Minehut Exposed

farwl

22 minutes ago, filr said:

Alright so there's a lot I'd like to touch on here. I'm taking everything from the document, nothing from your past or anything else.

"They usually have no interest in retaining the qualities that made the project interesting or attract users in the first place."

• What features changed that made Minehut unenjoyable? What about Minehut does not attract growth/users, and if this is so, why has Minehut grown exponentially? 

"Super League Gaming wants money, and as such, they acquired Minehut"

• Yeah, I don't think any company in the world would acquire something if they didn't see some kind of mutual benefit. However, if this was purely the case, I think we'd see a lot more executive influence. There really isn't.

"The only goal here is personal gain for SLG, not to make Minehut a better place"

• Does not make sense. You cannot get more "personal gain" without putting anything into something else. Also, I think there'd be more executive influence if this was the case.

"Another big issue that unveiled as SLG presence on Minehut increased, was the lack of communication and transparency with players"

• I know I've already said this several times, but on the staff side of things, I want to be more transparent.

"Luke was more in touch with the community"

• What do you mean by this? Do you mean he was on the server a lot, or activity network wide? How can I improve this? I doubt Trent has any problem talking more often to everyone but I don't want to speak for him.

"Nowadays you’re making support tickets instead of getting help directly from an admin"

• Minehut now has a dedicated support team. As much as I hate to say it, Admins are too busy to constantly be assisting users. Also keep in mind Minehut has grown substancially, it's in everyone's best interest that there is a dedicated support team rather than "Oh, just DM Trent."
  • If you need direct help, I have no doubt a Moderator/Junior Moderator will have any issue responding to you. 
  • Minehut still continues to be based heavily on community support, hence why a lot of questions/concerns are answered in #help on the Discord and in the help category on the forums by community members.

"Completely ignoring the days, weeks, or sometimes, even months, it takes for them to be read, you aren’t even getting help from a Minehut official"

• They are Minehut officials? And if it is taking that long to get a response, message me.

"You’re getting support from people who don’t even use Minehut regularly"

• The Support Team is pretty small, and while yes I will admit that some of them don't use Minehut actively, Kurtis does.

"SLG does not care about user experience, or appreciation for Minehut"

• Not sure what exactly you're going for here, but yes they do. If user experience was not cared for, Minehut would not be maintained and there'd be no updates.

"In fact, they actually censor and filter any sort of slightly negative comment towards Minehut anywhere"

• If your comments are negatively affecting user experience (like yours were, by going on the lobbies and telling people not to use the service) then Moderators reserve the right to mute you.

"You’re instantly deemed ‘toxic’ for voicing your opinion"

• You should voice your opinion in a non-toxic manner then.

"As seen above, the main argument for denying freedom of speech on Minehut, is a legal point of view. If you take a moment to think about why people at Minehut would give you legal responses on a free server host for Minecraft, you’ll realize, they would not. At least, they wouldn’t have years ago. Now that SLG has acquired Minehut, legal responses are the extent of support you’ll get. "

• I didn't think I really needed to attach the screenshot. This is not a SLG rule, this is a government rule. You referenced the U.S. Constitution for legal reasons, and as such I gave you a legal response. I would've done it when I was a Sr.Mod in 2016 if someone said it then too, and I did.

"If I fully expose staff members here I’ll continue to get targeted on the network even harsher."

• Expose them in my DM, if a staff member has done something to warrant termination then I will do so. You're helping nothing by hiding evidence.

"Anyways, the staff team is really corrupt. I don’t blame the individuals, but the higher-ups. If you think about it from an honest point of view, the individuals that are volunteering for Minehut, aren’t working for a company, rather, their higher-ups are."

• I'm not working for Super League.

"For the record, I was not spamming, flooding chat, attempting to promote any sort of agenda, political view, or continue any form of drama"

• You were promoting users to leave Minehut, negatively affecting user experience.

"I was simply using my rights and expressing freedom of speech."

• Doubt I have to say it again, but no company is required to allow you to have free speech. The 1st Amendment protects you from governmental interference.

