Pex or LP

Nd_

Pex or LuckPerms  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pex Or LuckPerms

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2019 at 04:00 AM

PermissionsEX is the better of the two in my opinion, however it is an abandoned plugin (meaning it won’t be updated again) so I suggest that you learn LuckPerms because that seems to be the main one now. It’s really just up to personal preference, try both and make your own choice on which one you prefer.

If you need a tutorial for LuckPerms, you can find one here! If you have any future questions post them in Community Support and people will be able to help 🙂 

hey gamer! unless you're Jackson then you're toxic.

Senior Moderator since July 21st 2020

- Currently leading the Recruitment and Media Team.

1 hour ago, xMuel said:

PermissionsEX is the better of the two in my opinion, however it is an abandoned plugin (meaning it won’t be updated again) so I suggest that you learn LuckPerms because that seems to be the main one now. It’s really just up to personal preference, try both and make your own choice on which one you prefer.

If you need a tutorial for LuckPerms, you can find one here! If you have any future questions post them in Community Support and people will be able to help 🙂 

Thanks! Also, should this be in General?

On 9/26/2019 at 1:24 AM, Nd_ said:

I currently am using PEX, but am thinking of switching to LP, should I?

Right, firstly let me clarify a couple of concerns a lot of users are having:

• Is permissions ex ever going to be continued? No, it won't be updated in the future.
  • What's better pex or luckyperms? None, it's totally up to your opinion. Some like pex because it's simplistic, others like luckyperms because it contains more features.
  • Overall I believe a permission plugin is a permission plugin, when it comes to chat formatting, giving permissions it's all the same, just different variables and commands.
  • Can I skript a rank command? Yes, it's really simple, just look at the "skript" section, loads get posted. Typically you'll find ones without custom permissions, as a resultant of this I just recommend adding to the skript something like
make console execute "pex user <user> group add <group>"

Anyways, just like xMuel said, luckyperms may be a better choice because of the new and upcoming updates.          

|Ex Staff|

download.jpg.af28032f9dfcfef569a01b3c5168646e.jpg - Matqx#5545

1045330945_download(1).jpg.42534e5f7de249b44b6e4fb4af0570aa.jpg - Matqx // Pro

Rules // Discord // Voting Link

Luckperms is better for experienced players. Luckperms allows you to add more features and setup your groups with more detail. PEX is a simple plugin designed to allow anyone to execute easy commands and make groups fast. Luckperms is over all more stable and reliable. Not even that hard to learn anyways so my opinion is to learn luckperms and use it for life..

IGN: TastqHalloween

Discord: Tastq#6814

Twitter

Youtube

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 11:15 AM, TastqHalloween said:

Luckperms is better for experienced players. Luckperms allows you to add more features and setup your groups with more detail. PEX is a simple plugin designed to allow anyone to execute easy commands and make groups fast. Luckperms is over all more stable and reliable. Not even that hard to learn anyways so my opinion is to learn luckperms and use it for life..

Some of the commands are stupid, like /lp group Owner meta setprefix &4&lOWNER, while in PEX, you just have to do /pex group Owner prefix "&4&lOWNER "

Anyways, I will be staying with PEX

Requesting Lock

• muelr locked this topic