An Update on Recent Service Issues

Trent

3 hours ago, Tdawg said:

You said on the discord on 10/20/20 that you did this same thing:
We can more easily retry failed uploads and better detect when a server is ready to be put into hibernation. We also now give the servers as much time as they need to save. Previously, servers were limited to 10 minutes for the entire save process to complete. Now, if you have a large server that takes a while to upload and compress, your server container will stay active until that process completes, even if it takes an hour or more. https://discordapp.com/channels/239599059415859200/240269653358805003/767974713141493761

What happened to that?

That's actually a really good question. The post you linked was more about optimizing the way that servers compress, as well as adding more fail safes on the side of attempting to save before the container shuts down. What used to happen before the post you linked, was that container could start compressing the server but get timed out while it was saving if the server was too big. It would also retry saving to storage, but not indefinitely. The new changes we made yesterday closes the loop a lot better on making sure a server won't shut down until our storage server reports that it saved the server successfully.

1 hour ago, Mischa said:

Hi,

This week I noticed that our survival server had lost some big progress in a specific big chunk where we built our structures and where we were mostly active. The terrain is completely reset to its original natural landscape from before we started building, while outside the chunk of lost progress there still exist remainders of the lost structures (these parts were completed later than the core structures), which are literally cut off from the the original chunk with the builds as seen on the screenshot added down below. The fences still look like they're attached to the other fences of the missing chunk. This seems weird as it doesn't seem like a matter of overall issues with the server safe file (I'd expect that the later builds would also not exist in that case), but rather a matter of issues with the chunks. Now I'd like to know if this was caused by the problem described up top? If so, could it somehow be fixed? I'd hate to see the progress being lost like that. If it definitly can't be fixed, then I too would like to know so. Then I know I can move on and start over elsewhere with what was left without wondering whether what was lost can be recovered. 

I hope the issue can be fixed. Thanks in advance. 2021-02-12.thumb.png.5bd3a731fcb3703f5e2c3a5599dea9bf.png

Hey sorry to hear that. Our support team can help out if you write in at https://minehut.com/support/form

We appreciate the update, Trent. Thank you for all you do ❤️ 

• Like 1

𝚄𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍

𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: @𝕌𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕#𝟘𝟘𝟘𝟙

News & Updates  Rules • Helper Application

Reports • Appeals

𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚏𝚏 𝚘𝚗 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚑𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟹𝟶𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶

Hey Trent, my survival world was completely corrupted and destroyed. I think it had something to do with the recent activity with the servers acting up. Is there anyway you can fix that?

4 hours ago, Guest SHRPRA said:

Hey Trent, my survival world was completely corrupted and destroyed. I think it had something to do with the recent activity with the servers acting up. Is there anyway you can fix that?

I'm super sorry to hear about that, definitely create a support ticket at https://www.minehut.com/support/form and they'll help you from there 🙂

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png

Thanks for the update Trent!

-----------------------------------------------------------

[MOD] - Azuyamat

----------------------------------------------------------

[VIP]

[PRO]

[EVENTS]

[TESTER]

[MOD] - March 18th 2023

----------------------------------------------------------

If you are as kind of a person to leave me a like on a comment or post then you are my friend!

Will you guys take the winter storm we're having right now in the US into account? because millions of us have been without power (and water sometimes) for a few days and it's prevented us from voting caused connection issues 

Edited by DereC4

I'm just a random forum member who tries to make things better for everyone, staff and player alike. 

I saw a really cool forum (and awesome Minehut community member) do this so here we go haha:

Don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

UPDATE: 

A couple of us have received power back in the south but many homes were flooded/collapsed as a result of pipe bursting 

I'm just a random forum member who tries to make things better for everyone, staff and player alike. 

I saw a really cool forum (and awesome Minehut community member) do this so here we go haha:

Don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.