OP permissions

frrrrrrrtlvr18

Question

When I op'ed myself on my server, all of a sudden when I died I would keep my inventory and xp. Also I would occasionally switch into creative mode randomly (I think this might have just been a weird lag thing). I tried /gamerule keepInventory false and /gamemode survival, but that didn't work. Is this an issue with permissions? Do I need a permissions plugin to make this work?

11 answers to this question

If you have LuckPerms you can negate the permission

Commands:

/lp user <username> permission set essentials.keepxp false

/lp user <username> permission set essentials.keepinv false

Don't forget to leave a like if I help!

If you need help I'm always open to talk on Discord.

Discord: Fascinated#4735

@ImFascinated I think that works! (I'm a little scared to test it because I don't want to kill myself for no reason.) I'm running into another issue where default players are not able to use the buttons in my base or mine/place blocks in my base. When I deop myself they are able to use everything again. How would I fix that?

2 minutes ago, frrrrrrrtlvr18 said:

@ImFascinated I think that works! (I'm a little scared to test it because I don't want to kill myself for no reason.) I'm running into another issue where default players are not able to use the buttons in my base or mine/place blocks in my base. When I deop myself they are able to use everything again. How would I fix that?

I'm not super sure why it would change when your deopped, but the Minehut 'SpawnProtectionRadius' might have something to do with this. Unless you have a plugin such as WorldGuard.

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png

Just now, frrrrrrrtlvr18 said:

@Migqy The only plugins I have are essentials, essentials chat, luck perm, and Skript. Is there a way to toggle the SpawnProtectionRadius?

You can set it to 0 in settings on your panel. Be mindful that users will be able to break any blocks with this changed.

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

2 minutes ago, Migqy said:

You can set it to 0 in settings on your panel. Be mindful that users will be able to break any blocks with this changed.

The server is whitelisted, so I'm not worried about randos coming in and ruining everything. I just want to make sure I can bring people into my house and they can use my doors and crafting room. Does spawn protection usually disable using blocks?

Just now, frrrrrrrtlvr18 said:

The server is whitelisted, so I'm not worried about randos coming in and ruining everything. I just want to make sure I can bring people into my house and they can use my doors and crafting room. Does spawn protection usually disable using blocks?

Yea

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frrrrrrrtlvr18 said:

Oh one more thing. How do I change the setting so that I also need to sleep/log in order for the next day to happen? currently I don't need to sleep as long as everyone else is asleep to reset the day.

I'm not sure if that's possible to change.

Moved To Help - Please use the correct category next time.

IGN:Bustic
Discord: Bustic#1919

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Joined On: 3 March 2017
[PATRON]: 3 October 2018

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Put your own message here for $1k I need to pay my rent