Minehut Changelog - Nov 2, 2020

BennyDoesStuff

Awesome! Looking forward to the changes to the staff team, as well as the new /ad command! 

𝚄𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍

𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: @𝕌𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕#𝟘𝟘𝟘𝟙

News & Updates  Rules • Helper Application

Reports • Appeals

𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚏𝚏 𝚘𝚗 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚑𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟹𝟶𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶

IMO all advertisements should be clickable by players to join the server, regardless of the owner's rank. It's not a good user experience for it to be inconsistent for players like that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The best way to reach me is on Discord (@daniel#0004). I'll respond quicker than on the forums!

Here's my big issue with this whole new update. Most plugins do not actually work. This isn't the best thing you'd want to see from a server who's a main feature is to allow players to host their own server. Many skript features are unavailable and skript is one of the most used plugins on the server. Not to mention other important plugins like TAB and Holographic Displays dont work

Edited by kuzmin04
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian9171 said:

is there a way to apply for helper?

Staff applications will be re-opened sometime in the future, no ETA - can't apply right now.

The best way to reach me is on Discord (@daniel#0004). I'll respond quicker than on the forums!

Nice!

• Like 1

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

32 minutes ago, heehehehe said:

Since /ad was added will there also be a way to toggle these messages also? Like a /toggleads command? Or do I still need to use a 3rd party mod to block these messages like I did before with a /join filter changed to a [ad] filter?

Exactly, And if not then please send your mod.

2 hours ago, BennyDoesStuff said:

image.png

Minehut Changelog - Nov 2, 2020

As of recently, Minehut has continued to notice player growth and the number of people hanging out and talking in the lobbies has significantly increased. Because of this increase, however, it has encouraged some malicious users to take advantage of this and have led to situations where it has become quite difficult to help players and keep the lobby spam under control. The changes we’ve made today will be a first step to help address the recent noticeable issues.

/advertise command

Going forward, advertising will no longer be allowed in the public chat, this has been moved to a new command called /advertise. This command will behave similarly to the way you advertise in the lobby chat and it will continue to send the advertisement to all Minehut lobbies. The main reason for this change is to help distinguish advertisements from normal conversations and to add a specific cooldown when advertising servers. All advertisements will have an 80 character limit.

Rank Cooldowns

• Default: 8 minutes
  • VIP: 7 minutes
  • PRO: 5 minutes
  • LEGEND: 3 minutes
  • PATRON: 1 minute

When using the command, it’ll ask for the server name as well as the message you would like to send out as the advertisement. The advertisement will only allow you to advertise online servers and it will tell you if the server you are advertising is not currently online. If you are a donator, you also will get access to some other benefits when using the command.

Other Rank Benefits

• VIP: Colors
  • PRO: Colors, Italics, and Bold
  • LEGEND: Click to join functionality
  • PATRON: Inherits all previous

With this initial rollout, we will be warning users who fail to use the advertisement command when advertising Minehut servers. After a few weeks/month grace period, we’ll stop warning and instantly mute users who do not advertise servers in the /advertise command.

Staff Rank Updates

Alongside the new /advertise command, we’re also updating the hierarchy of the staff team to have more of a focus on support and helping players. We’ve added a new rank in-game for people who specialize with this called [HELPER]. These are community members who are here to help you with any questions or issues that might arise while you enjoy your time on Minehut.

With the addition of this new rank, we will also be reopening applications for staff sometime in the near future. If you are interested in applying for a position like this and volunteering for Minehut, be sure to keep a lookout on the forums for when we announce them.

Can you do the /ad command when you are in your own server?

• Like 1