#NoPluginLimit

ShivP0703

Minehut is still free. Can you create your own server for free? Yes. Minehut is still a free server host, so saying "the only reason minehut's popular, is cause its free" is completely false.

We're sorry that you don't like the update. We're working on ways to improve it while optimizing our performance. Please realize that Minehut needs money to run. We cannot provide server hosting with no charge to us.

• Like 7

Yes I used to be [ADMIN]. I resigned from that position

Subscribe on YouTube (truly epic content)
Follow me on Twitter

_C02 I disagree with what you just, you're asking us to waste our credits because you guys can't handle the fact that ads don't give as much money. What's next? Take away voting credits? Make you pay to start the server? All we are seeing now is once again another platform fail because they can't get our satisfaction. this is also why i'm trying to switch to PebbleHost platform, or linux platform. Also, the fact how everyone hates this update should give you the hint that we're going to leave if changes aren't done.

• Like 1

Guys back in the old days we had to vote to have our server up 23 hours, otherwise it would be up for 1 hour. Plus we could only have 2 plugins, 4 players and a small worldborder (yea this happened, it was during the worst of the worst).

Gladly we still have warzone back then lol

• Like 5

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

3 minutes ago, Gaminger said:

Guys back in the old days we had to vote to have our server up 23 hours, otherwise it would be up for 1 hour. Plus we could only have 2 plugins, 4 players and a small worldborder (yea this happened, it was during the worst of the worst).

Gladly we still have warzone back then lol

Literally, people take for granted that us OGs had to wait through that process, this is nothing for us.

Such a huge overreaction.

• Like 2

𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖘

VhxEDBl.png.529878f2f7856fdae0d911cde8ce12d1.png
Server Rules  Staff Applications  News & Updates
Reports  Appeals

Retired Moderator (June 30th 2020 - May 17th 2021)

Hello!

I believe that the plugin limit should not be raised. I mean, Minehut is already giving a lot for free users. 1 GB of ram was something that could be dreamed of back in the old days and 12 plugins.. that's a lot. If Minehut raised the plugin limit, then they would lose money and the wouldn't gain it anywhere. Think of it like this: You are given a 2007 laptop for FREE. It has no special features like an RGB keyboard and it's also inexpensive , but it's FREE. A 2007 laptop wouldn't cost much, but you could still sell it for some cash. I don't know if this made you look at this from a different perspective, but I hope so. Minehut needs to have the free plan worse than the others, because then people would be encouraged to upgrade.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, _C02 said:

Minehut is still free. Can you create your own server for free? Yes. Minehut is still a free server host, so saying "the only reason minehut's popular, is cause its free" is completely false.

We're sorry that you don't like the update. We're working on ways to improve it while optimizing our performance. Please realize that Minehut needs money to run. We cannot provide server hosting with no charge to us.

truth right here - and if you rlly want an example still, why dont try and make your own free server hoster for free. you cant. and its gonna be like that for years.

By reading this you are a confirmed nerd

IMG_1036.PNG

lolololol.PNG

lmao.PNG

Hey!

I was considering commenting, but it ended up being an entire post xd check it out:

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png

4 hours ago, Migqy said:

Hey!

I was considering commenting, but it ended up being an entire post xd check it out:

"pls guys lets make this my post"

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

This update for players is not good.

This update for the minehut community is good. 

Over the past few years minehut has spoiled us with being able to create servers for free, they are growing rapidly and need a way to be able to handle the new servers, AD's do obviously not make enough to host over thousands of servers for people. Therefor minehut has finally gone a little bit stricter forcing you a little bit more to buy credits so minehut can keep this service up and running for us.

At the end of the day. Minehut is still free, has many crazy and cool features, and i think this change is for the better. Obviously theres gonna people who disagree and WANT servers without paying a penny. In reality this is not possible without a lot of income. Minehut is still the biggest and best free server host.

Obviously if you want to run a big server now you need to pay or vote daily. But that's how life is you cannot expect everything to be free. I think minehut has done a fantastic job at keeping this service free, but obviously times can get tough and as they are growing so quick they now have to limit our free player servers.

Most servers that are hosted on minehut are Free what means most of the income would be from just AD's.  

Edited by _TaZePUg

Developer

Skript, HTML, CSS, PHP, Java, JavaScript, Python, Lua

I'm still confused as to why Minehut needs to make money. I've never heard of a company needing to make profit before. I think Minehut should be paying its users to make servers, not the other way around.

Edited by zoly
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

To all the people saying that this update is annoying, I can understand where you are coming from. However, this may be the best way for minehut to continue hosting free servers for players. Back just a few years ago the plugin limit was way lower for free servers, and you could only have 4 players. This is a huge improvement, and compared to other hosts, minehut still offers one of the best free server plans.

First Joined: July 2015
VIP: January 2020
Jr.Mod: 1st April 2020
Mod: 16th July 2020

Info:

~ Skript Developer
~ Discord: @nicholxs#0001
~ Previous names: Nichxlxs, Deterno, iHaveSkills, Retrical

It might not offer the best paid server plans of all hosts, but like 95% of Minehut don't need or want that. But Minehut's community is pretty litty if you ask me.

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png