Whitelist Not Properly Whitelisting

hanfes

Question

I have whitelisted several friends on my server with no previous issues, but for some reason, I'm having trouble whitelisting a new friend. The server notifies me that I have whitelisted him, and I restarted it to make sure it would work properly, but when he attempts to join, he receives a message that says he is not whitelisted on my server. I've tried un-whitelisting and re-whitelisting him as well, but the issue still persists. He is on a very new account, so that could be why. Any advice?

12 answers to this question

Check your whitelisted file on your file manager to check if he's whitelisted (im not 100% on the name of the file)

Founder - Minehut.xyz

The leading Minehut support website. We aim to provide top quality tutorials, provide answers to top questions, and help in any way we can. Our site is community driven, and we will continue to make it better and better.

Support | 28/08/20 -13/09/20

Senior Support | 13/09/20 - 19/10/20

forums.gif.5d3db2db4a05c9465b84fa9bf0293df4.gif

30 minutes ago, Minehut said:

Check your whitelisted file on your file manager to check if he's whitelisted (im not 100% on the name of the file)

Thank you for your advice, but he was in fact whitelisted on my whitelisted.json file

Is it possible you have any scripts (or plugins), that would prevent a player from joining.

Founder - Minehut.xyz

The leading Minehut support website. We aim to provide top quality tutorials, provide answers to top questions, and help in any way we can. Our site is community driven, and we will continue to make it better and better.

33 minutes ago, Minehut said:

Is it possible you have any scripts (or plugins), that would prevent a player from joining.

Excuse the stupid question, but how would I check for that? I have two plugins, but other friends can join my server just fine.

Which plugins do you have? /plugins

Founder - Minehut.xyz

3 minutes ago, Minehut said:

Which plugins do you have? /plugins

Ah, sorry! I didin't realize you literally meant for me to check my plugins. I also lied--I have three plugins: Vault, HeadsPlus, and Harbor. 

28 minutes ago, hanfes said:

Ah, sorry! I didin't realize you literally meant for me to check my plugins. I also lied--I have three plugins: Vault, HeadsPlus, and Harbor. 

I'm really not sure what's causing this. Can you do this for me?

Get your friend to try and join, and then send us your latest.log file using pastebin.com. Your latest.log file can be found by File Manager -> Logs -> latest.log.

Founder - Minehut.xyz

57 minutes ago, Minehut said:

I'm really not sure what's causing this. Can you do this for me?

Get your friend to try and join, and then send us your latest.log file using pastebin.com. Your latest.log file can be found by File Manager -> Logs -> latest.log.

I've never used pastebin before, so I hope I did this right. Let me know if there is anything I need to fix for you.

EMb9AZ7C.txt

Are you on bedrock? Bedrock players have a * before their name so make sure to do /whitelist add *name

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

16 hours ago, _Tarna_ said:

Are you on bedrock? Bedrock players have a * before their name so make sure to do /whitelist add *name

He bought Java just so he could play with us on this server. I tried the asterisk method anyways and it didn't work.

3 hours ago, hanfes said:

He bought Java just so he could play with us on this server. I tried the asterisk method anyways and it didn't work.

Hmm thats weird. Do you have any whitelist plugins? In the file manager, go to whitelist.json and see if your friend's name comes there. If none of this works, you probably just have to turn off the whitelist for him to join.

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

If he's whitelisted he should be able to join.

Graphic Designer - Skript Developer - Professional Builder - Content Creator

Been on Minehut since January 2018. Throughout my time here I've mastered the skills you see above. I make free logos, banners, and server art for users on Minehut. I'm a proficient Skript developer. I'm also really good at building, you can see my portfolio by clicking here. Feel free to say hi if you see me somewhere 🙂

Amethyst Studios Discord