As of today, we are changing how we handle support for everyone on Minehut.
Our current system has proven not ideal as we handle issues over the forums, discord dm's and #help, email, twitter, and in game. This has led to many issues falling through the cracks as well as limited our ability to identify trends to help us identify issues affecting multiple users that need to be addressed.
We've added a new Support page accessible from your server panel (pictured below). This includes a form that asks for all the necessary information we need to provide support for a range of issues.
If you need help, you can go fill that out and it will send an email to our support team. From there, issues take the following path:
- Support system (Zendesk) sends auto response to you acknowledging receipt of your ticket.
- Support agent assigned to your ticket, will answer your question if able to.
- If issue requires technical assistance, support agent assigns ticket to SLG tech team.
- Tech team resolves issue, sends update back to support agent.
- Support agent will provide you with an update and make sure the issue is resolved to from your perspective.
This might seem like a lot of unnecessary steps, but it will allow us to better identify issues that affect multiple users. It will also allow us to train in a larger support team that will be able to resolve more and more issues as time goes on which means you won't be waiting around for an admin to respond to your Discord private message because our support team will be able to provide support while the developers work on fixing issues and adding new things.
In the future, we plan on adding a way for you to view all your support tickets on your panel.
Today we're launching the initial public beta of cross play between Bedrock edition and Java edition! This update is the result of months of hard work of multiple people on the Super League engineering team.
This means that iOS, Android, and Windows 10 devices can now connect to Minehut and all player servers on Bedrock 1.8. Xbox, Wii, Switch, and other devices are not supported as they don't allow manually entering servers to join other than the official partnered servers.
Bedrock players can have spaces in their names as well as the same name as a Java edition player. To combat this, we are prefixing all PE names with asterisks and replacing spaces with underscores. My
feel my mango Xbox live account name turns into
*feel_my_mango when connecting to Minehut.
Bedrock accounts are completely separate from Java accounts.
All servers still run on Spigot 1.12.2, and our custom Bedrock proxy translates Java packets into Bedrock packets so that both can play on the same server. Because of this, each Java feature needs to be translated to Bedrock. For this initial beta, we only have features that were needed to run Super League Minecraft events so expect there to be a lot of things missing or not be compatible with Bedrock. Some of this is known to us, and some isn't, which is why we need your help collecting feedback and issues on this beta!
- Warzone does not support Bedrock yet
- Bedrock players don't see skins
Since this is an early beta, we expect there to be plenty of issues and features that aren't implemented. Please report and suggest everything on the forums https://forums.minehut.com/forums/5c1a952143ff113c0ca61ce2 and make sure to include:
- Device type
- Server where this happened
- Step by step description of how to reproduce the issue
pe.minehut.com on Bedrock 1.8. Check out the screenshots below for a step by step. There is a barebones modal that replaces the server menu GUI. Please suggest improvements for it :)
Voting is back!
- 25 credits per vote if your Minecraft account is associated
- Associate your Minecraft account through https://minehut.com/profile
You can now associate your Minecraft account to your Minehut web panel through the profile page. When you click the button to associate your account, it will give you a command
/link <codehere>. Typing that command in the lobby is all you need to do! You can only associate 1 account at a time and can only change which account is associated once per week.
Vote history shows up on your profile page where all your other account info is dumped for you to see.
We currently are not giving out anything for the top voter of the month for December. We will see how it goes and then determine what we will do for the month of January :)
Minehut now has T-Shirts for sale!
- Only 25 made
- Limit to 1 per purchase
- US only
- $25 (includes shipping)
These are limited edition shirts, meaning we only printed 25 of them. Once we have an idea for demand, we will place another, larger order of shirts as well as potentially some other items (sweaters or hoodies). But that order will not be the exact same shirt, so make sure to get one of only 25 exclusive shirts!
One time payments are here!
- Pay once instead of creating a monthly subscription
- Subscribe to save 20%
- PayPal still only way to pay (stripe in near future)
Subscription prices are staying the same, and are a 20% discount on one time payments. Prices are shown below.
Happy Halloween 🎃
We're doing a contest to see who can carve the coolest Minecraft or Minehut related pumpkin!
- Get a pumpkin
- Come up with a cool design that's loosely Minecraft or Minehut related
- Carve the pumpkin
- Take a picture of the pumpkin with your MC username written somewhere in the photo (not through photo editing software)
- Tweet your photo @MinehutMC with the hashtag #SLGGoodGrief
- You can have multiple submissions, and ask friends for help (but only 5k credits for the winner).
- Top pumpkins will be shown on Good Grief next Friday, October 26th.
- We'll choose a winner during the stream.
- Winner gets 5000 credits deposited into their Minehut account immediately after the stream
You have until the start of Good Grief to enter your pumpkin - 2pm pacific time on October 26th.
Minehut's lobby is now a haunted mansion! The map was built by the great Cyclone Designs.
The map was built for Super League's Zombies minigame, so it has 4 rooms that can be unlocked. Each week, we'll be unlocking a new room of the map on Minehut. When a room is unlocked, there will be an easter egg placed in the new room and the first to find it will get 2000 credits! Right now, only room 1 is open.
- Oct 1 - Lobby Released
- Oct 5 - Room 2 unlocked
- Oct 12 - Room 3 unlocked
- Oct 19 - Room 4 unlocked
- Oct 21 - Super League Zombies event!
The rooms will be opened during the Good Grief stream on Fridays.
📺 Watch Good Grief, Fridays at 2pm pacific.
I went through and updated 115 plugins today with a ton of help from Benny. The rest of the plugins either didn't have an update, or became premium.
Please take a look at note the new version of the plugin and where we downloaded them from. Some of your plugins might have new features!
Getting the Updates
These updates will apply to any server that's started since the announcement was posted. If you want the updates, simply restart your server!
If you run into any issues, ping me on Discord (Trent#4071) and I will take care of them right away!
- mcmmo fixed
- SkyblockHoloStats fixed
- Hack Detective disabled because it's broken on 1.12.2
- Slimefun fixed