Minehut Forums are dying??

brobie1kanobi

I for one like the thought of having as many avenues to go down here for getting information and making suggestions. But I personally think:

Minehut forums are dying!

It seems too quiet and less chatter in here (unless you are following a "count til staff answers" thread or something).

But we as a community are the ones who need to help them add the features we want to see on here. SO here's a few questions to ponder...

What would make you come back here to see what's posted?

What would you add to bring more people to the forums again and why?

ALSO

Before you judge and say "why isn't this in the suggestions?", this is not meant to be a "suggestion" as much as a poll (or general discussion) to find out what the community is looking for/missing. Please suggest something in the comments that you think would help bolster the forums again, if you have an idea. 

Edited by brobie1kanobi

Trying to be MH's back up support. 😁

Join my server anytime: 

Spoiler

/join mgwgames or play.megagameworld.com

image.gif.0e020df49d00ae7f1fa263ce320da298.gif

The forums are not dying. Just because there aren’t as many off topic posts doesn’t mean that they’re dead. More people are just requesting support and giving support with issues is one of the main purposes of the forums.

• Like 1

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.

35 minutes ago, Jackson85 said:

The forums are not dying. Just because there aren’t as many off topic posts doesn’t mean that they’re dead. More people are just requesting support and giving support with issues is one of the main purposes of the forums.

I don't mean to offend. It just seems like most communication or in general convo's are going on more in Discord than here. Sometimes it's hours or days before I see responses on topics here. This was merely meant to get an idea/feel for what the public thinks on how to "spice it up" a bit.

Join my server anytime: 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, brobie1kanobi said:

I don't mean to offend. It just seems like most communication or in general convo's are going on more in Discord than here. Sometimes it's hours or days before I see responses on topics here. This was merely meant to get an idea/feel for what the public thinks on how to "spice it up" a bit.

It’s all good. I feel you. 

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

In my opinion 95% of the off topic posts are plain useless. Not that they need to be removed, because it is off-topic - You can post about almost everything as long as you don't break the rules.

The thing is off-topic is filled with soo many little games, pointless threads and staff related threads. It almost feels like people are forcing themselves to do threads there.

General is just Community Support 2.

There are no interesting threads to look at.

I've been muted on discord for like 3 months for typing too fast (no joke, thats literally what happened lol, the bot thought I was spamming) and since then I haven't been talking on discord.

The forums are essentially the only thing that keep me connected to minehut.

To enter the forums and see this many useless looking posts...

Back in my day the forums were more active, there was drama and people had good reasons to post their content. And it was way better than it is today (in my opinion), even with all the drama it had back then.

Maybe I am just growing older to these things. Who knows. I had 15 years when I joined minehut. Now I am 19 years old.

Its ok if you guys think the forum absolutely rocks the way it is now. But for me, this is the most boring of all forums I've ever seen on minehut.

• Like 1

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

7 hours ago, Gaminger said:

In my opinion 95% of the off topic posts are plain useless. Not that they need to be removed, because it is off-topic - You can post about almost everything as long as you don't break the rules.

The thing is off-topic is filled with soo many little games, pointless threads and staff related threads. It almost feels like people are forcing themselves to do threads there.

General is just Community Support 2.

There are no interesting threads to look at.

I've been muted on discord for like 3 months for typing too fast (no joke, thats literally what happened lol, the bot thought I was spamming) and since then I haven't been talking on discord.

The forums are essentially the only thing that keep me connected to minehut.

To enter the forums and see this many useless looking posts...

Back in my day the forums were more active, there was drama and people had good reasons to post their content. And it was way better than it is today (in my opinion), even with all the drama it had back then.

Maybe I am just growing older to these things. Who knows. I had 15 years when I joined minehut. Now I am 19 years old.

Its ok if you guys think the forum absolutely rocks the way it is now. But for me, this is the most boring of all forums I've ever seen on minehut.

Nah, I fully agree with you. There is nothing going on here, it's usually just Discord drama, which is swiftly suppressed. Honestly, it would be nice to see some more stuff going on on the forums.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SLG Molly said:

We are still alive and thriving! 

tenor (1).gif

That's a happy fluffer.

• Haha 1

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

44 minutes ago, SLG Molly said:

tenor (1).gif

Is there a dog picture that you DON'T have? 😂

• Haha 1

JR.MOD  August 1st, 2019              Reports & Appeals Team Lead  ↩              MOD  October 1st, 2019

↪  SR.MOD  August 11th, 2020

16 hours ago, SLG Molly said:

That's great to hear Molly, now to figure out how to make the forums thrive more! Ya know, stand out. Like for example, credit rewards for being the first VALID reporting of outdated plugins. Or maybe a credit (mention) on the site for suggesting plugins MH ends up using. 🤔🤷😋

"MC plugin name stuffs here: Description of blah blah. Author: Coolest guy | Suggestor: Slightly less but still coo kid"

Join my server anytime: 

Spoiler