The 1GB problem

jayden_bot

I'm having a problem with Minehut.]

My server has almost 40 plugins. And that's deadly for a server with 1GB of ram. When it was 2GB everything was fine and dandy. But since the adjustment it's been unplayable. Lag, tps drops, players getting kicked. 100s of lines of errors in the console when someone gets kicked.

The real problem is Trent, and how he thinks he's so cool. I'll tell you, he is not. All he does is sit in lobby 1 and punish people who say "doos", permanently, for "ddos threats".

Kind of sad that SLG took over Minehut.

The Perkulator is the best Skript script I've ever scripted.

image.png.384d438ecabe824079ff0f4ee2158f29.png

I understand where you are going with this topic and I understand your concern. For your first problem having around 40 plugins for a server seems like a lot to me. I would recommend removing some of them to reduce your lag and tps issues. Also, people might be getting kicked because they are not using 1.14.3. For your second issue about Trent is over the years there have been a lot of attacks on SLG's servers and Trent is trying to make sure that an issue like that doesn't happen again. Before the other attack brought Minehut down for around 2 weeks with most server data being lost and a lot of passwords being leaked. So like I said before Trent doesn't want that to happen again. 

RichieNy

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Retired Minehut Moderator

29 minutes ago, RichieNy said:

I understand where you are going with this topic and I understand your concern. For your first problem having around 40 plugins for a server seems like a lot to me. I would recommend removing some of them to reduce your lag and tps issues. Also, people might be getting kicked because they are not using 1.14.3. For your second issue about Trent is over the years there have been a lot of attacks on SLG's servers and Trent is trying to make sure that an issue like that doesn't happen again. Before the other attack brought Minehut down for around 2 weeks with most server data being lost and a lot of passwords being leaked. So like I said before Trent doesn't want that to happen again. 

I do agree but why can't it be 1.25 or 1.5GB?

The Perkulator is the best Skript script I've ever scripted.

image.png.384d438ecabe824079ff0f4ee2158f29.png

They most likely aren't going to do this, as they've said. It costs a lot of money for everyone to even get a server, let alone a 2GB server for free. They are already giving free plugins, you just have to manage them correctly.

Owner of Blixate Networks

Manger of: BluRP, Site23, and TheStreets

9 hours ago, turbot said:

I do agree but why can't it be 1.25 or 1.5GB?

i would vote for a +1 for that

Start your Minecraft server today for as low as £0.50/weekly for up to 4 GB of RAM! (£3.50 Monthly) and be equipped for all situations with our high-performance gear keeping your servers running 24/7

Why choose Us?
• Guaranteed 99.9% Uptime
• NVMe RAID Fast Storage
• 24/7 Hosting
• Instant Setup
• 50% Discount. Use Code: 50OFF (Ends on November 11th)

We want to ensure our customers are happy with the service they received and support. We aim to provide low-costs those who cant afford a minecraft server. No extra costs, no setup fees! One-time payment and you are good to go with our instant setup feature we introduced to ensure your server is ready to go!

Planning to make a community or a project you want to work on? We got you covered! Our servers are optimized for performance and security, so you can have peace of mind and focus on your project. Our servers are also reliable and packed with features, so you can start playing right away.

We guarantee 99% uptime and 24/7 customer support, so you can always ask for help if you need it.

Links:
https://forums.valknet.org
https://billing.valknet.org
Invite: https://discord.gg/FqSRt4ZCAC

Taking a second look at this i can see where you are coming from about 1 GB of ram not being enough for a 10 player server with 40 plugins but i must argue why do you need 40 plugins? I have a server currently which is private and for testing and has 1 GB of ram and 10 player slots, I have around 12 plugins and that's all i need to make a fully functional server. With my setup i'm able to have 10 players constantly on doing stuff while having no lag at all, I'm always above 19tps and i always have around 300-400mb of ram free.

Hope this helped out. If you have questions feel free to pm me.

- SurielZek (Member of Minehut)

Edited by SurielZek

Signature.png.7ad530fa29d56c1e03ef3fbdc78c868d.png

Just thinking about it. More players are returning to Minecraft and most likely going to find Minehut soon. SLG servers need to run a lot of player servers so they can fit everything. 

RichieNy

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Retired Minehut Moderator