#NoPluginLimit

ShivP0703

11 hours ago, zoly said:

I'm still confused as to why Minehut needs to make money. I've never heard of a company needing to make profit before. I think Minehut should be paying its users to make servers, not the other way around.

I hope you're joking. Some people don't understand this costs money and minehut needs to make a profit.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, iliketoasters said:

I hope you're joking. Some people don't understand this costs money and minehut needs to make a profit.

@zoly is being very serious. I mean dude are you crazy? Why would minehut need to make profit, if other companies dont make profit?

• Haha 1

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

2 hours ago, Gaminger said:

@zoly is being very serious. I mean dude are you crazy? Why would minehut need to make profit, if other companies dont make profit?

Every company has to make a profit. A company's goal is to make money. And minehut need to make a profit to stay afloat. No money = No minehut

On 4/26/2020 at 2:50 AM, Gaminger said:

Guys back in the old days we had to vote to have our server up 23 hours, otherwise it would be up for 1 hour. Plus we could only have 2 plugins, 4 players and a small worldborder (yea this happened, it was during the worst of the worst).

Gladly we still have warzone back then lol

I have been playing for about five years and I do not remember you.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, zoly said:

I'm still confused as to why Minehut needs to make money. I've never heard of a company needing to make profit before. I think Minehut should be paying its users to make servers, not the other way around.

Thats really tight. 

You do realise making servers is not free. They have to pay for there hosting bills for a load of servers. If minehut paid everyone to make a server.

I dont get why everything is just seeing this from there view. Like. "OH NO. I can't get a free amazing server without paying a penny", "THIS IS TRASH. I WANT FREE SERVERS" When you grow up. You will learn not everything is free. This from a business view is a very good idea. 

At the end of the day minehut is still the best value for free hosting. Of course. Theres alternatives, but with this could mean many things such as:

• Advertisement in your own server promoting there website
  • Not exposed to a big community (Minehut is really the only big community out there that does this stuff)
  • Wait in queue for server startup's
  • Lower ram and specs
  • LOWER THAN 15 plugins for free plans! And your complaining about minehut lowering max plugins? If you are smart enough and vote everyday. You wont need to pay a penny to host your server.

Minehut is still the best option. 

Edited by _TaZePUg
  • Haha 1

Developer

Skript, HTML, CSS, PHP, Java, JavaScript, Python, Lua

4 minutes ago, _TaZePUg said:

Thats really tight. 

You do realise making servers is not free. They have to pay for there hosting bills for a load of servers. If minehut paid everyone to make a server.

I dont get why everything is just seeing this from there view. Like. "OH NO. I can't get a free amazing server without paying a penny", "THIS IS TRASH. I WANT FREE SERVERS" When you grow up. You will learn not everything is free. This from a business view is a very good idea. 

At the end of the day minehut is still the best value for free hosting. Of course. Theres alternatives, but with this could mean many things such as:

• Advertisement in your own server promoting there website
  • Not exposed to a big community (Minehut is really the only big community out there that does this stuff)
  • Wait in queue for server startup's
  • Lower ram and specs
  • LOWER THAN 15 plugins for free plans! And your complaining about minehut lowering max plugins? If you are smart enough and vote everyday. You wont need to pay a penny to host your server.

Minehut is still the best option. 

He was being sarcastic.

• Like 1

12 plugins and 1GB of RAM for free is still really good, especially considering the other free plans of other server hosts. Additionally, this change can help encourage players how to learn script or better yet, how to use command blocks - which is what made minehut servers shine back in 2015 and 2016. Additionally, this is still much better than what the plans were back in 2015/2016 with having 4 players max etc. 

You can still earn credits for free by voting, with the plans still being relatively cheap so that you can still improve your server just by voting daily. It also helps that all plugins are still free, and that ranks and server icons are pretty useless, essentially making these plans the only thing worth putting your credits towards. 

Regardless if you agree or disagree with the update and wish to move to a new host, you must remember that minehut offers the best thing for a server all for free, and that is a community. Now with such a large player base, it is easy for servers to get to 20 or so players to continuously be active on your server. Most brand new servers on new hosts struggle just getting an active player base of 10 people within their first few months of launch, whereas you don't need to worry about that sort of issue. 

tl;dr the new server plans are much better to what the server plans use to be ages ago, the plugin restriction can help encourage learning within the community to learn how to use script and command blocks to make servers as good as the servers that were back in the 2015-2018 era of minehut, additionally voting for credits can still make the plans easily affordable, and that moving to a new host because of these restrictions is just dumb because minehut has already guaranteed your server an efficient playerbase, which is something all other server hosts fail to have. 

• Like 1

Jr Mod February 2018

Mod April 2018-March 2019

I agree, I've spent 2 weeks making a server with 36 plugins and now i cant even use it cuz my server relied on all those plugins.

The mods  say that minehut needs money somehow, but they have ads on the panel, on their website, on the forums, and sometimes in the lobby! In addition, lots of people are getting player slots! I think they did this to get more  votes, because they made a plan for unlimited plugins if you vote every single day of the month. I am going to leave minehut if they dont do something about this

3 minutes ago, McFalcon said:

I agree, I've spent 2 weeks making a server with 36 plugins and now i cant even use it cuz my server relied on all those plugins.

The mods  say that minehut needs money somehow, but they have ads on the panel, on their website, on the forums, and sometimes in the lobby! In addition, lots of people are getting player slots! I think they did this to get more  votes, because they made a plan for unlimited plugins if you vote every single day of the month. I am going to leave minehut if they dont do something about this

Sorry, what kind of server are you making? It probably doesn't' require all 36 of them plugins. In addition, you mentioned how "they have ads on the panel, on their website, on the forums" this is true, but ads aren't currently making as much many as what is needed. 

hey gamer! unless you're Jackson then you're toxic.

Senior Moderator since July 21st 2020

- Currently leading the Recruitment and Media Team.

12 minutes ago, xMuel said:

Sorry, what kind of server are you making? It probably doesn't' require all 36 of them plugins. In addition, you mentioned how "they have ads on the panel, on their website, on the forums" this is true, but ads aren't currently making as much many as what is needed. 

I made a sky mining server, here was the list  of plugins I had: https://pastebin.com/BZn67g6H

2 minutes ago, McFalcon said:

I made a sky mining server, here was the list  of plugins I had: https://pastebin.com/BZn67g6H

Well, first of you said in another post you don't know skript, so you can remove 7 plugins (29) next you can remove TrollCommands+ because that isn't essential for your server (28), Title Welcome Message can be removed because in my opinion a message in chat is sufficient for a join message which can be done with essentials (27). Next Chat Control, Citizens, Citizens CMD, AdvancedBan, AutoPickup can all be removed and you can make the ShopKeepers be used with ores instead of ingots. Chatcontrol can easily be replaced by an active moderation team. AdvancedBan is a bit broken if I remember correctly so Essentials punishments will work fine (21). These 3 plugins; ViaBackwards, ViaRewind, ViaVersion can all be replaced by ProtocolSupport (19). ClearLag isn't really needed for a sky mining server, (18) the next few plugins can be removed Item Editor, items can be edited in command blocks without needing a plugin. Placeholder API, Scoreboard isn't essential for a server if you need to narrow down plugins it isnt essential, I've never used SignLink, so not sure what thats needed for (can probably be removed),  TAB REBORN a tab isn't required for a server either, its just a cool thing to have if you have spare plugin space. Next,  VoidSpawn, if you just set the spawn of the server to the place where this is then they'll be tped there, or you can make that world your default world (12).

The plugins that you now have are; 

• Vault
  • Essentials
  • EssentialsChat
  • EssentialsSpawn
  • BackToTheRoots (1.8 PvP)
  • WorldEdit
  • WorldGuard
  • ShopKeepers
  • ProtocolSupport
  • Core Protect
  • Group Manager
  • Holographic Displays

hey gamer! unless you're Jackson then you're toxic.

Senior Moderator since July 21st 2020

- Currently leading the Recruitment and Media Team.

I already deleted the server, next time I will ask you before I delete a server because this would've actually helped me. Thanks, however, this does would remove a lot of features on my server and makes it harder for players to enjoy it.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:55 PM, zoly said:

I agree; it's abysmal to think a free server host would need to make money to continue providing their services for us!

23 hours ago, Dadrien said:

I have been playing for about five years and I do not remember you.

You only learned about forums now then xD

Don't you remember the whole Pixelific drama thing on the forums?

1 hour ago, killergotrekt said:

liars

Capture.PNG

Lol k

Also I can't believe some of you took what zoly said as being serious xD

• Haha 1

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

12 hours ago, McFalcon said:

Ads don't make a lot of money, which is why now a lot of people who have youtube as their career, especially the more practical channels, have a patron page to help them support their growth.

And besides, you said it yourself - you can get unlimited plugins if you vote every single day. Voting is a simple task and most of the time takes less than 2 minutes to do. Additionally, voting will then support minehut in return with attracting more players, and the more players minehut has means the more players that may potentially try your server. 

Edited by DARLOWE

Jr Mod February 2018

Mod April 2018-March 2019

I can put it simple Free server plan + ad blocker (that minehut does not force to be turned off btw) = Minehut loses money.
(This is fine because player count brings in more players who will pay)

Having a ton of plugins takes a toll on the entire network speed as with more and more players it adds up real fast.
(Have to think about everyone not just yourself)

For people who do a buycraft on their server the update has made it easy and cheaper for those who wish to do so.
(The free plan is not and should not be designed to do so because that's just not how business works)

On 4/29/2020 at 10:43 AM, Gaminger said:

You only learned about forums now then xD

Don't you remember the whole Pixelific drama thing on the forums?

Lol k

Also I can't believe some of you took what zoly said as being serious xD

We don’t talk about Pixelific.