My Thoughts About the New Update

Cheezburgurz

I think that, while I understand that Minehut is growing and they need revenue from somewhere, I think the 12 plugin limit is far too harsh. I would like to offer my suggestions to a modification to the 12 plugin limit on free servers.

• Some plugins, such as Skript addons, ProtocolLib, Vault, and maybe some other's that are basically mandatory.
    • Alternatively, a system where all Skript addons along with Skript count as only 1 plugin, as Skript is just about useless without addons.
  • Datapacks should be easier to use so people can replace some of the plugins can have their functionalities that are now missing replaced with datapacks
  • Ranks should have a reason to exist. Right now, they're a waste of credits and all they do is give you lobby particles. I think that if you're running a free server with, for example a linked account with a VIP rank, then the limit should be raised to sixteen plugins or something like that on all servers on that account.

I think my ideas are pretty fair. This update came as a suprise to me, and I assume many others. I really think that Skript addons shouldn't count as their own plugins, since even for my private SMP server, after removing all the non strictly necessary plugins, I still have about twenty plugins, at least eight of which are Skript or Skript addons.

I understand Minehut needs money from somewhere, but if you're advertising yourself as a free platform to host servers, and those servers run on PaperSpigot, I think you should at least give us more than twelve plugins.

These are just my thoughts. They're probably not perfect, but I think they're more fair than the current system and they actually make it possible for people to host servers for free.

• Like 4

im probably a human

In my opinion, this is an amazing update. Having a limited amount of plugins will reduce lag on servers and to create a server all you really need is Essentials, Skript, Some Skript Addons, and maybe a Skyblock or Prison Plugin. In addition please continue to provide your opinions on this new update. 

RichieNy

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Retired Minehut Moderator

2 minutes ago, RichieNy said:

In my opinion, this is an amazing update. Having a limited amount of plugins will reduce lag on servers and to create a server all you really need is Essentials, Skript, Some Skript Addons, and maybe a Skyblock or Prison Plugin. In addition please continue to provide your opinions on this new update. 

Agreed. Also server plans are more for serious server owners who profit from store sales, and I can't wait to see what people do with the new plans 😁

• Like 2

721034654735532112.gif.966bd6f1cb909ca87f1548614acb4131.gif

984d8967114f41b9e72bfd5c454fbd5d.png

achievement.png

1 hour ago, RichieNy said:

your biased

18 minutes ago, ShivP0703 said:

your biased

I actually agree with his opinion, and even if you need more plugin slots, just vote

Santio71 -> Developer

Development Lead for Minehut Events Team

First Joined: Jan. 24, 2016

[VIP]~2019

Joined CET: July 22, 2019 (About 1.75 years ago) 

[PRO]: May 6, 2020

Rejoined CET: June 15, 2020

Moderator: December 19, 2022

himods_1_464x213.pngok3.png.9f407538426375980dbfd1a70bd93a74.pngok2.png.2d1e6960fee974293bc3aaebeb41d5db.png

Server hosting costs money.

1.8 million servers running, that's a lot of money. While this may not have been the best way for everyone, they had to do something to get money. Global pandemics make advertisers stop advertising, or put less money into advertising, and more people indoors. Less money being generated to keep servers up, less servers. More people indoors, more people going onto computers, more online players, more server costs.

edit:

it also lowers lag which everyone was complaining about a month or two ago so

Edited by Diamistic

aeiou