Minehut staff suck...

Kakepy

Can minehut file a new staff team. All of the minehut staff are sort of off it seems especcially jr mods. Each jr mod tells me something different about advertising. I got muted 12 hours ago for "Spam" i sent 1 message every 10 minutes and i got muted for "Chat flood" im not appealing this mute or wanting to but i just feel that minehut staff have too much priority over players and i've gotten false muted so many time and have archived about 10 appeals all regarding this in the past that its annoying. Also i feel there shouldnt be network bans and instead hub bans so i can still acess my server if im banned on minehut. Minehut really shouldnt have network bans or mutes in lobbies as its annoying to the players (Me) if this moderation continues i might have to quit minehut tbh. Also if you have vip you should be excempt from punishments....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

A) Wrong topic, please use General next time.

B) Chat flood is not the same is chat spam. Chat spam is saying messages over and over again in a short amount of time. Chat flood is when your message takes up multiple lines of the chat. 

C) If network bans should instead be hub bans, then there would be no point in us banning users who grief servers. If your server got griefed, wouldn't you want them network banned too?

D) We punish a lot of ranked players, as they break the rules. From something as simple as spam to competitor advertisement, players in each rank have all broken rules. 

VIP since August, 2018
Jr. Mod since August 1st, 2019
Mod since October 1st, 2019
Sr. Mod since August 11th, 2020
LEGEND since November 29th, 2020

31 minutes ago, Kakepy said:

All of the minehut staff are sort of off it seems especcially jr mods. Each jr mod tells me something different about advertising.

This is due to lack of proper guidelines for things like advertisement and "chat spam". You are more likely to get punished more easily if you have a more punishment-filled track record.

32 minutes ago, Kakepy said:

I got muted 12 hours ago for "Spam" i sent 1 message every 10 minutes and i got muted for "Chat flood"

Not sure exactly what this means, but it can be considered spam if not many people are talking in chat. Like I said, this is open to interpretation to the mod (not a good idea imo) and you just got unlucky.

33 minutes ago, Kakepy said:

i just feel that minehut staff have too much priority over players and i've gotten false muted so many time and have archived about 10 appeals all regarding this in the past that its annoying.

Once again, I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but there have been plenty of false mutes. It sometimes feels like the people that should be punished aren't and the ones that shouldn't are. Nothing's perfect, but your annoyance is justifiable, to an extent.

34 minutes ago, Kakepy said:

Also i feel there shouldnt be network bans and instead hub bans so i can still acess my server if im banned on minehut.

I agree, but it would take a lot of work in the back-end side of things. Seeing as minehut has other priorities, that's probably not going to happen for a while.

34 minutes ago, Kakepy said:

Minehut really shouldnt have network bans or mutes in lobbies as its annoying to the players (Me)

Yes, it's annoying (especially mutes), but if you're punished, of course it's annoying. You're punished for a reason (even if it's false), so don't expect there to be no consequences or drawbacks.

35 minutes ago, Kakepy said:

if this moderation continues i might have to quit minehut tbh.

You wouldn't be the first...

35 minutes ago, Kakepy said:

Also if you have vip you should be excempt from punishments....

No.
(VIP is $10 USD- that's like paying to not get punished. Ranked players get punished all the time. Plus, you can get ranks without paying (from voting/winning events). All I can really say is no to this :p)

Hope this helps. yes, minehut has problems, but saying them out loud won't do anything. This has been done many times, yet nothing has happened. Join the meta discord if you have suggestions (https://discord.gg/MvDd24X), but don't complain. We hear your concern, but nothing good comes out of this.

• Thanks 1

I exist 👀

2017116754_Screenshot(570).png.53f79c07d815582c1f0c4d5e5760f428.png

826961329_Screenshot(726).png.b1bc8a533ec416adf7f48c55de441ab9.png

4 minutes ago, Marsh_Land said:

Not sure exactly what this means, but it can be considered spam if not many people are talking in chat. Like I said, this is open to interpretation to the mod (not a good idea imo) and you just got unlucky.

Yeah there is a difference between chat spam and chat flood, which I clarified in my response. 

4 minutes ago, Marsh_Land said:

I agree, but it would take a lot of work in the back-end side of things. Seeing as minehut has other priorities, that's probably not going to happen for a while.

Well what about people who crash servers? What about people who grief servers? There would be no point to do hub only bans.

VIP since August, 2018

Just now, CyberRyan said:

Yeah there is a difference between chat spam and chat flood, which I clarified in my response. 

Well what about people who crash servers? What about people who grief servers? There would be no point to do hub only bans.

