Is there a way to recover an old world that reset

Gabas

So i had a pretty big survival server that o had with all my friends and i changed the name of the world, not knowing it would reset the whole thing. I mean it did say that it would only change the name. Is there a way to recover all of the lost progress on that old world?

49 minutes ago, Gabas said:

So i had a pretty big survival server that o had with all my friends and i changed the name of the world, not knowing it would reset the whole thing. I mean it did say that it would only change the name. Is there a way to recover all of the lost progress on that old world?

Hey! Because it's a survival world, I'd assume you didn't take frequent world downloads or install CoreProtect. However, if you did any of these, there's an easy way to restore the server. Was it completely vanilla?

Capture.PNG.3810aa656f0ae5a4a06ad625e2b40c5f.PNG

I have this exact problem starting last night. I believe a friend did, too, but she somehow got her server back. If she gives me any details, I'll gladly share. In the meantime I have contacted support with hopes they'll be able to help me.

My friend typed /worlds (in chat) and clicked on the text that said "world".  He said that worked and that he was back on our world; though I haven't logged in to confirm yet.

I believe, however, that this is the same thing my other friend did. The problem is that the nether and the end are still permanently lost to us and have reset.

Edited by LehlaGR
  • Thanks 1

Unless you completely reset the world called world then you're fine. As you said, your friend teleported to your old world which was originally on the world called world unless you created a new one to play on. To get back to your old world use /world world or do /worlds then click on world.

Keep in mind if you did create a new world to play on using multiverse, or if you added a new world at the beginning  to play on you may have to teleport to that world instead.

• Thanks 3

JR.MOD  August 1st, 2019              Reports & Appeals Team Lead  ↩              MOD  October 1st, 2019

↪  SR.MOD  August 11th, 2020

• 11 months later...
On 4/24/2020 at 1:00 PM, Elektrodes said:

Hey! Because it's a survival world, I'd assume you didn't take frequent world downloads or install CoreProtect. However, if you did any of these, there's an easy way to restore the server. Was it completely vanilla?

PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW To! Ik when you posted this it was last year, but if you could still help me that would be great. I did the same thing the person you responded to do. This world has over a month of progress in it!

Please do not respond to topics inactive for more than a month. If you have the same question, make a new post.

Locked.

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.