"After this experience, it became more clear than it ever has been, that the Minehut staff team, or some members of it, simply do not like me, and target me because of my name"

• This goes for anybody, Minehut Moderators are human beings too. If you dig yourself in a grave by constantly saying things that are borderline rule violations you will have a reputation among the staff, and your punishment history always contributes to this.

"I went to the forums to appeal as instructed. I waited over 7 hours for my 24 hour mute appeal to even be read and responded to. "

• Some of our staff have things they like to do outside of Minecraft.

"As you can see in the screenshot above, they’ve denied my appeal. The thing that really caught my eye, was the part of the response that instructed me to wait 2 weeks to appeal again"

• From what I'm aware, this was incorrect. You are not required to wait 2 weeks.

"Instead, they neglected it, because as stated previously, they target me."

• This was nothing against you. All denied appeals have a waiting period before being allowed to appeal again.

"At this point I should be tired of it, but since SLG acquired Minehut, there is virtually nobody I can go to, in order to address this corruption"

• I'm right here, but only if you have valid evidence.

"For years Minehut has struggled to get basic features out. Some are features that come automatically in PC hosted servers. Including but not limited to; Live console."

• I know live console has been discussed a lot and I don't want to speak on the dev team's behalf, but I think it'd be a valuable feature. I think they all do.

"They’re already profiting tons off of Minehut. But they want more. If something doesn’t make them money, or boost their stock price, it won’t be added."

• I'm curious, how much do you think SLG is making from Minehut? By the way you're talking, it's making me think you believe Super League has hit the mega millions lottery.

That's basically every point I wanted to touch on. Thanks for taking the time to make this post and I think it's important to come forward with any concerns you have. This isn't a personal attack against you as you may perceive it to be; this is just a collection of my thoughts as that document was. When this thread was brought to my attention a few hours ago, I changed my priorities around for the day so I could give you a response. Again, this isn't a personal attack against you. I'd also like to say once more that you can come to me with evidence to "expose staff members." There's no reason to keep someone on the team is there is physical evidence of something they've done that should warrant termination.

ok ngl you're a pretty chill dude but most of what you said here was complete garbage sorry.

The fact that I get scammed $12 and then get silenced when I try to tell other users about my experience publicly just goes to show the intense amount of effort put into censorship on Minehut. If half the amount of effort that's put into denying freedom of speech, was put into actually developing features, Minehut wouldn't be behind right now 😉

Alright sure SLG staff I guess are Minehut officials. Why would you place people who don't play Minehut regularly or aren't familiar with certain aspects of it, on the support team that is tasked with helping Minehut users.

Moderators shouldn't be able to mute people for saying 'Minehut is a scam'. And that's not a rule listed on the rules page regardless.

Like you said, Minehut has grown exponentially. (I actually don't know if this is true, we've recently seen a big decline in player count and server count) This being said, surely relying on community support and third party services for features like world downloading isn't ideal. Why isn't work being done to change this?

"You should voice your opinion in a non-toxic manner then."

- I don't think I need to explain this one. I'm not being toxic by saying 'Minehut is a scam', literally after they scammed me $12 and denied a refund.

Literally one of the issues here is that people get deemed toxic by the staff team for simply giving their opinions and then you come out here and call me toxic for voicing my opinion.....

Edited by farwl
  • Like 1

Graphic Designer - Skript Developer - Professional Builder - Content Creator

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord

14 minutes ago, farwl said:

ok ngl you're a pretty chill dude but most of what you said here was complete garbage sorry.

The fact that I get scammed $12 and then get silenced when I try to tell other users about my experience publicly just goes to show the intense amount of effort put into censorship on Minehut.

Alright sure SLG staff I guess are Minehut officials. Why would you place people who don't play Minehut regularly or aren't familiar with certain aspects of it, on the support team that is tasked with helping Minehut users.

Moderators shouldn't be able to mute people for saying 'Minehut is a scam'. And that's not a rule listed on the rules page regardless.

Like you said, Minehut has grown exponentially. (I actually don't know if this is true, we've recently seen a big decline in player count and server count) This being said, surely relying on community support and third party services for features like world downloading isn't ideal. Why isn't work being done to change this?

"You should voice your opinion in a non-toxic manner then."

