Account Safety Warning

farwl

The Minehut Forums utilizes your Panel account for Minehut.com, right. Right.

Some people share their console accounts.

What if a user obtained someone else's panel account, and attempted to login to their forums account.

They could essentially mislead others and cause serious issues for the account owner.

I recommend keeping seperate passwords for your panel + forums account if you do share your panel account.

If not, nothing to worry about.

Just a heads up.

Edited by Farwl

Graphic Designer - Skript Developer - Professional Builder - Content Creator

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord

You should only share your console account with those you trust significantly, or no one at all. It's neither Minehut's fault nor security problem if someone is willingly sharing their panel account. If you want to remain safe, simply don't share your panel account.

Edited by AttendantFox

Light a man on fire and he'll stay warm for his entire life.

Just now, AttendantFox said:

You should only share your console account with those you trust significantly, or no one at all. It's neither Minehut's fault nor security problem if someone is willingly sharing their panel account. 

I wasn't referring to myself as I don't share my console, and I do agree with you. Minehut is not responsible for any account jacks, but my concerns are that this will happen to someone along the way and it will cause serious problems for them, if another user can access their forums account. I wanted to see if the Minehut administration was aware of this, or what their perspective of it was.

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord

not really a security issue, as it's pretty much the same thing for every website, it's not able to be patched

separate your forums/console passwords by email and there it's solved

also you're GIVING the account to them, so it's not minehut's fault, nor a security issue, it's just the user's issue for giving the same password to their forum account to them

aeiou

Just now, Farwl said:

I wasn't referring to myself as I don't share my console, and I do agree with you. Minehut is not responsible for any account jacks, but my concerns are that this will happen to someone along the way and it will cause serious problems for them, if another user can access their forums account. I wanted to see if the Minehut administration was aware of this, or what their perspective of it was.

I wasn't directly talking to you, just anyone who does share their account details. Sorry for the misunderstanding. 😄

Light a man on fire and he'll stay warm for his entire life.

Just now, AttendantFox said:

I wasn't directly talking to you, just anyone who does share their account details. Sorry for the misunderstanding. 😄

All good dude.

Amethyst Studios Discord

2 minutes ago, Diamistic said:

not really a security issue, as it's pretty much the same thing for every website, it's not able to be patched

also you're GIVING the account to them, so it's not minehut's fault, nor a security issue, it's just the user's issue for giving the same password to their forum account to them

Hey so I'm realizing now that the title of this thread is sort of misleading, I edited to portray it as more of a warning.

Amethyst Studios Discord

1 minute ago, Farwl said:
4 minutes ago, Diamistic said:

Hey so I'm realizing now that the title of this thread is sort of misleading, I edited to portray it as more of a warning.

ah, that makes more sense now

aeiou