Minehut Exposed

farwl

Honestly, I'm just gonna lay this out here and now.
In MY opinion, Minehut is a poor hosting option.
The reasons I see it as a poor hosting option are below.
->No variety at all
->Servers constantly reset/update with 0 control
->Plugins are limited to a select amount
->Players rarely stay on your server unless you've paid for a server icon + more slots and have Skript
->Players are really toxic 90% of the time, especially at around 2-3am in lobbies
->Staff moderation is extremely hit or miss
->Minehut/SLG makes some of the most baffling decisions at times (Remember when they limited servers to 4 slots and 2 plugins? Haha, yeah. That killed 90% of servers there.)
->Support is pretty much doesn't exist for servers
->Costs more than other server providers and with less features if you pay money for a subscription service
Really, the only reason I can see that people play minehut is to do games like Speedrunner vs Hunters, Deathswap, etc with friends or feel like they own a server.
Does this mean nobody should play Minehut? No, obviously not. It did help me learn a few essential plugins and features of hosting a server. It is a good way to play with friends without paying money still. And some of the games on the server are indeed fun at times. But, when you take into account everything as an actual service for hosting servers - it pales in comparison to many other services.
Again, this is just how I perceive Minehut. If the staff take this as me telling others to leave, that isn't the case. It's still a good experience to learn plugins and there are good servers on Minehut - they're just very few and far between.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mattstat716 said:

Honestly, I'm just gonna lay this out here and now.
In MY opinion, Minehut is a poor hosting option.
The reasons I see it as a poor hosting option are below.
->No variety at all
->Servers constantly reset/update with 0 control
->Plugins are limited to a select amount
->Players rarely stay on your server unless you've paid for a server icon + more slots and have Skript
->Players are really toxic 90% of the time, especially at around 2-3am in lobbies
->Staff moderation is extremely hit or miss
->Minehut/SLG makes some of the most baffling decisions at times (Remember when they limited servers to 4 slots and 2 plugins? Haha, yeah. That killed 90% of servers there.)
->Support is pretty much doesn't exist for servers
->Costs more than other server providers and with less features if you pay money for a subscription service
Really, the only reason I can see that people play minehut is to do games like Speedrunner vs Hunters, Deathswap, etc with friends or feel like they own a server.
Does this mean nobody should play Minehut? No, obviously not. It did help me learn a few essential plugins and features of hosting a server. It is a good way to play with friends without paying money still. And some of the games on the server are indeed fun at times. But, when you take into account everything as an actual service for hosting servers - it pales in comparison to many other services.
Again, this is just how I perceive Minehut. If the staff take this as me telling others to leave, that isn't the case. It's still a good experience to learn plugins and there are good servers on Minehut - they're just very few and far between.

All valid points. I strongly agree.

Graphic Designer - Skript Developer - Professional Builder - Content Creator

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord

->Costs more than other server providers and with less features

Yeah this is another problem. They haven't actually pursued the path "Maybe if we make the quality of the service better, we'll make more money."

• Like 1

Graphic Designer - Skript Developer - Professional Builder - Content Creator

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/1/2020 at 9:02 AM, fdsfd_was_taken said:

Imo, Minehut ignores everyone who haven't paid a penny to them. This doesn't include MOST of the Minehut Jr. Mods, Mods, and Sr. Mods. Most of them are pretty chill. Oh yeah, _C02 is chill too. I have unfortunately paid Minehut out of my own pocket, years ago. But Minehut doesn't know about that, and why would they care? $10 is nothing when they have people giving them thousands of dollars for a cosmetic rank, and rights on Minehut.

NOT TRUE,

Back when I did not have a paid plan they would respond to my messages in game

• Rufen locked this topic