Why doesn't Minehut do anything about spammers?

DinoHunterYT

Every time I log on to Minehut, someone is always spamming chat. Staff seems to do nothing about it. The screenshot is from a recent spammer. There was a staff member online. Vedlon - Helper. They were unresponsive and didn't do anything about this. It's hard to read chat with these spammers and see actual servers. The screenshot only shows 1 person, but at the time there were about 4 people all spamming chat. Why doesn't Minehut just tighten chat restrictions to prevent people from spamming, like make it so if you send too many messages in a row you cant send them anymore. Some servers prevent you from saying the same thing twice in a row. Both of these would help prevent spamming.1577097354_minehutdoesntdoanythingaboutspammers.thumb.png.3a9612d53e02abc2388f7adb9dd661ee.png

You can report them on the forums using [this] link.

Founder - Minehut.xyz

The leading Minehut support website. We aim to provide top quality tutorials, provide answers to top questions, and help in any way we can. Our site is community driven, and we will continue to make it better and better.

Support | 28/08/20 -13/09/20

Senior Support | 13/09/20 - 19/10/20

forums.gif.5d3db2db4a05c9465b84fa9bf0293df4.gif

15 hours ago, DinoHunterYT said:

Every time I log on to Minehut, someone is always spamming chat. Staff seems to do nothing about it. The screenshot is from a recent spammer. There was a staff member online. Vedlon - Helper. They were unresponsive and didn't do anything about this. It's hard to read chat with these spammers and see actual servers. The screenshot only shows 1 person, but at the time there were about 4 people all spamming chat. Why doesn't Minehut just tighten chat restrictions to prevent people from spamming, like make it so if you send too many messages in a row you cant send them anymore. Some servers prevent you from saying the same thing twice in a row. Both of these would help prevent spamming.1577097354_minehutdoesntdoanythingaboutspammers.thumb.png.3a9612d53e02abc2388f7adb9dd661ee.png

I would like to say that staff is busy people, the staff member online may have been busy with other things and forgot to leave. Minehut has bought up new things to help avoid this issue with /ad and the chat cooldown but clearly this isn't enough. I suggest following @Minehut 's advice and report them at the link given. Staff are not robots and they are human just like the rest of us!

Edited by Houlton

I'm just a known player who been playing since the 24 July 2019.

Please don't DM me for support, go here (if you don't mind waiting) or join Minehut's Discord (which is more active) if you need assistance.

Sorry for the spammers, with the growth of Minehut and the lack of growth in our moderation team, it's a bit tricky getting Mods online at all times. Although, as stated above, you can report them.

We're actively working on recruiting some new staff members so hopefully the amount of spammers should start reducing.

If you feel as though you would be a good candidate to join the staff team, feel free to apply here :). 

hey gamer! unless you're Jackson then you're toxic.

Senior Moderator since July 21st 2020

- Currently leading the Recruitment and Media Team.