"skript"

MrScopes

Why do people use "skript" as a verb? Why do they use "skripter" as an adjective, or if it was like an ocupation or something. Why do people call scripts "skripts"? They are advertised everywhere as scripts.

Discord: MrScopes#5548

People who are often not as familiar with the terms used during development often make don't understand the differences between different development types of software development (those being scripts, interpretative languages, and compile-able languages) and as a result they don't use the proper terminology. It would not be completely wrong for a person with minimal to no coding experience to think that the file (script) in which they are editing can be defined as the language or architecture in which it is built upon. For example, one could say "Send the java script that you are working on" and it would be technically correct due to the fact that the person is requesting code written in java script. As for why people refer to people who are familiar/fluent with Skript as "skripters" may very well be similar to the reasons stated above, including the fact that in the English language often the name of an occupation and be reasonably figured out by adding "er" to the work that is being done, ex. Plumber (a person who works with plumbing), or Electrician (someone who works with electricity and electrical appliances.) There ignorance may not be without merit, this doesn't make them correct however, but it is in a sense understandable.

Edited by Pexien
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Pexien said:

People who are often not as familiar with the terms used during development often make don't understand the differences between different development types of software development (those being scripts, interpretative languages, and compile-able languages) and as a result they don't use the proper terminology. It would not be completely wrong for a person with minimal to no coding experience to think that the file (script) in which they are editing can be defined as the language or architecture in which it is built upon. For example, one could say "Send the java script that you are working on" and it would be technically correct due to the fact that the person is requesting code written in java script. As for why people refer to people who are familiar/fluent with Skript as "skripters" may very well be similar to the reasons stated above, including the fact that in the English language often the name of an occupation and be reasonably figured out by adding "er" to the work that is being done, ex. Plumber (a person who works with plumbing), or Electrician (someone who works with electricity and electrical appliances.) There ignorance may not be without merit, this doesn't make them correct however, but it is in a sense understandable.

Woah

Whoops, this account shouldn't exist.

image.png.9524313694d8f7ee75713bb8f3438df5.png

It aint Skripter now, It's scriptwriter from now on.

• Haha 1

Things to know about me

• I have 2 years of skript experience

• I work on my servers all by myself
• I like being alone

• I have insane trust issues

• I simp for alot of people (trying my best not to)

• My mental age is somewhere 8

• I dont like meeting new people

• Very toxic

Discord Swayl#0099

MC IGN - Swayl

(I suggest avoiding me because I get too attached to people quick)