- I don't think I need to explain this one. I'm not being toxic by saying 'Minehut is a scam', literally after they scammed me $12 and denied a refund.

Literally one of the issues here is that people get deemed toxic by the staff team for simply giving their opinions and then you come out here and call me toxic for voicing my opinion.....

You don't get silenced simply for expressing your opinion my guy. You get silenced if your opinion negatively affects user experience--which going on the lobbies and trying to convince users to leave is.

"If half the amount of effort that's put into denying freedom of speech, was put into actually developing features, Minehut wouldn't be behind right now"

kinda a funny thing to say ngl. I'm putting no effort into "denying free speech", this is stuff I know from educating myself. 

"Why would you place people who don't play Minehut regularly or aren't familiar with certain aspects of it, on the support team that is tasked with helping Minehut users." That is a true statement that I can agree with, however our support team is familiar with Minehut's platform and intended usage. I don't see how you not receiving a refund indicates their lack of knowledge around Minehut's technical side.

"Moderators shouldn't be able to mute people for saying 'Minehut is a scam'. And that's not a rule listed on the rules page regardless." Again, you were muted for trying to get users to leave Minehut, negatively affecting user experience. Also, the reason we have rule #13 is for any times where we may need to specify a rule without it being written on the page.

"I don't think I need to explain this one. I'm not being toxic by saying 'Minehut is a scam', literally after they scammed me $12 and denied a refund."

Again, not why you were muted.

"Literally one of the issues here is that people get deemed toxic by the staff team for simply giving their opinions and then you come out here and call me toxic for voicing my opinion....."

Telling people to leave the service is not an opinion.

Yes I used to be [ADMIN]. I resigned from that position

Subscribe on YouTube (truly epic content)
Follow me on Twitter

ok clearly nothing productive is going to come from me giving valid points and then you attempting to twist my words / justify my unfair mute so I guess I'll just not reply anymore 😕

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord

3 minutes ago, farwl said:

ok clearly nothing productive is going to come from me giving valid points and then you attempting to twist my words / justify my unfair mute so I guess I'll just not reply anymore 😕

I didn't twist your words, and if I did, unintentional. But I can provide messages from tracc if needed.

Yes I used to be [ADMIN]. I resigned from that position

Subscribe on YouTube (truly epic content)
Follow me on Twitter

a reply to FILR and FARWL:

What features changed that made Minehut unenjoyable?

old features such as /party thanos snapped, minehut hosted servers like bedwars thanos snapped, third party servers thanos snapped, featured servers gui gone, people making decent servers gone, basic commands such as /find and /ignore not working as expected, lots of network lag (not to say that is your fault but it makes it unenjoyable nevertheless), lobbies being filled with spam and racial slurs at 3 am eastern instead of actual conversation, gray chat kind of bad, all lobbies remaining linked, staff team in clearly in disarray [baguette], proven inconsistent moderation rulings, lack of moderators to actually deal with the scale minehut has reached, functional disregard for suggestions, among many other things i could but will not expand on

if this is so, why has Minehut grown exponentially? 

advertising

"Super League Gaming wants money, and as such, they acquired Minehut" (farwl)

company do make money

Does not make sense. You cannot get more "personal gain" without putting anything into something else. Also, I think there'd be more executive influence if this was the case.

"putting anything into something else" is not very specific, this doesn't necessarily mean they have to put anything towards feature development towards Minehut, they could instead make epic moves such as a marketplace or a 12 plugin limit for servers.

I know I've already said this several times, but on the staff side of things, I want to be more transparent.

not sure if this is true, considering certain confidential events that transpired regarding a particular ex senior moderator, that were not communicated truthfully to the public

What do you mean by this? Do you mean he was on the server a lot, or activity network wide? How can I improve this? I doubt Trent has any problem talking more often to everyone but I don't want to speak for him.

trent talks to people on discord but that's about it, you don't really see any of the slg folks publicly interact in game with anyone besides some kids idolizing them in the lobby or something

Minehut still continues to be based heavily on community support, hence why a lot of questions/concerns are answered in #help on the Discord and in the help category on the forums by community members.

