Minehut isn't what it used to be

Reassembly

In alot shorter of a time period I have found that minehut went from being the gold standard to being terrible in my friend group. We would want to try and move our servers onto minehut and off our personal computers. Now with all the problems and lag people want to not play on servers and just leave.

Overall I just want minehut to be as close to hosting a server on your own computer as possible

@ReassemblyI just want to add something that I also feel needs to be mentioned.

Chapter Five: The online content

As a player who only started Minehut 7 months ago, I don't know how good Minehut was before I joined. But while I feel that the server list in the main Minehut lobby is good, most if not all of the top servers are Gen/Box/Dupe servers. There are a few SMPs here and there, and occasionally a minigame one, but sadly I think that the community is stuck playing the same type of server over and over. Anyone else with a different idea for their server cannot get a strong player base due to the server list being filled with these Gen/Box/Dupe servers, and advertisers for these servers flooding the main lobby chat.

• Like 1

Main MC account: Gam3rBoi (VIP in MH)

Alt MC account: *Gam3rBoi2147

Farcade server owner

Skripter with 6+ months experience + time learning coding concepts

Message me through the forums if you need anything!

Most of this has caused me to quit Minehut and it's community. Minehut once was a cosy warm chill place to be where everyone made their servers and the ads system was nothing more then a "Hey! come check out what i've been working on." now it's whoever has the most accounts wins.

Could not agree more with what's been said in the post.

Simply
Lemon Games

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 3:16 PM, Gam3rBoi said:

As a player who only started Minehut 7 months ago, I don't know how good Minehut was before I joined. But while I feel that the server list in the main Minehut lobby is good, most if not all of the top servers are Gen/Box/Dupe servers. There are a few SMPs here and there, and occasionally a minigame one, but sadly I think that the community is stuck playing the same type of server over and over. Anyone else with a different idea for their server cannot get a strong player base due to the server list being filled with these Gen/Box/Dupe servers, and advertisers for these servers flooding the main lobby chat.

I completely agree with this, since there are a lot of of the gen, box, and dupe servers, the other types are a bit harder to come by, especially rpg servers, there aren't very many rpg servers, which is my personal favorite type, but even then, out of the ones that do exist, a lot of them aren't very good, or are always offline. Due to this, I have decided to start working on my own rpg server within minehut. Hopefully, I will be able to make a server with a consistently active player base. I also hope someone enjoyed my (short) rant on the lack of rpg servers lol.

Edited by YeetNation

I would also like to add to this topic that Minehut transformed from a small, fun place to hang out with friends, meet cool people, and experience cool and often unique creations to a large, heavily-censored, and corporate dungeon where server owners are primarily concerned with profits because where money can be made, it will be made at the expense of quality, originality, and freedom. I never intended to make money here and never did. I bought a rank for the lobby fly ability but also for the advertising benefits because I wanted to share my creations with more people more effectively. 

I used to enjoy hanging out in the lobby but a combination of ludicrous chat censorship, ad spam, and botters in general have made the pursuit of joy in the Minehut lobby nearly impossible. 

TL:DR

I miss the old Minehut. It used to be really fun, now it’s more fun than doing nothing but doesn’t give me the same joy it used to. 

Owner of oldgaffle.minehut.gg. (my paintball server)

Owner of karted.minehut.gg. (my mario kart server)

Advocate of individual freedom, especially freedom of speech.

Cooler than Stalemate128.

1 hour ago, SomeGuy69 said:

2022-01-24_22_16_51.thumb.png.9faa95bd257b217e15be6b81d662b2a1.pnga common sight

I literally just said I didn't like minehut.

happens all the time 

best just to not talk if you dont want to get muted lol

Yeah its dumb, i know. Once got falsebanned cuz i said smth similar to a bot or something, luckily it got reverted

I used to play Minehut I guess?
Yeah, I still watch the forums for some reason. (15/5/2023)

8 hours ago, SomeGuy69 said:

2022-01-24_22_16_51.thumb.png.9faa95bd257b217e15be6b81d662b2a1.pnga common sight

I literally just said I didn't like minehut.

happens all the time 

best just to not talk if you dont want to get muted lol

This is sort of what I was referring to when I said “heavily-censored” and “authoritarian”. 

