Minehut Servers Have A Daily Time Limit??

JustAChickenBoi

On 9/29/2023 at 5:11 PM, xzby said:

how do u know when your will the daily limit be

how do i know when i can play again after reaching my daily limit??

The time limit resets at 1 AM PST.

On 9/30/2023 at 1:08 AM, SirFrank6 said:

So the only way we can get back to playing without any interruptions is to buy any of the server plans?

Yes, if the 4 hours cuts you off, however if you vote every day, then you can purchase the Extra Safe backups custom plan and you won't have a limit.

No rank - 2017-2021

Minehut Tester - 2021-2023

Minehut Volunteer Moderator - 2023-Current

Report a player/server: Report Player / Server

Create a support ticket: Submit a request

Did I help you? If so, feel free to give me a like!

This is a stupid idea from Minehut. They can make enough money from ranks, ads, payed (and some massive) servers, and they still think that they should treat the free players, who make up about 95% of the community, like absolute ****. It makes no sense. This drives away players from them as a server provider instead of bringing in more and making money to improve the server or to make a tidy profit. This is just greedy, like turning multiplayer Minecraft into a terrible mobile game that exists to line the pockets of its creators, destroying the whole point of the (at least with Java) lack of in-app purchases within the game. As with in Bedrock, it's fine to have in-app purchases, but using them to the point where players literally can't play the game is ridiculous.

I'm trying to host a server so that about 16 people can play (not at once it's a free server) and that means there's usually someone online at most times during the day, so this limit means that while some players only play for just 20/30 minutes and some for over an hour or two, no one is allowed to play for longer and progress at all in game because they add up across separate occasions. It's supposed to reset at 8am where I live, and no one is on before then mostly, and it ran out at 4:20 pm. Just over the 8 hour limit. I'd only been on for 30 minutes myself but now I can't play for the entire afternoon. I had finished what I had to do for the day and wanted to relax by playing some Minecraft and I can't because a company - owned by SLG for god's sake - thought they needed even more.

A better idea could be to say that individual players can't play the same server for more than 2/3/4 hours, rather than banning everyone - even those who haven't played at all - from playing until the next day.

Something else I would like to note is that on Server Plans it just says whether or not it runs 24/7 or not, rather than how long it runs for daily (when it isn't 24/7), which should be changed as I am thinking about (if I absolutely need to) upgrading the server to the MH20 plan, which even then may be worthless as it might just be 1 or 2 more hours, and so a waste of my money. 

Even if they don't make it individual time limits, they should at least increase the time to say 10/12 hours, so people can actually play on servers (like mine) at any point in the day the like (mostly) even if only for a couple of minutes. Possibly both could be a good idea because we could have an overall server time limit of 12 hours and an individual player time limit (per server) of say 3 hours.

MODERATOR NOTE: Please edit messages instead of creating new ones.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Animalium6112 said:

Something else I would like to note is that on Server Plans it just says whether or not it runs 24/7 or not, rather than how long it runs for daily (when it isn't 24/7), which should be changed as I am thinking about (if I absolutely need to) upgrading the server to the MH20 plan, which even then may be worthless as it might just be 1 or 2 more hours, and so a waste of my money. 

Any server plan removes the time limit. This includes custom plans. Due to this, if you vote every day, you can purchase the Extra Safe backup slots and get the time restriction removed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

No rank - 2017-2021

I've kind of skimmed this thread a little. so maybe some of what i have to say has already been addressed.

it's hard to develop a server if you're doing the coding yourself, with only 8 hours a day the server can be active, particularly to do debug. players don't always play at the same time, i have players that come in at pretty predictable times of day several that haven't ever met after playing on the server for several weeks, because of it. my servers are not for profit, and i'm still being exposed to ads, spammers, hackers, and well everything minehut has failed to fix in the past, such as... failing to warn the community of major changes before implementing them... that's just professionally embarrassing to be honest, but i don't own minehut, so... anyway... so i assume that with this policy change we'll be seeing far less ads, bots, spammers, hackers etc....

i mean, it's not like bots can just bruteforce a simple list of server names(the names have strict requirements remember) and essentially lock any server that isn't whitelisted or paid by joining every possible combination of server names until they find one open and then just sitting there...every day when the reset happens... that could never ever happen...

oh, just one last question... can anyone say they play on any server that has a restricted number of hours it can be open?

