How to set up the MCJukebox Plugin.

bobyjoey12

M I N E H U T  C O M M U N I T Y  F A Q

HOW TO SET UP THE MCJUKEBOX PLUGIN

REQUIREMENTS: MCJukebox, WorldEdit (Optional) and WorldGuard (Optional)
DIFFICULTY: MEDIUM

Introduction to the MCJukebox Plugin:

MCJukebox is a web-API-based plugin that allows you to play custom music or audio effects to increase the level of immersion with players without the use of a resource pack or any of those pesky downloads. You can invite individual users, or you can make a whole show to listen in with other users! With the use of the WorldEdit and WorldGuard plugins, you can create specific regions to play specific audio effects to increase the hype or create a dramatic mood.

Setup:
First, make sure you have the plugin set up via these steps:

1. Go to the MCJukebox website here and create an account (Be sure to check your email to verify the account!).

2. Log in to the MCJukebox website and scroll to the “Plugin Configuration” section and copy the API key supplied by clicking the “Copy Key” button.

3. Join your server that you would like to use the plugin on, and use the command /jukebox setkey <API Key>.

Unlike most plugins, MCJukebox does not have a traditional config file. The config for the plugin is instead located on the MCJukebox website.

Creating Links to Audio Files:
You will next need to create specific links to the audio files that you would like to play. If you already have direct links to audio files that you would like to use skip to the next section. Here I will be discussing the use of Jukehost, a service that allows you to convert audio files to web-links, however, there are plenty of other options available. Please note that links from Youtube, Soundcloud, Spotify, etc. will not work. They need to be direct web-links to an audio file (ex. ending in .mp3, .ogg, .flac).

1. Create a Juke host account here, verify your email then login.

2. Next, go to the library tab and select upload or click here.

3. Now simply upload all of the music you want, then reload the page!

4. To copy the link for usage, just hit the copy button located beside the edit button on the song you would like.

Basic Operation:
At this point, you’ve pretty much finished the basic setup of the plugin, now you may be wondering, “How do I use this plugin?”.

1. Firstly, you must get players who would like to participate in the music/audio cues to join the audio server using the command /jukebox. All users should have this command by default and should not require any permissions to be added.

2. You then have one of two options, you can set music for one specific user, or you can create what is called a show in which multiple users can listen to the same audio! To add players to a show, simply type /jukebox show add <user> <@(show)>, where (show) can be any name.

3. To start the music or sound for everyone, simply use one of these two commands, for music; /jukebox music <username/@(show)> <music link>  or for sound use /jukebox sound <username/@(show)> <sound link>.

4. To stop all audio, you can use /jukebox stop <user/@(show)> to stop a specific show or user’s music. To stop either music or everything for a specific show, you can use /jukebox stop <music/all> <user/@(show)>.

Advanced Operation:
Now that you know how to use the basics of the plugin, you now will be able to set specific regions to play audio for certain users or shows to surprise users or to hype up the mood! Keep in mind, this is entirely optional, as well, other protection plugins such as RedProtect cannot be used for this feature.

1. First of all, make sure that you have both the WorldEdit and WorldGuard plugins installed on your server. And create a region as you would normally by right clicking two opposing corners of a cube then typing /region define <id>.

2. You will then want to perform the command /jukebox region add <id> <URL/@(show)>. If you simply use a URL, it will play that audio for a connected user that is in that region. If you set the region to use a show, it will play whatever audio that is playing in the show you defined. Now whenever a user that is connected to the audio server enters the region, they will have the associated audio playing!

3. If you want to stop the music from playing in that region, you can simply stop the show if you use a show, or you can just perform the command /jukebox region remove <id> to remove any audio associated with that region.

Permission Nodes:
Here is a simple list of permission nodes, as it is not thorough on the plugin page.

jukebox.music / jukebox.sound - Allows for a user to switch audio for a user or a group.
jukebox.show / jukebox.show.add - Allows a user to add a Show.
jukebox.stop - Allows a user to stop audio as discussed under Basic Operation
jukebox.region / jukebox.region.add / jukebox.region.remove - Allows a user to add or remove regions respectively.

Note that worldedit and worldguard permissions are needed to define regions.

Require further assistance?:

If you need more help on this topic, head over to this section of forums, or join our Discord!

📎 MCJukebox Spigot Page
📎 Tutorial on Alternate MP3 Link Conversions

Compiled by the Minehut Staff Team

• Like 2

If you need help or need to talk about something, feel free to message me here on the forums or on discord (bobyjoey12#8984), I'm always more than happy to help if I'm not too busy. 🙂

Helper: March 8 2021 - May 17 2021 R.I.P. Volunteers

Excellent plugin, and a great CFAQ. Very happy with how this turned out! I really look forward to seeing more CFAQs published by you in the future. 

𝚄𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍

𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: @𝕌𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕#𝟘𝟘𝟘𝟙

News & Updates  Rules • Helper Application

Reports • Appeals

𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚏𝚏 𝚘𝚗 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚑𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟹𝟶𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶

Very cool CFAQ you made here. Looks very detailed. 

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guide. Glad to see an official step by step walkthrough of the plugin.

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.

This is cool!

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.