Owner of oldgaffle.minehut.gg. (my paintball server)

Owner of karted.minehut.gg. (my mario kart server)

Advocate of individual freedom, especially freedom of speech.

Cooler than Stalemate128.

I'm kinda sad about the fact that minehut servers are nothing but copy pasted versions of other servers. I rarely see servers that are unique. But most of these unique servers unfortunately shut down because their owners couldn't keep the server up. 
Minehut should be a place where people implement their cool ideas into a place while others can explore it. Not some place where others want to make money and literally copy the ideas and concepts of other servers.

2021-06-09_20_22_08.jpg.422c39613f8b72de894e5ec1f3377dca.jpg

Yo who actually reads these

[Vip] - 12/29/2020
[Pro] - 1/25/2022

I've recently taken a bit of a break from Minehut but am now returning. I love all the new and exciting updates but a few things that I'm mainly concerned about are:

I don't like the amount of people complaining about the moderation team. I mean it doesn't give the moderation team a good look and shows me that maybe there not doing the best job they can.

Another thing is the amount of servers growing and on the server browser. You probably need like a minimum of 20ppl on your server to atleast be on the first page. Before this was a lot lower. It is a good thing but whats concerning is the fact that there all box or gen servers mostly anyway. I don't think this would be much of a problem when I think about it again because I would assume a quality server would easily accumulate players overtime and would just filter out the quality servers over the not so good servers.

I also think they could do better with the panel and the plugins page. I'm personally not a fan of the new page where it restarts your server and gives you a detailed description of the plugin. I personally like the previous way where it was as simple as one click and your plugin would install with a brief description of the plugin. Where there would be a list of all the plugins in a small column where you could see like 20 plugins at once instead of one or two and having to scroll through with the new panel.

Either way the community with Minehut is excellent and is generally great I may not like where Minehut is going but super league have to earn money in some way maybe this isn't right way through the ad and ranking system but it seems to be working for now but maybe not for long.

A suggestion could be to add a setting where players can ignore ad messages but maybe that's not the right solution here.

Edited by jakepronger

On 1/26/2022 at 2:33 PM, jakepronger said:

I don't like the amount of people complaining about the moderation team. I mean it doesn't give the moderation team a good look and shows me that maybe there not doing the best job they can.

Realise how much false mutes/bans/warns etc. people get from them

I used to play Minehut I guess?
Yeah, I still watch the forums for some reason. (15/5/2023)

• 1 year later...
On 1/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, YeetNation said:

I completely agree with this, since there are a lot of of the gen, box, and dupe servers, the other types are a bit harder to come by, especially rpg servers, there aren't very many rpg servers, which is my personal favorite type, but even then, out of the ones that do exist, a lot of them aren't very good, or are always offline. Due to this, I have decided to start working on my own rpg server within minehut. Hopefully, I will be able to make a server with a consistently active player base. I also hope someone enjoyed my (short) rant on the lack of rpg servers lol.

I used to play minehut several years ago and loved playing rpgs. If youre still working on it im a solid builder and id be down to help you work on your server.

On 1/11/2022 at 5:16 PM, Wyndexx said:

I started around 7 years ago and just tried minehut again recently, it was seriously sad to see the state of the server. I remember the community the server had, and all the unique, fun servers that seemed endless. Now i literally can not find one original server. I remember playing a clash of clans server, endless fun rpgs, a server that was basically a rust remake etc. And i never found myself bored. Safe to say i probably wont be touching this server again

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 1:52 PM, Reassembly said:

The rich get richer, the poor get poorer

The servers that get a lot of money can buy more ranks and buy more patron accounts, but this creates a disadvantage to servers that dont sell mega p2w stuff and cannot afford as many ranks. The ad system was good until the sales, now ad sellers and botters run rampant.

Bro this is word for word why I hate minehut.

Edited by las328

(chat update) Well, I'm on team #RevertTheUpdate, but if you want to vote, please vote on my post here: