Minehut Servers Have A Daily Time Limit??

JustAChickenBoi

I was playing yesterday on my server with one other person, we started playing around 10:30 PM PDT, and we got locked out by the time limit at around 1:30 AM PDT. Now its about 11:30 PM PDT and I tried to go on the server and it still says I've used my daily limit. If it resets the count at 1:00 AM Pacific, how did I get locked out last night, and how am I still locked out?? I know for a fact no one has played on the server today

On 9/29/2023 at 2:25 PM, JaydenSkewkus said:

Hi how do you even buy a custom plan like extrasafe , on the shop page I only see the server plans

Don't worry I found it

Wait, I'm new to using minehut. I just wanna play with unlimited time with my friend on our server. How do you get the custom plan? Because when I look i only see this.image.png.c68f979aa4dca72f94c48258779abf08.png

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Twinkiesmafada said:

Wait, I'm new to using minehut. I just wanna play with unlimited time with my friend on our server. How do you get the custom plan? 

Custom plans are located on the server dashboard not from the server plans list. From the server's settings (dashboard) you will need to scroll a little bit and you'll see a section called "Server Specs" selecting any of those options will remove the daily limit. 

image.png 

Customer Support | Community Engagement Manager

I've read through all the posts, and there's one common theme that stands out: four hours of server time just isn't sufficient, while having six or eight hours is. These extra hours matter to everyone, and I understand the desire to cut costs on server hosting. However, if your aim is to provide free server hosting, it's counterproductive to place everything behind a paywall and then ask users to vote daily. Some of us have busy lives, and while I appreciate the need to save on server expenses, if you've been running this service for a while, you could consider using your previous earnings to sustain it, rather than compromising your users' enjoyment for your own benefit. It comes across as selfish, and I genuinely believe that four hours is insufficient for anyone's needs. This change has negatively impacted many servers on Minehut, including my own. So please undo what you have done and fix this due to all the complaints.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 10:06 PM, DuckyProgrammer said:

Think about it. Minehut hosts thousands of free servers. They need to make money. I feel it's better to have a limit, than to remove them completely.

Also, if you vote every day and buy the $5 credits option and cancel the subscription immediately, you can have your server running 24/7 for 8 months using the 24/7 custom plan, and depending on the other options you may even be able to get it to run longer.

I could see limiting the time limit from a free server but why do we have to pay a subscription fee to download zip files? 

Just now, Magicapple98647 said:

I could see limiting the time limit from a free server but why do we have to pay a subscription fee to download zip files? 

Not sure about this. I have no say in future updates or told about this stuff before.

On 10/23/2023 at 7:49 AM, DarkFroggy said:

I've read through all the posts, and there's one common theme that stands out: four hours of server time just isn't sufficient, while having six or eight hours is. These extra hours matter to everyone, and I understand the desire to cut costs on server hosting. However, if your aim is to provide free server hosting, it's counterproductive to place everything behind a paywall and then ask users to vote daily. Some of us have busy lives, and while I appreciate the need to save on server expenses, if you've been running this service for a while, you could consider using your previous earnings to sustain it, rather than compromising your users' enjoyment for your own benefit. It comes across as selfish, and I genuinely believe that four hours is insufficient for anyone's needs. This change has negatively impacted many servers on Minehut, including my own. So please undo what you have done and fix this due to all the complaints.

4 hours is plenty of time if you have a "busy life" like you say, also considering voting takes 15 seconds. Also, Minehut has been running at a loss for a while as Sam D said in the announcement, so there isn't much past profit to use. Minehut needs to make more money if it wants to survive. Servers are still free, and 4 hours is plenty of time to catch up with friends.

Further, voting every day and watching 10 ads in the lobby (US players only) every day is enough for 1200 credits/month. With this you just need to spend like 8 days a month of doing that to remove it for free, not the whole month.

No rank - 2017-2021

Minehut Tester - 2021-2023

Minehut Volunteer Moderator - 2023-Current

Report a player/server: Report Player / Server

Create a support ticket: Submit a request

Did I help you? If so, feel free to give me a like!

8 hours ago, LurkTheLegend said:

How much hours do i get if i buy standard edition in minehut servers?

Any plan that is not the free plan has no time limit.

No rank - 2017-2021

Wow! this is complete [REMOVED]. This made me sub to realms in itself, and it's so hard to see how much time you have left/that you had a time limit at all.

On 10/24/2023 at 9:46 AM, DuckyProgrammer said:

4 hours is plenty of time if you have a "busy life" like you say, also considering voting takes 15 seconds. Also, Minehut has been running at a loss for a while as Sam D said in the announcement, so there isn't much past profit to use. Minehut needs to make more money if it wants to survive. Servers are still free, and 4 hours is plenty of time to catch up with friends.

what a condescending and dismissive message from a mod. you wonder why you guys run at a loss when you make changes like this.

have fun losing your ad revenue as all the advertisers see your 80% free player base dissolve. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

It isn't even four hours anymore. I got kicked after two, which is honestly just unplayable. The entire reason I came here was to have fun with friends, but two hours simply isn't enough to get into the experience and have fun before getting yanked out violently by the limit. To anyone on the staff team reading this, please, do what you can to raise the limit. I'm not asking for it to be removed, I can see why it's there, but seriously, listen to the backlash. There's merit to both sides, and they should both be heard. I think four hours is already pushing the boundaries of people's patience, but two hours? What are we supposed to do with that? And before someone tells me to simply vote and watch ads, I shouldn't have to watch a series of ads and do a few half-hearted votes on random sites that I don't even bother reading because I'm only doing it to get rid of a garbage update every day of the year to be able to have a decent experience. People come to Minehut for the free experiences, there are kids like me just trying to have fun with friends who can't afford to host a server for that, or who don't have the knowledge to set up their own. If you send the free experience down the drain, you're sending plenty of players with it. My dream is that the limit be removed, my hope that it gets raised back to the previous numbers, but my expectations are that this message will be read and completely ignored, alongside the outrage of literally everyone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lehurst said:

Is there a reason for it being lowered?

Is it going to be lowered further?

It was lowered as free servers are expensive for Minehut to run.

No rank - 2017-2021

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Vinnie24 said:

Well uh in the settings there is no "Extra Safe" or "Max Player Count" option anymore, can I still get a paid server for the 300 credits? Or where can I access the "Extra Safe" option now?

Those were removed. The new cheapest custom plan is 400 credits per month, which is not possible to get without buying credits now. Also, the time limit has been raised to 4 hours.

No rank - 2017-2021

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 10:06 PM, DuckyProgrammer said:

Think about it. Minehut hosts thousands of free servers. They need to make money. I feel it's better to have a limit, than to remove them completely.

Also, if you vote every day and buy the $5 credits option and cancel the subscription immediately, you can have your server running 24/7 for 8 months using the 24/7 custom plan, and depending on the other options you may even be able to get it to run longer.

this doesn't make any sense all this does is make people want to pick a new server host which I will also be doing. Just a flat out stupid idea.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vancedfr said:

how many hours will the pro plan get you?

Any plan you spend credits for will remove the time limit, so pro plan will have no time limit.

No rank - 2017-2021

On 10/15/2023 at 9:36 PM, DuckyProgrammer said:

If you vote ever day you can buy the Extra Safe backups plan and remove the time limit for free.

I cant understand how can I get remove time limit from voting.
In here, https://servers-minecraft.net/server-minehut.1049 after vote minehut, what do I have to do to remove time limit for my server?
Answer the way in detail please...