Minecraft Game Theory; The True Villain of Minecraft!

_Rascal

This is me expanding the newest game theory video that attempts to explain the nature of Endermen, I heavily advise to watch that for this to make sense.

It is my belief that Zombie Pigmen used to be what half of their name suggests; Pigmen. But how did they come to be? One explanation I have is lightning. In-game, whenever a pig is struck by lightning, they become a zombie pigman. A pig isn't the only mob that has a property like this as well, a villager becomes a witch if struck and a creeper becomes a charged creeper. This leads me to believe lightning has some magical ability to grant creatures greater power or knowledge, such as giving villagers the ability to brew powerful potions or creepers a much powerful explosion. Back to the zombie pigman and them not originally being zombies and simply pigmen, I believe they were infected by something which turned them into zombies; possibly the same thing that resulted in undead creatures roaming the overworld. But what is this infection? My answer and theory is The Wither.

That's right. Don't worry, I will answer with all the evidence I have found. The wither to most players is a being which you need to build out of soul sand and 3 wither skulls and is seen to be the most difficult fight in the game (Yes, more difficult than the Enderdragon as well). What makes it so difficult is the effect it gives you, being wither. Something that acts similarly to the poison effect but turns your hearts black and will make your health deplete over time. This virus/infection that resides in the many undead mobs is a much weaker version of the wither effect, which has withered away the host's brain and take control of their movement. Why doesn't this happen to player? Simple. The concentrations of the effect are just far too strong and kills within a few minutes instead, I guess, hundreds of years. We know the wither effect around the wither is far stronger as it can quite literally widdle down blocks to dust in mere moments upon contact, as seen in game. Now, how does this go back to Pigmen and Matpats original theory? During the video, he mentions the humans must have fled to the End because of some calamity. What if the invasion of the Wither was that calamity? or perhaps, the aftermath. What if the humans won against the Wither, however the essence it left infected the humans and wildlife which resulted in hordes upon hordes of zombies to attack the many structures they had? The Wither seeking revenge for destroying his shell. This made the Humans retreat into the End as a last resort and I'd presume you know the rest of what happened if you watched the theory. But one thing that still needs answering is the Zombie Pigmen. What if they originally weren't zombies and waged war against the Wither by going to where it came from; The Nether.

They built fortresses in the Nether to protect themselves from the ghastly things that lived there but soon discovered they were all turning into zombies due to the essence which the Wither had left behind. In there attempt to stop, they used gold to cure themselves, as many of you many not have realised; gold has very powerful healing properties. We know this by looking at the many things gold can do, such as making golden apples, the most powerful healing item in the game, healing potions that are brewed by glistening melons (basically golden melons) along with golden carrots having the most saturation. Annddd lets not forget that you CURE ZOMBIE VILLAGERS WITH GOLDEN APPLES (plus a potion of weakness but that's the one ingredient they were missed). Unable to cure the infection, they withered away into the disgusting zombie pigmen we all know that are held together with rotting and withering flesh.

One huge piece of evidence I am extremely chuffed to have discovered that supports the 'hive mind' nature of the Wither is what it drops when defeated... The Nether Star. The nether star is used to create a Beacon that acts as a way to give an effect to a player in a certain radius. Read that again. gives an effect to a player in a certain radius. If this power was in the hands of something much more malicious and had much greater power over it, it could effect creatures in the radius and possibly control them.

The Nether Star acts as the source of the Withers power. But some Minecraft players may respond with 'But it needs fuel to actually give off an effect' and they are absolutely right. In game, the player needs to use precious materials to make it work but what if it could take in a much more powerful fuel which gave it the power to effect things on a interdimensional scale? What if it used the very life force that it drained from creatures? It gives it a reason on why it's so agitated towards everything living around it, as it will attack animals (and I believe hostile mobs) during the fight with it if you move too far and it loses interest.

Now, this all may sound fine and dandy and may make a lot of sense but one thing some keen readers may have noticed is when I said 'the wildlife being infected'. This is when things get interesting and explains why Pigs become zombie pigmen straight after being struck. Every single animal is infected (to some degree) but the infection only works on things with higher brain functionality; e.i, humans and villagers. The pig is already infected and as soon as it becomes a pigman, the wither infection kicks in and turns it straight into a zombie.

This leaves the villagers. Matpat suggests the idea that Villagers are a different species from the player. And to that, I kind of agree. They are not a different species, in fact, a more evolved human from the original humans. Not every human escaped to the End and some may have stayed on the overworld and survived. Over time, they evolved to survive the infection by have lower brain functionality in an attempt to combat the infection and developed bigger noses so they could smell withering flesh and bones from a distance. It's why they can detect zombies from some distance without being in direct view. However, they are not completely immune and will turn into a zombie after a large intake of wither (such as from a zombie). It's why they can survive with animals as there's not enough wither within them to turn them.

I do want to say that I do not agree with Matpat saying that villagers are unable to build. If they can't build, who built the villages they live in? I want to say that it just requires a lot of effort and help from other villagers to build and is quite rare for them to actually build.

This concludes my theory but I wish to leave a few extra things that enforces this theory but has a few things to pick at.

Chiselled Red Sandstone has the image of a Wither on it. As far as I know, these blocks do not spawn naturally in game but if they did, it will support the idea that the Wither existed in the past.

Becoming a Wither Skeleton is the final stage of being withered. It starts off as Zombie > Skeleton > Wither Skeleton. After that, they basically dust away similar to "the snap" and turn into soulsand. I do not have much of an explanation of why they become half a block taller. Perhaps the bones begin to bloat due to being under so much influence?

Illagers may be villagers but under some sort of wither effect but not enough to fully turn. It does say in their name they're 'Ill'. It does make some sense as they do not attack or get attacked by mobs, but their massive mansions leads me to believe there's some other form of evil instead, such as the Evokers magic.

This theory does make a lot of sense in my eyes and I may have missed a few things as I thought about all of this while lying in bed trying to sleep but the excitement of wanting to write this thing in the morning made it difficult to sleep, haha.

Thanks for reading, and if you can't be bothered to read this wall of text, here's my theory cut short:

The Wither effect acts as a way for the Wither to control creatures with higher brain functionality.

Your welcome.

• Like 1

That also may explain why there is a painting representing how to build a wither.

I do not fully agree with everything you said. I think the lightning striking a pig and turning it into a pigman needs more explanation.

Also your theory suggests that humans were being turned into zombies. This suggests a slow process. But why is it that for villagers the process of transformation is faster? Well this can be answered if we consider that (according to your theory) they take huge amounts of wither. Now something that might be hard to explain is how skeletons turn into wither skeletons. Is it a fast transformation like the villagers into zombie villagers or is it a slow transformation? I would suggest fast transformation since if it was a slow transformation we would see skeletons with different stages of transformation between the original skeleton and the wither skeleton in the nether.

If your theory is correct (the wither effecting mobs), then theres quite the evidence suggesting that it also affects mobs with little to no brain. This can be seen on skeletons turning into wither skeletons (if this transformation is even possible)

And now I will prove your theory is wrong.

One day Notch, the supreme mob of them all, decided to turn most mobs into corrupted versions because it was funnier. Thats it really. Jk lol

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

Yes.

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.

Make this post a meme.

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.

• 2 years later...