed on your server and will not show up in the plugin panel following the update
- After the 2-hour maintenance window is over, your server will automatically convert its worlds the next time it starts. This process might take a few minutes so be patient the first time your server starts up on 1.13.2.
- Download a copy of your worlds using the /dl world command in game.
- Command blocks change in 1.13. You can convert them using a few tools available for free online. We don't want to officially endorse any of these tools, but suggest you check the Minecraft forms or research online to find a solution that works best for you.
- Check the 1.13 plugins sheet to see if any plugins you use are not compatible with this update
- If a plugin you use isn't updated, you'll need to figure out an alternative plugin that can replicate its functionality.
- If you find a plugin on Spigot or BukkitDev that is not on Minehut, suggest it on the forums and we can add it.
- If plugins you use are updated, be sure to check their change logs to see if they have any major changes.
- Bedrock is updating to 1.11 soon. We're working on updating Bedrock 1.11 to support Java 1.13.2. This will not be available next Tuesday, but we're working on bringing it back after the 1.13 update.
- Backups that you will be able to save and restore are in the works. This will be a feature you can unlock more space for using credits.
- Stability improvements. We made some major changes over the weekend and are already seeing the benefits. We're continuing to make sure Minehut is setup to be as stable and scalable as possible.
With the new month starting 20m ago in GMT, we have a new chance to get on the front page of the voting site. The front page gets millions of views per month and can expose us to a ton of new potential players that haven’t heard about the wonders of Minehut. We got close to the front page in January and are determined to get there for March. With that, we’re making some updates to reward you guys for helping us get there (outside of you guys getting more players to join your servers!).
- 50 credits per vote until Monday.
- Top voter(s) at the end of each month will receive a special [TOPVOTER] rank for the following month. That means the top voters for March will get the rank for April. It will go to everyone that is tied for the top voter of the month.
After 2 weeks, we’re back online. There is a lot of important information covered in this post as we look to answer any and all questions you may have.
- Minehut is back online as it was before the outage. No new features were added, and we are still running on Minecraft version 1.12.2.
- You’ll be prompted to reset your password the next time you login. Upon doing so, you’ll receive 1000 credits.
- Not all servers were recovered. You’ll receive a separate email if your server was affected and an additional 9000 credits for each server that was lost.
On Saturday February 2nd at 11:15am PST, a user was able to gain access to Minehut’s backend and deleted information from various servers integral to the Minehut community. This included our storage servers as well as our backup servers.
In total, the 316,684 Minehut servers created since June 2018 when Super League assumed control of the site were deleted. We have spent the last 2 weeks working to recover as much data as possible from the affected machines pulling data from our various storage and backup servers to get Minehut back up and running in a state as close to it was prior to going offline.
Unfortunately, we did not recover all servers. We understand how disheartening it is to lose your hard work. If you had a server that was lost, you’ll be receiving an email from us today notifying you of the server(s) you created that were not recovered. Your Minehut web panel account will have an extra 9000 credits per server we were unable recover. We understand credits are in no way a replacement for the many hours of hard work you put into your server, but we hope it helps you get started on creating more awesome things on Minehut.
While the recovery process was under way, we took time to assess security at Minehut and Super League. This has led us to make the move from OVH to Amazon Web Services. This move will provide us with more scalable, more secure, and more redundant infrastructure to use going forward.
All 259 plugins had to be redownloaded and installed on our servers. We have yet to be able to fully test each individual plugin. If you experience any issues with a plugin, please report it on the forums and we will fix them promptly.
Bedrock support is currently disabled until we can update to version 1.9 that was recently released. We still plan to support Bedrock and will be notifying when this feature returns.
If your server was lost, you will still see it as a server you can start in your panel. However, once joined the default Minehut server will be presented. All plugins purchased on the servers are still available to you and can installed.
