Our Plans for Spelunking

_Rascal

Right now, we have 3 people working on Spelunking; Myself, Mega_Rascal and RyanDxxx. We all have our assigned roles, such as me working on the creative stuff such as the resource pack, music, story and building, Mega works on the building and Ryan is working on the development side. Obviously it's quite a small team for such a large project but we have worked on many RPGs before, some even rivalling the expansiveness of Spelunking. However, I believe many met their fate due to being released too early in development which made people get bored of it much quicker than us being able to add more content.

However, I do hope to make an early release which will be open for a few days which will allow us to get a good idea how how players would act and see if we can make any improvements. I hope to make this early release when the first 1/4 of the server is complete, with the (I guess you can say) trial ending when you finish the first dungeon, or a little after it. The server will be structured in a way that you need to complete a dungeon at the end of the area in order to continue further down the caves. You'll be able to continue by either getting a new item that allows you to do certain abilities which will help you bypass an obstacle or simple get a key to unlock a big door or gate. This will stop players from running down all the way to the end, however if you simply aim for the dungeons, you will be missing a lot of optional quests and mini dungeons where you can unlock cool items.

We have planned 3 main 'big' dungeons, which will have VERY different environments, the first one being an expansive castle/fortress submerged underground. However, after the last main dungeon, you will be required to go back and find 4 sacred shrines that will open the final barrier to the last area where the big bad guy resides. These 4 shrines can be considered mini dungeons and combined together will probably be the size of a main dungeon, so I suppose there's 3.8 dungeons, hehe.

Development right has been quite stagnate due to all of us having things to do and never getting the time do really sit down and work on the server. But don't worry! I do spend every ounce of free time away from my laptop making sketches of concept art, extra notes on the story, thinking of new themes by humming them, etc. Myself and I hope the rest of our team are very determined to make the best RPG experience Minehut has ever seen and for this to be a first step to expanding the current Minehut Server RPG formula.

Our plans for Spelunking after we eventually complete what we have planned, is to continue expanding it and adding new places to explore. Our main goal isn't to simply make an RPG, but a world with many stories to tell and experience. It's a big risk to take as a large percentage of players who play on Minehut are not interested in storytelling and compelling worlds, as they prefer the more action oriented stuff. This server will be more about... taking in the environment. Of course there will be action; and lots of it! But expect to be not only rewarded with items, but serenity.

knowing Ryan is on the development side concerns me, he's on my friends list and I only see him on at least once a week, and he's never on the server from what I've seen, is he going to be more active to work on the server in the future?

im not a furry, im just a fan of furry farts

16 hours ago, X_FurryFartFan_X said:

knowing Ryan is on the development side concerns me, he's on my friends list and I only see him on at least once a week, and he's never on the server from what I've seen, is he going to be more active to work on the server in the future?

Right now, everything is going quite slow due to many complications, such as my computer being barely function, Mega going through some personal issues and Ryan being busy with other projects. However, once we pass these hurdles development will begin to look a lot smoother.