The Truth About Minehut - Part One - Overused Gens

MagmaCo

Minehut, a place where you are supposed to find several different kinds of servers, but, all we find is gens, skymine, "farms" same as gens, smps, and just servers where you slave away doing the same thing over and over again, visit it every day just to repeat the same process. Minehut supports this, and i'm sure we(the people) are tired of this as well, Minehut makes gen packages, supporting gen servers even more, think of this question, "Has Minehut really ever done anything big based on community input?"

My organization "MagmaCo" is taking efforts to stop these servers from being overused, and make Minehut more original without these spam servers.

Do a favor, stop playing gen servers and make unique servers.

Join MagmaCo..jpg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, SatanUk said:

I second this we need to stop doing half ass servers and try and make custom servers. We need to stop get rich quick servers

The main problem is the same server just different layout, they are all the same, and 3/4ths of the time p2w garbage, I say we stop wasting all our time and money into Gens, Sky Mines, and Dupe servers, now think, has Minehut really ever given the community anything they wanted?

• Like 1

I agree, I think a-lot of Minehut players wish there were more options to choose from, but I think it comes down to the core player-base. We have to accept that the core Minehut player-base must enjoy gen-servers due to their constant popularity. Though, I am happy to work alongside you in brining attention to other servers in different categories 😀

• Thanks 1

--- AbusingNub ---

-- Owner of the DevilsNetwork --

◉ DevilsPvP.minehut.gg

◉ BridgesWar.minehut.gg

Here to lend a helping hand.

4 minutes ago, MagmaCo said:

The main problem is the same server just different layout, they are all the same, and 3/4ths of the time p2w garbage, I say we stop wasting all our time and money into Gens, Sky Mines, and Dupe servers, now think, has Minehut really ever given the community anything they wanted?

YES they have. They just did. We just got minehut unleashed. I personally have no problem with gen servers and still play them, though i do think its an extremely oversaturated market, the only reason it is that way is because the original concept was a *good game*, and a few of the offshoots of it are also good games. Plotgens was a good gamemode the first couple times it was made, and the sky island gens were a great gamemode in the beginning, but money is all corrupting, and so eventually it will devolve into being overdone. Thats how that works. Thats not MINEHUT's fault, thats OUR fault. 

2 hours ago, FangLeone said:

YES they have. They just did. We just got minehut unleashed. I personally have no problem with gen servers and still play them, though i do think its an extremely oversaturated market, the only reason it is that way is because the original concept was a *good game*, and a few of the offshoots of it are also good games. Plotgens was a good gamemode the first couple times it was made, and the sky island gens were a great gamemode in the beginning, but money is all corrupting, and so eventually it will devolve into being overdone. Thats how that works. Thats not MINEHUT's fault, thats OUR fault. 

It was all downhill ever since the new city lobby and /ad command was released, and took a more disasterous turn when the "Maker's Market" was added, proving that Minehut is only in for the Money(Cha Ching!) and are in total support of these "Spam Servers" that are cardboard cutouts of eachother, this "Unleashed" is a plot for more money to be spent in waves, as the reason for "unleashing" one new feature at a time, though this Unleashed could also lead to more diverse types of these Spam Servers, more servers, more money, server networks mean money on each server in that network, more money, Minehut was perfectly fine financially before any of these updates, we should not feed into their money stealing.

Also think about it, Minehut really has not given us anything before unleashed by community input.

Edited by MagmaCo

I mean

On 8/10/2021 at 9:42 PM, MagmaCo said:

well yes and no. its p2w garbage and we just tryna find good uniqe serevers AND THEY FAIL after we all complain about no uniqe servers. Its dumb

Owner of the best true Anarchy server: MhAnarch

Adhd twitch streamer https://www.twitch.tv/SatanUk

On 8/10/2021 at 7:33 PM, MagmaCo said:

It was all downhill ever since the new city lobby and /ad command was released, and took a more disasterous turn when the "Maker's Market" was added, proving that Minehut is only in for the Money(Cha Ching!) and are in total support of these "Spam Servers" that are cardboard cutouts of eachother, this "Unleashed" is a plot for more money to be spent in waves, as the reason for "unleashing" one new feature at a time, though this Unleashed could also lead to more diverse types of these Spam Servers, more servers, more money, server networks mean money on each server in that network, more money, Minehut was perfectly fine financially before any of these updates, we should not feed into their money stealing.

Also think about it, Minehut really has not given us anything before unleashed by community input.

I seriously used to remember this time. I joined minehut in 2019 and tried so many unique servers and had a blast. I even learned skript because I was so inspired by a particular server that shut down. Back then, punishments were broadcasted and chat was not muted 20% of the time. Back then, chat was not censored as much as the dystopian world of 1984. The /ad command did not exist because it was not needed. My only problem with the command is that it is based on ranks which is dumb. Overall, having a command enforce a rule automatically makes a lot of sense. (Old advertisement rule was 3-5 minutes) Back then, minehut also did not use player servers as advertising machines either.

I disagree with your view on Unleashed though. Despite how much I hate the new website design Unleashed is good because:

1. Market is optional. If you do not like the market, release content freely to compete directly with it.
  2. Custom plugins is going to change how we make servers. For the better obviously!
  3. Server networks, subusers, and a live console all make minehut a significantly more capable host.

I am with you in the fight against p2w and gens but I ultimately think that people just like grindy servers that they can waste their time in. Ultimately playing minecraft servers is just one way we can choose to waste the limited time we have on Earth. The masses just choose gens for some reason.

Sincerely Checkmate128, Owner of unique and non-p2w servers and ally in this fight

Edited by Checkmate128
Factual Accuracy

Owner of oldgaffle.minehut.gg. (my paintball server)

Owner of karted.minehut.gg. (my mario kart server)

Advocate of individual freedom, especially freedom of speech.

Cooler than Stalemate128.

I strongly agree and disagree in a lot of stuff. I never really experienced the old minehut, before super league brought it, but the parts I agree on like gens and p2w are reasonable. I really do have a different POV about the minehut unleashed thing, as you don't to go to the market as it is optional. Minehut is not forcing you to go on the market. Custom plugins and no plugin cap lead to better, and unique servers never seen before on minehut. As someone who doesnt do stuff for money on minehut, I can see why they are doing stuff for money. Minehut is paying money to host our free servers, so need money back in return, and some server developers have stores, to actually earn from there servers.

imgonline-com-ua-resize-CNNkL1drx5M-removebg-preview.png.d6a8ae8b5eb862005fb056c21f934200.png