support team coming soon according to Criticyl maybe should include that

They are Minehut officials? And if it is taking that long to get a response, message me.

fair

Not sure what exactly you're going for here, but yes they do. If user experience was not cared for, Minehut would not be maintained and there'd be no updates.

image.png.a0164708e8e9a74a698d2e900a93a4c9.png

image.thumb.png.31f4813693da60743baa5b74969145ec.png

[pagespeed insights from Google :TM:]

superleague only takes Ws in user experience 💯

You’re instantly deemed ‘toxic’ for voicing your opinion - (farwl)

You should voice your opinion in a non-toxic manner then.

he said you are called toxic as an effect of voicing your opinion, not that they expressed the opinion toxic-ly, cop out response

Expose them in my DM, if a staff member has done something to warrant termination then I will do so. You're helping nothing by hiding evidence.

i already did this with trent but i didn't get a definitive response yet so im just going to forward it to you lol

I'm not working for Super League.

Super League Gaming For The Win

I was simply using my rights and expressing freedom of speech. (farwl)

rules exist

This goes for anybody, Minehut Moderators are human beings too. If you dig yourself in a grave by constantly saying things that are borderline rule violations you will have a reputation among the staff, and your punishment history always contributes to this.

i would say this admits a personal bias develops then in moderators, this makes sense as ruffen was muted for saying Baguette yesterday which was very interesting, as 'baguette' has 222 results in the minehut discord

I went to the forums to appeal as instructed. I waited over 7 hours for my 24 hour mute appeal to even be read and responded to. (farwl)

doesn't it say you can only appeal puns 3+ days greater lol

I know live console has been discussed a lot and I don't want to speak on the dev team's behalf, but I think it'd be a valuable feature. I think they all do.

i'm sure Minehut has realized since 2017 that it would be a good feature to add lol, people want it implemented but it gets backlogged all the time, whether it is a network issue or a monetization feature holding it up. this goes for other quality of life suggestions, such as the infamous .lang file extension from MrScopes which has remain unaddressed for several years now

They’re already profiting tons off of Minehut. But they want more. If something doesn’t make them money, or boost their stock price, it won’t be added. (farwl)

i have doubts that slg is making profit off of minecraft server hosting

There's no reason to keep someone on the team is there is physical evidence of something they've done that should warrant termination.

two words: slg kiera

tough scenes

Edited by ThatOneTqnk
  • Like 2

7crnh89.png

OO8mIVD.png

21 minutes ago, farwl said:

farwl, you do nothing but complain about Minehut. You make fun of Minehut in your Discord custom status, do nothing but complain and fight with people in the meta discord, and then call your mute "unfair" when you were muted for actively telling people to leave Minehut in Minehut's own lobbies. Yet, you are the one who believes you are always entitled to free hosting. You use platforms such as Glitch to host your websites because you adamantly believe that you should not have to pay for hosting. Good for you, Minehut provides an environment where you can create a server and play with up with 9 other players with no uptime restrictions, one-click to install hundreds of the most popular plugins, and the ability to advertise your server to over 10,000 concurrently active players for FREE, and yet you still feel the need to complain about everything Minehut does or does not do.

2 minutes ago, SlickNicky10 said:

farwl, you do nothing but complain about Minehut. You make fun of Minehut in your Discord custom status, do nothing but complain and fight with people in the meta discord, and then call your mute "unfair" when you were muted for actively telling people to leave Minehut in Minehut's own lobbies. Yet, you are the one who believes you are always entitled to free hosting. You use platforms such as Glitch to host your websites because you adamantly believe that you should not have to pay for hosting. Good for you, Minehut provides an environment where you can create a server and play with up with 9 other players with no uptime restrictions, one-click to install hundreds of the most popular plugins, and the ability to advertise your server to over 10,000 concurrently active players for FREE, and yet you still feel the need to complain about everything Minehut does or does not do.

literally nothing you said related to the actual topic of the thread. it seems like you're just bringing your personal feelings onto this thread just because I authored it, in which case, this isn't the place for that..

not sure why you're stalking my discord status or how that relates to the topic of the thread

