The Progress We've Made

_Rascal

I know that many of you are excited for this server, so am I. development has been extremely slow due to many things getting in the way and I wish to address what I plan to do.
I do not want to give up on Spelunking, it's the one thing I constantly avoided throughout this month but work on the server has been minimal. One of the main reasons is my computer simply struggling to handle Minecraft and averaging less than 10 fps. Building a huge world such as Spelunking has been more frustrating than fun due to it being like playing Jenga with a tank. I am happy to say that I have ordered a new computer with some of the most up to date specs and I hope this will make development of Spelunking much easier and more fun.

Not only this will effect the physical world of Spelunking through builds, but I can handle making custom models much easier. Yes, that's right; CUSTOM MODELS!

Since building the world has been a chore and a half, I decided to continue development through other means, this case; models for special items or blocks. Here are a few sneak peaks of the models I've made so far:NavModelshowcase.gif.428a13be76127f2671e2b7009728d4bd.gif 

This item is what I call the 'Navigator'. It's a item you receive later on and is basically an upgrade to an item you start with which I call the 'Miners Guide Book'. It's key purpose is to open a GUI with useful information such as the area you're in, the temperature, how deep you are and to also act as a way to post updates and see the staff list. Obviously, the Miners Guide Book won't be able to tell the temperature or depth and stuff like that.

CrownModelShowcase.gif.f31e90b0cbbc2fb97b506f8402593839.gif

This item is obviously a crown. It will be an item that a certain character will wear. Still considering if it should be made an actual item a player can equip.

I have also made a few extra soundtracks which are pretty neat:

"Sanctuary":

"Funginfestions":

I have to admit, these themes in particular are p-r-e-t-t-y groovy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have you considered getting more help with some of the simpler stuff like building?  I know that it might make the server not feel as much like how you had wanted it with other peoples building styles, but seeing as this looks like it's going to be a fairly lengthy project it might be worth considering so the rest of you can work on the textures, music, items & lore. Besides, as long as you get someone good enough they could probably make whatever you're going for pretty well, possibly with some monitoring and help along the way to make sure they're getting it how you want it.

Breathing is a fun and healthy way to stay alive!

Recommended By 9/10 Doctors!

☭
Sharing Is Caring 

moo   🐄                                                                                                                                                                                                    

On 8/8/2019 at 9:21 PM, PyroDellz said:

Have you considered getting more help with some of the simpler stuff like building?  I know that it might make the server not feel as much like how you had wanted it with other peoples building styles, but seeing as this looks like it's going to be a fairly lengthy project it might be worth considering so the rest of you can work on the textures, music, items & lore. Besides, as long as you get someone good enough they could probably make whatever you're going for pretty well, possibly with some monitoring and help along the way to make sure they're getting it how you want it.

I have considered it, yes, but with how much we have planned and how large the world is going to be, the amount of people willing to do it for free for the amount of work required is going to be a challenge, yet alone have the experience and skillset. The team right now has done servers like this on a smaller scale, and scaling it up isn't difficult, just tedious and time consuming.

But thank you for your concern about the development, it is a bit rocky but things are hopefully going to settle eventually.