Minehut Servers Have A Daily Time Limit??

JustAChickenBoi

On 9/28/2023 at 10:22 PM, DuckyProgrammer said:

Free servers have 8 hours per day resetting at 1 AM PST.

I've noticed recently and just confirmed today that the maximum time on the servers is now only 4 hours. Which is crazy for our server of four people. 

and the time stamps in the game log don't make sense. They aren't in our timezone (EST) or the minehut timezone (PDT)

1 hour ago, Ry_6uy said:

I've noticed recently and just confirmed today that the maximum time on the servers is now only 4 hours. Which is crazy for our server of four people. 

and the time stamps in the game log don't make sense. They aren't in our timezone (EST) or the minehut timezone (PDT)

Yea the 4 hour change was made after I made that post.

No rank - 2017-2021

Minehut Tester - 2021-2023

Minehut Volunteer Moderator - 2023-Current

Report a player/server: Report Player / Server

Create a support ticket: Submit a request

Did I help you? If so, feel free to give me a like!

On 9/28/2023 at 9:22 PM, DuckyProgrammer said:

Free servers have 8 hours per day resetting at 1 AM PST.

(Not at the person quoted)

If it is truly 8 hours, then honestly I don't think most people should be complaining about it (extra emphasis on most, because in certain cases, I can understand- maybe you have people playing from different time zones, or maybe it's part of your job, etc). But imo, 8 hours is pretty fair. 8 hours is a lot, that's 1/3 of your entire day. The average person has either work, or more likely- school, or something else that takes up a big chunk of their day. For most people, after they come out of school or work, or whatever, they won't even be able to get through the 8 hours entirely. 

Not trying to be the kind of person who just supports organizations or whatever instantly without questioning it, but I think 8 hours is fair and realistic to most parties involved (it it works properly and there's no bugs(?) and is being applied fairly to each time zone (it would be absurd to have the same time zone restrictions apply to every time zone/area bc some areas would end up only having playable hours be during night) or whatever). Like someone else said, better 8 hours, than none at all (with that being said, I don't think this should be used as an excuse to lower it from 8 hours, it wouldn't be fair if they lowered it to any less than 8, and I also don't think it would be fair if free users were given more than 12 hours, max daily). I know you could argue that they have many other options for making revenue, but I honestly don't think many people will even buy this new feature if it is genuinely 8 hours (much less those other features).

I think it's not very good that there is a time limit for people like me since I
 host a server just for me and my friend and we don't play every day but when we do
 play we play for a very long time, around 10 Hours. But because of the time limit
 of 4 hours, it's not possible to play properly with my friend because we don't 
achieve anything in those 4 hours a day. It would probably be a better solution to
 have 12 or 10 hours maximum for a server no matter how many people are playing on 
it (unless around 20 people are playing on it). Because minehut probably already 
makes enough money because of all the ranks, etc., instead of letting people just 
play for 4 hours a day without buying anything.

And, since me and my friend don't play every day and sometimes not at all, it 
wouldn't be good for me if I bought 24/7 for 8 months for who knows how much 
money, since he and I don't play constantly

Edited by das_kaese_brot

17 hours ago, HerrscherofUseless said:

(Not at the person quoted)

If it is truly 8 hours, then honestly I don't think most people should be complaining about it (extra emphasis on most, because in certain cases, I can understand- maybe you have people playing from different time zones, or maybe it's part of your job, etc). But imo, 8 hours is pretty fair. 8 hours is a lot, that's 1/3 of your entire day. The average person has either work, or more likely- school, or something else that takes up a big chunk of their day. For most people, after they come out of school or work, or whatever, they won't even be able to get through the 8 hours entirely. 

Not trying to be the kind of person who just supports organizations or whatever instantly without questioning it, but I think 8 hours is fair and realistic to most parties involved (it it works properly and there's no bugs(?) and is being applied fairly to each time zone (it would be absurd to have the same time zone restrictions apply to every time zone/area bc some areas would end up only having playable hours be during night) or whatever). Like someone else said, better 8 hours, than none at all (with that being said, I don't think this should be used as an excuse to lower it from 8 hours, it wouldn't be fair if they lowered it to any less than 8, and I also don't think it would be fair if free users were given more than 12 hours, max daily). I know you could argue that they have many other options for making revenue, but I honestly don't think many people will even buy this new feature if it is genuinely 8 hours (much less those other features).

Its 4 hours, not 8 hours.

No rank - 2017-2021

5 hours ago, apollyon_pal said:

I can find no such "Extra Safe Backups" option on the server plans list

The option is under the main Settings page when you click on Manage Server.

28 minutes ago, YasinKing08 said:

how to i increase the daily time limit?

Purchase any plan. If you purchase Extra Safe backups and vote every day, you can get the time limit removed for free.

11 hours ago, Cynful27 said:

Not happy about the enforced time limit, but hey, it's a free server.  What I am mad about, is not getting the full 8 hours on my server. Why is my server shutting down after only 4 hours?

If you read my post above that, you'd see I say the time limit is 4 hours, not 8 hours.

No rank - 2017-2021

Ok, 4 hours is a crazy, abrupt change. Honestly they would have been better off cutting it down, bit by bit over time (not that I advocate for it, just saying it probably would have been a better move in the long run, at least then the community wouldn't feel like they're getting greedier by the second...). But 4 hours a day after years of being able to play limitlessly for free? Yeah, no one is gonna react to that change well. 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2023 at 11:57 PM, aidxxnn said:

why dont you just do it like [REDACTED] where the server shuts down if no one is online after 5 minutes or ban afking instead of punishing EVERYONE just because some people AFK

My daily limit kept going down for 2 hours even though the server was turned off which just completely denies me the ability to even download the world, here I am waiting for another 7 hours to download my world, this is actual bs ever since they added this all I wanted to do was to download my world and move to a new server host, but it COST MONEY TO DOWNLOAD MY WORLD. Minehut actually sucks at this point.

• Like 2

I think you should at least download your world without having to pay anything to
 use another
 provider, but the fact that you have to pay money to download the files is brazen
 and outrageous.
 I think it's just a burden for us to take our worlds without asking us for money,
 since there are
 already enough advertisements on minehut anyway. When I'm on server management
 there are already 5
 advertisements and when you want to join the server there are 2 advertisements
 again.
Edited by das_kaese_brot

Like sorry but this is just so dumb in my opinion. Minehut has so much ways to get money from ranks, server plans ect.

But this daily limit thingy means for me that minehut is not free hosting server now. I think minehut will loose more money than getting more. I think lot of players wil just uit minehut now.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 4:15 PM, das_kaese_brot said:

Can you always chanche the plan for the server like you pay for 1 month 24/7 but the next month is starter with time limit or can you never go back to starter plan

After the plan expires, it will try to renew using your credits. If it can't renew, it will go back to free plan with the time limit.

No rank - 2017-2021

5 hours ago, thijmenpro11 said:

how can you make your time limet gone on starter

If you vote ever day you can buy the Extra Safe backups plan and remove the time limit for free.

No rank - 2017-2021