Edited by farwl

Amethyst Studios Discord

4 minutes ago, ThatOneTqnk said:

old features such as /party thanos snapped, minehut hosted servers like bedwars thanos snapped, third party servers thanos snapped, featured servers gui gone, people making decent servers gone, basic commands such as /find and /ignore not working as expected, lots of network lag (not to say that is your fault but it makes it unenjoyable nevertheless), lobbies being filled with spam and racial slurs at 3 am eastern instead of actual conversation, gray chat kind of bad, all lobbies remaining linked, staff team in clearly in disarray [baguette], proven inconsistent moderation rulings, lack of moderators to actually deal with the scale minehut has reached, functional disregard for suggestions, among many other things i could but will not expand on

advertising

company do make money

Does not make sense. You cannot get more "personal gain" without putting anything into something else. Also, I think there'd be more executive influence if this was the case.

"putting anything into something else" is not very specific, this doesn't necessarily mean they have to put anything towards feature development towards Minehut, they could instead make epic moves such as a marketplace or a 12 plugin limit for servers.

I know I've already said this several times, but on the staff side of things, I want to be more transparent.

not sure if this is true, considering certain confidential events that transpired regarding a particular ex senior moderator, that were not communicated truthfully to the public

What do you mean by this? Do you mean he was on the server a lot, or activity network wide? How can I improve this? I doubt Trent has any problem talking more often to everyone but I don't want to speak for him.

trent talks to people on discord but that's about it, you don't really see any of the slg folks publicly interact in game with anyone besides some kids idolizing them in the lobby or something

Minehut still continues to be based heavily on community support, hence why a lot of questions/concerns are answered in #help on the Discord and in the help category on the forums by community members.

They are Minehut officials? And if it is taking that long to get a response, message me.

fair

Not sure what exactly you're going for here, but yes they do. If user experience was not cared for, Minehut would not be maintained and there'd be no updates.

he said you are called toxic as an effect of voicing your opinion, not that they expressed the opinion toxic-ly, cop out response

Expose them in my DM, if a staff member has done something to warrant termination then I will do so. You're helping nothing by hiding evidence.

i already did this with trent but i didn't get a definitive response yet so im just going to forward it to you lol

rules exist

This goes for anybody, Minehut Moderators are human beings too. If you dig yourself in a grave by constantly saying things that are borderline rule violations you will have a reputation among the staff, and your punishment history always contributes to this.

i would say this admits a personal bias develops then in moderators, this makes sense as ruffen was muted for saying Baguette yesterday which was very interesting, as 'baguette' has 222 results in the minehut discord

I went to the forums to appeal as instructed. I waited over 7 hours for my 24 hour mute appeal to even be read and responded to. (farwl)

I know live console has been discussed a lot and I don't want to speak on the dev team's behalf, but I think it'd be a valuable feature. I think they all do.

i'm sure Minehut has realized since 2017 that it would be a good feature to add lol, people want it implemented but it gets backlogged all the time, whether it is a network issue or a monetization feature holding it up. this goes for other quality of life suggestions, such as the infamous .lang file extension from MrScopes which has remain unaddressed for several years now

They’re already profiting tons off of Minehut. But they want more. If something doesn’t make them money, or boost their stock price, it won’t be added. (farwl)

There's no reason to keep someone on the team is there is physical evidence of something they've done that should warrant termination.

tough scenes

well said

Amethyst Studios Discord

1 minute ago, farwl said:

literally nothing you said related to the actual topic of the thread. it seems like you're just bringing your personal feelings onto this thread just because I authored it, in which case, this isn't the place for that..

Personal feelings? I'm making a genuine response to your complaint about your 24 hour mute. First of all, it's a 24 hour mute, get over it. Secondly, I'm sorry that I feel the need to shed some light on the fact that you've done nothing but complain about Minehut for months now.

Just now, SlickNicky10 said:

Personal feelings? I'm making a genuine response to your complaint about your 24 hour mute. First of all, it's a 24 hour mute, get over it. Secondly, I'm sorry that I feel the need to shed some light on the fact that you've done nothing but complain about Minehut for months now.