The next time you log in to your account, you’ll be asked to update your password. This is purely a precautionary measure. While the user database for the web panel was compromised, the passwords in that database are encrypted with Bcrypt which is the industry standard in password encryption. Upon resetting your password, you will receive the promised 1000 credits on your account in addition to any credits due to server losses. If one of your servers was lost, you’ll find 10,000 additional credits in your account. If both of your servers were lost, you’ll have an additional 19,000 credits.
We’re still working hard on improving and growing Minehut. Some items that are on the roadmap:
- Monthly content series & events with Youtubers
- 1.13 update
- Portals for featured servers
- Stripe support
- Live console
- Performance improvements
With the new month approaching, we have a new chance to get on the front page of the voting site. The front page gets millions of views per month and can expose us to a ton of new potential players that haven’t heard about the wonders of Minehut. We got close to the front page in January and are determined to get there for February. With that, we’re making some updates to reward you guys for helping us get there (outside of you guys getting more players to join your servers!).
- 50 credits per vote until Monday.
- Top voter(s) at the end of each month will receive a special [TOPVOTER] rank for the following month.
As of today, we are changing how we handle support for everyone on Minehut.
Our current system has proven not ideal as we handle issues over the forums, discord dm's and #help, email, twitter, and in game. This has led to many issues falling through the cracks as well as limited our ability to identify trends to help us identify issues affecting multiple users that need to be addressed.
We've added a new Support page accessible from your server panel (pictured below). This includes a form that asks for all the necessary information we need to provide support for a range of issues.
If you need help, you can go fill that out and it will send an email to our support team. From there, issues take the following path:
- Support system (Zendesk) sends auto response to you acknowledging receipt of your ticket.
- Support agent assigned to your ticket, will answer your question if able to.
- If issue requires technical assistance, support agent assigns ticket to SLG tech team.
- Tech team resolves issue, sends update back to support agent.
- Support agent will provide you with an update and make sure the issue is resolved to from your perspective.
This might seem like a lot of unnecessary steps, but it will allow us to better identify issues that affect multiple users. It will also allow us to train in a larger support team that will be able to resolve more and more issues as time goes on which means you won't be waiting around for an admin to respond to your Discord private message because our support team will be able to provide support while the developers work on fixing issues and adding new things.
In the future, we plan on adding a way for you to view all your support tickets on your panel.
Today we're launching the initial public beta of cross play between Bedrock edition and Java edition! This update is the result of months of hard work of multiple people on the Super League engineering team.
This means that iOS, Android, and Windows 10 devices can now connect to Minehut and all player servers on Bedrock 1.8. Xbox, Wii, Switch, and other devices are not supported as they don't allow manually entering servers to join other than the official partnered servers.
Bedrock players can have spaces in their names as well as the same name as a Java edition player. To combat this, we are prefixing all PE names with asterisks and replacing spaces with underscores. My
feel my mango Xbox live account name turns into
*feel_my_mango when connecting to Minehut.
Bedrock accounts are completely separate from Java accounts.
All servers still run on Spigot 1.12.2, and our custom Bedrock proxy translates Java packets into Bedrock packets so that both can play on the same server. Because of this, each Java feature needs to be translated to Bedrock. For this initial beta, we only have features that were needed to run Super League Minecraft events so expect there to be a lot of things missing or not be compatible with Bedrock. Some of this is known to us, and some isn't, which is why we need your help collecting feedback and issues on this beta!
- Warzone does not support Bedrock yet
- Bedrock players don't see skins
Since this is an early beta, we expect there to be plenty of issues and features that aren't implemented. Please report and suggest everything on the forums https://forums.minehut.com/forums/5c1a952143ff113c0ca61ce2 and make sure to include:
- Device type
- Server where this happened
- Step by step description of how to reproduce the issue
pe.minehut.com on Bedrock 1.8. Check out the screenshots below for a step by step. There is a barebones modal that replaces the server menu GUI. Please suggest improvements for it :)