How long does the server last? MINEHUT

TadejSmells

8 hours ago, Koroonotchii said:

It won't shut down if there's players online.

Wrong.   It tried to shut down 4 times on me while I was online.   I was building stuff, I was clearly online.    I got the warning that in 60mins, the server would shut down.  

I mean, unless you can explain why it disregarded me being online.

Edited by Dramomo

12 minutes ago, Dramomo said:

Wrong.   It tried to shut down 4 times on me while I was online.   I was building stuff, I was clearly online.    I got the warning that in 60mins, the server would shut down.  

I mean, unless you can explain why it disregarded me being online.

It won't shut down. It can be that there was some issue,

First Join: October 21st, 2017
VIPNovember 11th, 2017
PRO: August 29th, 2018
VIP Again: December 3rd, 2018
Legend: Not achieved yet.

54 minutes ago, Preinstalled said:

It won't shut down. It can be that there was some issue,

Not sure why you are quoting me, just to post something unhelpful.   Trying to raise your "post count" as much as possible in as few days possible?   

On to the point, again, there was no error, no issue.  I was online just fine, it threatened to shut down then shut down on me.     Don't tell me "it won't shut down" when it in fact, has done so.   

• Confused 2

Relax, I just said so because something like that didn't happen to me in the 3 years I've been on minehut

Sorry if you found it unhelpful but my intention was to know if there was a issue or not.

Edited by Preinstalled

First Join: October 21st, 2017
VIPNovember 11th, 2017
PRO: August 29th, 2018
VIP Again: December 3rd, 2018
Legend: Not achieved yet.

49 minutes ago, Dramomo said:

Not sure why you are quoting me, just to post something unhelpful.   Trying to raise your "post count" as much as possible in as few days possible?   

On to the point, again, there was no error, no issue.  I was online just fine, it threatened to shut down then shut down on me.     Don't tell me "it won't shut down" when it in fact, has done so.   

Have you tried asking for help?? Sending logs/timings of your server? 

image.png.bfbbfdfcf18f5f58b197afc1361cb11d.png

Vip (Unknown) >> Jr.Mod 30/10/2019 >> Mod 30/12/2019

Just to add on to above, in case you don't know, /dl logs and /timings are the commands that you need. 

2 hours ago, Dramomo said:

It's not a case of him "trying to raise his post count", he's giving you advice that could possibly answer your question. You need to understand that Minehut is a freemium host that relies on Community Support, which is what Preinstalled was giving you. You're replying to this thread on a public forum, so expect people to quote you with advice or helpful information. Whether it be helpful or unhelpful advice, you shouldn't really respond in that way because, at the end of the day, we're trying to help you. 🙂 

Edited by Koroonotchii
  • Thanks 2

Junior Mod (01/04/2020) - Resigned 

Discord » Koronotchi#0001 
Minecraft Username » Koronotchi 

image.png.17a385f298c8969f6b1cf03e27ee50d3.png

1 hour ago, Koroonotchii said:

2 hours ago, FadelessBanjo said:

Have you tried asking for help?? Sending logs/timings of your server? 

Just to add on to above, in case you don't know, /dl logs and /timings are the commands that you need. 

It's not a case of him "trying to raise his post count", he's giving you advice that could possibly answer your question. You need to understand that Minehut is a freemium host that relies on Community Support, which is what Preinstalled was giving you. You're replying to this thread on a public forum, so expect people to quote you with advice or helpful information. Whether it be helpful or unhelpful advice, you shouldn't really respond in that way because, at the end of the day, we're trying to help you. 🙂 

Firstly, to Fadeless Considering the issues with my server started occurring AFTER all the updates to the panel and such, it's clearly not on my end.    Everything was fine aside from minor issues I could solve on my own, if I could download it.   However, I've changed nothing on my server , and considering how well the whole Downloading Worlds/Schematics has been addressed, why should I even bother getting too involved?

Secondly, Koroonotchii : How is saying "there may have been some issue" advice or helpful information?  That's a non-answer.    There have been stacks of issues occurring since the whole panel incident months back.   I was able to log on without issue and play on my server without issue.   Then, the whole download incident started, that has been going for a good while now and brought up with nothing but non-answer replies.    There is no definitive solution or attempts.    I mean, they have direct access to the host nodes, as they own it, you would think they'd address the issue.  Constantly telling people to download every few hours and it may work, is not tolerable.    3 days of 0 downloads after hours of download attempts, yeah, no.   

Lastly, Preinstalled : Look at it from my perspective, I am a PC Gamer, I've spent more than 20 years working with and fixing PCs among other things, involving PCs.    I have NOT had any issues until they started messing with the Panel and what not.    Furthermore, I can't even download the stuff I did to try other solutions safely without losing everything.    I am at my limit, and all the non-answers and the lack of useful information is just not something I tolerate.  I personally don't even want to be on the forums, I have to watch them hoping to see fixes on the downloads, but seems it's best to just cut my losses and disappointment.  

If you understood how frustrating it is to see everything suddenly blocked off after spending weeks or even months working on it, without any way to save or secure it, you'd be the same as me.    I haven't changed anything on any of my servers(I set up 2), I have not touched anything on either of them, aside from trying to start them up, build on them and download my progress/stuff, since over a month ago.  😐

• Confused 1

Topic locked due to possible drama starting to build up.

Quick Answer for this topic: If there a player who is online on the server then that server will not shutdown. There may be times where you get kicked for either "Timed Out" which is on your side or sometimes there will be something else.

I suggest using the command /setidletimeout 0 to be sure that you dont get kicked off of your server when afk. Yes, some problems may occur at times but its just a little tip for extra precaution.

• Thanks 3

-------------------------------------------------------------
[VIP] - 2018/2019

[JR.MOD] - 28th April 2019
[SR.MOD] - 21st June 2019

[LEGEND] - 28th July 2020 (Resigned)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Discord - Criticyl#0002

IGN - Criticyl