Hub bans would be for people who broke rules in lobby chat. It doesn't necessarily mean they're going to break rules on servers. In the case of a blacklist for other reasons (like Logical's and my own case), a blacklist from the entire network is justifiable. I see where you're coming from in the sense that this happens, but all punishments wouldn't be hub-only bans. It's a nice idea, but it would be too complicated to implement or even use, for that matter.

I exist 👀

2017116754_Screenshot(570).png.53f79c07d815582c1f0c4d5e5760f428.png

826961329_Screenshot(726).png.b1bc8a533ec416adf7f48c55de441ab9.png

Although I understand that, a hub ban would essentially be the same as a hub mute, just you can't join. I don't think it's a good thing to implement, I mean the only thing I see us using it for is obnoxious hacks, but other then that...

VIP since August, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to create this post. I was going to write up a detailed response myself but it seems like it was mostly covered. If you're not aware, I am the Head of Staff here, meaning I am directly responsible for the staff team, including how they handle punishments. For future reference, the best way for you to actually accomplish something is to message me directly, whether it be here on the forums or on Discord (which will yield a faster response). 

Currently I am on vacation however I couldn't help but reply 🙂 my Discord is filr#9999 and I will be available once again next Wednesday. Thanks for understanding!

Yes I used to be [ADMIN]. I resigned from that position

Subscribe on YouTube (truly epic content)
Follow me on Twitter

Man were do I start with this one. Yes the MH staff team isn't perfect, but for none of the reasons you listed above. I HIGHLY doubt you were muted for advertising every 10 minutes. Your ad itself musthave been full of flood that its considered "chat flood"  you're NOT allowed to make ads that are 4 lines long full of symbols or just saying "join servername" over and over again. Remember other people use the chat too it's rude and inconsiderate of others to flood the chat with annoying ads, your server isn't going to grow and people wont care about it if it's owner behaves that way. If there was hub only bans then there would be no punishments for mass greifers as Cyber said but also people would have no reason to not bot the lobby. last VIPS being exempt from the rules yes lets have people pay a measly 10$ to be able to bot, greif, spam horrible msgs ect. Even if 1 single PATRON was exempt from the rules that one player has the power to basically ruin everything for players.

• Like 1

CyberRyan the thing about someone griefing a server someone griefed my server i had alot of proof and reported them and no punishment. I now cannot acess my server and will have to quit minehut due to many issues about this moderating

1 hour ago, Kakepy said:

CyberRyan the thing about someone griefing a server someone griefed my server i had alot of proof and reported them and no punishment. I now cannot acess my server and will have to quit minehut due to many issues about this moderating

What is your ingame IGN?

Default: Feb 6 2018

VIP: April 14 2019

Jr. Mod: September 12 2020

Mod: Jan 11 2021

Am a person

Hello

image.png.bd769c496f267e5b4b56b5b53145033f.png

16 hours ago, Kakepy said:

VIP takes 2 months of straight voting to obtain. If all players did that then used the credits they obtained from voting to purchase VIP the server would enter utter carnage. Minehut does not discriminate against any rank no matter the instance, everyone is met with the same guidelines to follow. We do apologise that you feel this way about the staff team but we do try our best to enforce the rules with leniency. 

𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖘

VhxEDBl.png.529878f2f7856fdae0d911cde8ce12d1.png
Server Rules  Staff Applications  News & Updates
Reports  Appeals

Retired Moderator (June 30th 2020 - May 17th 2021)

All of the minehut staff are sort of off it seems especcially jr mods. 

First of all, we've been staff on Minehut for 19 days. We are new to the whole environment, and we are just settling in. It's not too motivating to have a community member write a post like this, it's actually quite discouraging personally.

17 hours ago, Kakepy said:

I got muted 12 hours ago for "Spam" i sent 1 message every 10 minutes and i got muted for "Chat flood"

By no means would or should a staff member mute for 'spam' if you actually are sending "1 message every 10 minutes". If you are still looking for further assistance, I'd be happy to help if you responded with your IGN. 

i just feel that minehut staff have too much priority over players and i've gotten false muted so many time and have archived about 10 appeals all regarding this in the past that its annoying.

The priority of the Minehut staff team is always the community. We try our best to keep the chat safe, and free of rule breakers. If you were false muted, you could write an appeal. Writing more than 1 appeal for a specific punishment is not going to get you unpunished any faster, but will tarnish your reputation and may get you punished further.

Also i feel there shouldnt be network bans and instead hub bans so i can still acess my server if im banned on minehut.

