How to start Scripting

centralwtf

Hi everyone!

I wonder how did You guys learn to Script in Minecraft. 
Maybe it was an Youtube Tut, or You learned it Yourself. Im curious becouse I really want to get better at scripting, and I am looking for some cool guide/tutorial.

Thanks a lot ❤️ 

EDIT: I posted it in wrong section sorry admin :((( 

Edited by centralwtf
:C
Hello!
IGN✦ centralwtf
Gender★ he/him
==========================================

Owner★ Boxable, NetherBox, FishHype

Joined★ 22.07.2019

Member -> VIP ★ 29.04.2020

obraz_2021-04-08_103028.png.8fa96840c599c6ff81febf732163163f.png

There are some good tutorials on minehut.xyz. I personally learned skript by looking at other people's skripts and playing around with it. There is also a ton of skripts and resources on SpigotMC. You can also look at the docs on SkriptHub.

Edited by SuperOrca
  • Like 1

like.gif.653e1b24da93a6ca10eaf5b04e7f0242.gif

Likes are appreciated ❤️

Username: SuperOrca

Discord: Link to Profile

Joined Minehut: August 10, 2017

Joined Forums: June 10, 2019

Experienced in Python, Java (mainly spigot), Javascript (node.js, basics of react.js), and Web Development. DM on discord me if you want a custom discord bot for your server (i'm bored).

Yeah as @SuperOrcasaid it's best to fidgit with skript alone in your freetime. think of commands in essentials since everything you do in essentials you can do in skript so it's a good thing to keep in mind.

Learnig how to read syntax on the docs is also good to help skripthub.net/docs/ has most of the stuff in addons and skript. If you want to look further into skript alone tho I'd suggest using skriptlang.github.io/Skript/ as all it's docs are upto date and helps more at least for me since I've noticed skripthub.net/docs/ hasn't had all of skript 2.5 stuff

then you have what he said about looking at other people's code that is also something that can help anyone even if you aren't new to skript as it shows you more ways to do stuff you've done on repeat forever

so in short most of what @SuperOrcasaid is correct and will help most

Edited by Fusezion

I'm a guy yes but I am also human just like any female so why do you believe it's so wrong to cry too?

I learned watching youtube tuts and actually reading the documentations. My favorite documentation is Skript Hub, their design is slick and you have examples on how to use different events/actions/functions. If you need any skript help just dm me on discord Azuyamat#0001. I like just trying skripts to learn.

• Like 1

-----------------------------------------------------------

[MOD] - Azuyamat

----------------------------------------------------------

[VIP]

[PRO]

[EVENTS]

[TESTER]

[MOD] - March 18th 2023

----------------------------------------------------------

If you are as kind of a person to leave me a like on a comment or post then you are my friend!

Same here I'm always down to help people with skript Austin (Fusezion)#2579

Edited by Fusezion
bold

I'm a guy yes but I am also human just like any female so why do you believe it's so wrong to cry too?

I once owned a server named Westmine on Minehut. We had one dev who did all the skripting. We relied on him, and he resigned, pretty much permanently. It was then that I was left on my own to either 1: Learn Skript or 2: Let the server die.

I don't give up easily, so I learned, I already knew a little bit just from looking at my devs code and tweaking with it. So, I forced myself to learn basically. We need an update. We need this added. Spend hours trying to find out how, use docs, ask my former dev, ask other people, post in the Minehut skript channel. Whatever I could.

Nearly 2 years later, I'm a master at it. Nothing is impossible. I've come a long ways.

• Like 1

rose city STICKER

RosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaR

i code, animate, develop, UI design, learn, and adapt, as well as make servers, of course

💐Joined Minehut sometime in 2014
💐VIP sometime in 2018
💐Legend in January 2021
💐Helper on 4/11/2021
💐♥ (Retired) on 5/17/2021
💐 Moderator on 8/18/2023

Totally agree with what rosa said

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

26 minutes ago, Hykx said:

its literally just english sentences you are better off learning yourself and using google rather than youtube videos which usually dont teach u anything but to copy

youtube videos aren't bad but most are outdated now and don't show any propper optimization
so using sites like minehut.xyz and skript docs isn't bad but also asking for help isn't bad too

I honestly just learned it by making a server that required a lot of skript. Every time I needed something made, I would plan it out and then see what I would need from the plugin. This lead me to learn about a multitude of different aspects. Although I’m still an awful developer, I’ve been able to teach myself some.

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.

On 4/9/2021 at 4:03 AM, centralwtf said:

Hi everyone!

I wonder how did You guys learn to Script in Minecraft. 
Maybe it was an Youtube Tut, or You learned it Yourself. Im curious becouse I really want to get better at scripting, and I am looking for some cool guide/tutorial.

Thanks a lot ❤️ 

EDIT: I posted it in wrong section sorry admin :((( 

I learned how to use skript by looking through other skripts. Its kinda like typing in english... ish. I learned from other skripts. thats all...

image.png.bc433d6489d70ad831075fe76809b993.png

Lifestealed | Minecraft Servers

OG [VIP] 12/26/20 - 10/27/2021
OG [PRO] 12/27/21 - 11/18/2022
OG [LEGEND] 11/18/2022 - 3/14/2023
[DEFAULT] 3/14/2023 - Present