Edited by Adramelke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CrimsonDefender said:

even tho i hate daily time limit you just gotta space out when you code and stuff like every few hours work on server for like 1 through 2 hours thats how i dont use up daily time limit

this still doesn't increase the limit on the amount of time you can spend working... and it just isn't feasible to have to start and stop a server for debugging...

6 hours ago, Adramelke said:

this still doesn't increase the limit on the amount of time you can spend working... and it just isn't feasible to have to start and stop a server for debugging...

You can also create a local server on your computer for development.

No rank - 2017-2021

I just got kicked from my server because of a daily limit, and I was skripting something for a friend's birthday. S E R I O U S L Y ? I thought minehut already made enough money, now they only allow 8 hours a day for free servers to be online? Did they really NEED to do this? I cant access ANY of my code right now. AT. ALL. 

Edited by ZombieSlinger

9 minutes ago, YUUUUUUUUUUUUUU said:

What does it mean to vote every day?

It means voting at http://servers-minecraft.net/server-minehut.1049 every day.

• Like 1

No rank - 2017-2021

On 9/29/2023 at 4:06 AM, DuckyProgrammer said:

Think about it. Minehut hosts thousands of free servers. They need to make money. I feel it's better to have a limit, than to remove them completely.

Also, if you vote every day and buy the $5 credits option and cancel the subscription immediately, you can have your server running 24/7 for 8 months using the 24/7 custom plan, and depending on the other options you may even be able to get it to run longer.

So now instead you are hosting empty servers to waste the amount of hours? Mine doesn't turn off automatically anymore.

• jamieisthebest pinned, unpinned, pinned and unpinned this topic
8 hours ago, Vize_Ryyz said:

Yes, im also trying to find where the extra safe backup custom plan is, and cannot see it anywhere

It should be under the Settings tab when you click Manage Server

No rank - 2017-2021

On 9/28/2023 at 10:06 PM, DuckyProgrammer said:

Think about it. Minehut hosts thousands of free servers. They need to make money. I feel it's better to have a limit, than to remove them completely.

Also, if you vote every day and buy the $5 credits option and cancel the subscription immediately, you can have your server running 24/7 for 8 months using the 24/7 custom plan, and depending on the other options you may even be able to get it to run longer.

That's a big scam considering that Minehut advertises itself as offering free servers.

M/D/YY

Joined - 9/7/20

[Unranked] - 9/7/20 - 3/24/21

[VIP] - 3/25/21 - Present

[Owner] of CedarParks, CedarNews, CedarHoster, CedarMini, CedarEcon, CedarChurch

3 hours ago, MrMaverick321 said:

That's a big scam considering that Minehut advertises itself as offering free servers.

Which it still is offering free servers.

No rank - 2017-2021

how do i access the server settings to buy the extra safe plan after i hit the daily limit?

also, i have only played around six hours today with one other player, and it shut down already. does player count somehow affect limit time?

I've been playing on this server for 3 and a half hours, and it's telling me now that I only have 30 minutes remaining which would mean the time limit is 4 hours.

This is the only session today.

I noticed it yesterday as well, but I wasn't sure, so I specifically waited until after the reset time in order to test it again today, and this is the result. 

So isn't the limit supposed to be 8 hours? Why is this happening? 

image.thumb.png.b796b7358939759f7e87a377e88be062.png

Edited by xoras

7 hours ago, dreaxmz said:

how do i access the server settings to buy the extra safe plan after i hit the daily limit?

also, i have only played around six hours today with one other player, and it shut down already. does player count somehow affect limit time?

If the server is running the time limit is going. Player count doesn't affect it.

To buy the custom plan you will need to start it so just wait for the time limit to reset then you can buy it.

The time limit was reduced to 4 hours.

No rank - 2017-2021