I don't think you even read the thread tbh. My mute was only used as an example in a section of the article. Lots of people complain about Minehut. You're just choosing to come at me because of your personal feelings towards me. Again, not the place for this.

Amethyst Studios Discord

I don't think you even read the thread tbh. My mute was only used as an example in a section of the article. Lots of people complain about Minehut. You're just choosing to come at me because of your personal feelings towards me. Again, not the place for this.

I actually read your entire google document earlier today. I have a serious question for you, farwl. If you have so many complaints and issues with Minehut that you feel the need to create a thread called "Minehut Exposed" and you feel that Minehut has genuinely ripped you off, then why are you still here? If you hate Minehut so much, nobody is forcing you to use it.

Edited by SlickNicky10

10 minutes ago, ThatOneTqnk said:

advertising

company do make money

fair

rules exist

tough scenes

tough scenes

• Like 1

I actually read your entire google document earlier today. I have a serious question for you, farwl. If you have so many complains and issues with Minehut that you feel the need to create a thread called "Minehut Exposed" and you feel that Minehut has genuinely ripped you off, then why are you still here? If you hate Minehut so much, nobody is forcing you to use it.

I have my own reasons for staying on Minehut, none of which you are entitled to hearing. If I'm going to stay on Minehut the least I can do is attempt to inform on how it can be improved.

Amethyst Studios Discord

Just now, farwl said:

I have my own reasons for staying on Minehut, none of which you are entitled to hearing. If I'm going to stay on Minehut the least I can do is attempt to inform on how it can be improved.

There's a different between constructive criticism and outright trash-talking and whining, which you clearly haven't learned.

1 minute ago, SlickNicky10 said:

There's a different between constructive criticism and outright trash-talking and whining, which you clearly haven't learned.

None of this was trash talk or whining. I tried to keep the article as professional as possible. If it seems like trash talk then that's your point of view, not anyone else's.

Amethyst Studios Discord

I think you and filr both had points. I think filr responded to your points and there's reasoning against every single one of them. I'm on no side here but after reading through everything it's clear to me that you made this thread out of anger about past punishments and you being muted.

I understand why you're upset about that but i genuinely agree with filr that it's a valid mute because you were actively telling people to leave which i wasn't aware of. The mute is very short anyway...

Personally i think naming the thread 'Minehut exposed' might be a bit of a mistake seeing as i don't think you exposed anything to anyone. We all know that superleague's aims are to profit off of minehut and they may have downgraded it slightly from what it used to be, but i also think that's an aspect of with anything that grows and gets big, people always look back at what is was from the beginning and want that back.

Looking and what nicky said i think he's right. Minehut is something that we take advantage of, i don't know another host that has so many players to advertise to and i've never seen a hosting where you can grow your server as easily and fast as Minehut. Of course, minehut has it's downsides but i think over all we can all agree that it's something that we need and without it you wouldn't have had many of the amazing experiences you have had in creating servers. Anglo as an example, got quite a lot of players and thats because of minehut and minehut only, they really are the best for getting a large server and i don't think you're seeing that.

Over all though i'm not on any side just stating what i can see from all this.

IGN: TastqHalloween

Discord: Tastq#6814

Twitter

Youtube

it's clear to me that you made this thread out of anger about past punishments and you being muted.

if you couldn't tell by my previous posts, that isn't the goal here..

Amethyst Studios Discord

And yeah the title 'Minehut Exposed' was a bit misleading.

Amethyst Studios Discord

And yeah the title 'Minehut Exposed' was a bit misleading.

A bit misleading? You claimed that your primary goal was to voice your concerns in a professional manner. A topic title "Minehut Exposed" is not only unprofessional, but makes you come off as childish in all honesty.

Farwl, you knew the update would destroy your server. Its a minehut classic to get your server destroyed by an update/reset xD.

yes because it happens often makes it right

Amethyst Studios Discord

A bit misleading? You claimed that your primary goal was to voice your concerns in a professional manner. A topic title "Minehut Exposed" is not only unprofessional, but makes you come off as childish in all honesty.

ok clearly you aren't here for the actual point of the thread, rather to proclaim your opinions regarding me. please either don't reply anymore or actually post something that relates to the original thread

Amethyst Studios Discord