Why Starboard should be an Awardboard.

crewly

Why Starboard should be an Awardboard.

A few weeks ago, a starboard has been added to the Minehut Discord Server to allow users to pin a special message onto a separate channel, if enough people have added a certain reaction to that post, which is the star emoji.

This is something that has always been wanted on the server, however, this is not the way to stand out from other discord servers.
You see, starboards aren't uncommon, they appear in many discord servers, even the most popular ones, but they all have one thing in common: They use the star emote.

Why does every discord server use the same exact emoji to pin their favorite messages? Can't they be original or something? And this is where the Minehut Award emote comes in.

204937980_whatifimadeasecretmessageteehe.png.9ca59e570b7ea8106133201f12f1d703.png

The Minehut Award was added back in September by an ex-SLG admin and scientifically engineered by a super awesome guy, whose name rhymes with "truly". This emote was and still is barely used by anyone and that is why I propose to make this one the emote used for pinning posts.

Now, you may be asking yourself to why the award emote should replace the star emote? Well after receiving some community feedback and putting my own thoughts into it, I have composed a list of reasons to why it should change:

• The emote feels a lot more personalized than the overused star emote.(thanks Recal)
  • Awarding a post sounds much more special than starring a post.
  • c'mon, this emote was made to have an awardboard
  • It increases the chances of something to be awarded/starred

Now I want to talk more about the last reason. I've totally hired a special team to conduct a study about both of these emotes. Using methods like Pythagoras' Theorem and Algebra, studies have shown that messages are more likely to be pinned if the message was reacted with the award emote (as seen below) (Blue = Award; Red = Star)
graph.png.6ebb06095cb1fff5f9d12ca44d6dcfc7.png

In conclusion, if you aren't convinced yet, then your future is hopeless, this is factual.
Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Yours truly, crewly

P.S also benny or any other srmods, if you see this, please check the attached files and update the award emote, please.

crewly i will help you out.png

Edited by crewly
  • Like 1

crewlysig.png.a498e67f0338e213e4cc70fa141cf6a7.png

If I were still a Sr Mod, you would have convinced me.

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.

Yessss +1, also this is super easy to do, there's a config option in the bot so all it would require is a pull request 😮

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png