Minehut will most likely never implement a system like this. Here's why: Minehut is all connected. All the servers are connected. If you join directly through an IP to a player server, you can still to go the lobby and join another one. If you are punished for breaking the rules, you will be punished on the network as a whole. 

Minehut really shouldnt have network bans or mutes in lobbies as its annoying to the players (Me) if this moderation continues i might have to quit minehut tbh.

Like I previously mentioned, Minehut will probably never implement a system like this. The main thing the staff team does is enforces the rules. If you are caught breaking the rules, expect punishment. 

No. $10 should and will not let you bypass any punishments. Many ranked players are punished, daily. The lobbies would be absolutely insane if you were able to pay to be exempt from punishments. 

We are sorry that you feel that way about the staff team, and we will definitely take your feedback into consideration. Thank you for letting us Junior Moderators know how we can improve, we certainly do appreciate it. 

The Minehut staff team does appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your time! 🙂

• Like 3

𝚄𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍

𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: @𝕌𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕#𝟘𝟘𝟘𝟙

News & Updates  Rules • Helper Application

Reports • Appeals

𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚏𝚏 𝚘𝚗 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚑𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟹𝟶𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶

All of the minehut staff are sort of off it seems especcially jr mods.

The Junior Mods had a bit of a shaky start I agree. As said in some replies, they are new to this. You have to give them the chance to prove their worth before making a post like this. This post just degrades and discourages them. Not very helpful.

Each jr mod tells me something different about advertising.

This one is interesting. This isn't a junior mod thing, rather, an entire staff team thing. This is a reasonable issue that really needs to be worked on. Different staff have different opinions on chat flood and spam especially and it ultimately leads to inefficiency and false mutes.

This here is a very good point, and I agree. They shouldn't be network banning people for griefing servers anyways. It's ultimately up to the player server's owner and/or moderation team on how they deal with griefers. This shouldn't fall back on Minehut and it definitely shouldn't warrant getting banned from your own server because you've been network banned..

strongly disagree lol

Edited by farwl

Graphic Designer - Skript Developer - Professional Builder - Content Creator

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord

I feel like if you do a post complaining about staff team it immediately gets alot of topics lol sorry for this useless but interesting reply

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

On 7/18/2020 at 12:00 AM, Resides said:

please state why you think this would be a good idea 

somebody breaches minehut

buys vip

ha ha you cant ban me

• Haha 1

VIP since January 7th, 2020

Support since September 19th, 2020

Helper since November 3rd, 2020

Moderator since March 8th, 2021

unknown.png

5.png.e14b1bf83edf0ac2edc1bfb822177184.png

image.png.fe30b7b2c0be5a541ba4ed2187b23030.png

On 7/17/2020 at 11:21 PM, Kakepy said:

Can minehut file a new staff team.

we can't just remove every single staff member and add like 20 more right off the bat, it's not that simple

All of the minehut staff are sort of off it seems especcially jr mods. Each jr mod tells me something different about advertising

they have yet to be jr mods for even a month, please, please give them a chance; they're new to the environment and we should give them time to improve

must've had a super floody advertisement then

also spam and flood aren't the same thing (though they confuse me)

im not appealing this mute or wanting to but i just feel that minehut staff have too much priority over players and i've gotten false muted so many time and have archived about 10 appeals all regarding this in the past that its annoying

if you're not gonna appeal it i don't see why it's our issue

Also i feel there shouldnt be network bans and instead hub bans so i can still acess my server if im banned on minehut. Minehut really shouldnt have network bans or mutes in lobbies as its annoying to the players (Me)

I'm kinda split in which way to pick for this one. I agree with this but I feel like there's something else that's wrong about it (I can't quite figure out what's nagging me here)

if this moderation continues i might have to quit minehut tbh.

as marsh said you wouldn't be the first

so many people would exploit this

no rude intent here sorry if it came out that way

VIP since January 7th, 2020

Support since September 19th, 2020

Helper since November 3rd, 2020

Moderator since March 8th, 2021

unknown.png

5.png.e14b1bf83edf0ac2edc1bfb822177184.png

image.png.fe30b7b2c0be5a541ba4ed2187b23030.png

• 2 years later...
On 7/18/2020 at 12:21 AM, Kakepy said:

Also i feel there shouldnt be network bans and instead hub bans so i can still acess my server if im banned on minehut. Minehut really shouldnt have network bans or mutes in lobbies

i 1000% agree, there should be separate punishments for the people who grief servers and the people who spam in the hub, its a bad system and it should be re-done to be user friendly.