Marketplace products are available for free elsewhere

serverclone1

Backpacks - Already available on . Cost - 145

Carrot Anticheat - By their own admission, it does nothing against timer, antiknockback, fastbreak and more. Why would I install this over the relatively cheap and free NCP/Matrix? Cost - 750

Simple Graves - Already available on . Cost - 95

Kit Creator - There are already 4 kit plugins on minehut. Cost - 400

Moderation Tools - All advertised features are either available on or as individual plugins on minehut. Cost - 495

All maps -  Or download them from planet minecraft... Cost - 695 for most expensive ones

Easy Punish - Same as Moderation Tools but cheaper and worse. Cost - 195

Staff Bundle - Same as Moderation Tools but more expensive. Cost - 600

Simple Sell Wands - Already available on . Cost - 125

And these are just the ones that were on the first 2 pages and that were self-explanatory, I would go after Kraken anticheat if I could, though without a test server it would be unfair to just say it's bad.

Edited by Trent
removed mentions of other sites and methods to steal packs

• serverclone1 changed the title to Marketplace products are available for free elsewhere

The Minehut Market is just a place where people can offer their builds, scripts, plugins, packs, etc that can all be easily downloaded with 1 click. If you know somewhere else that have similar skripts, you can just get it from there. The market is just designed for people to be able to easily download things. The skripts on the Market are different from other places, they may have similar features but are just different. And like I said, you can always just get them from somewhere else if you don't want to use them. 

On 5/23/2021 at 3:33 PM, serverclone1 said:

as individual plugins on minehut.

Some people may may not have enough plugin slots to get a whole different plugin.

All maps -... Or download them from planet minecraft... Cost - 695 for most expensive ones

All the builds are ones made by the actual creators who uploaded them so you can't really download them from other places. And downloading them from other servers or leaking them will get you a permanent ban from Minehut. And 695 is a reasonable price for some of the large builds they offer. That's less than $5 and builds that large are worth wayyyy more. Like you can get 27 different builds for less than $5. 

Edited by Trent
same reason as OP
  • Like 1

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

11 hours ago, Tarnerd said:

The Minehut Market is just a place where people can offer their builds, scripts, plugins, packs, etc that can all be easily downloaded with 1 click. If you know somewhere else that have similar skripts, you can just get it from there. The market is just designed for people to be able to easily download things. The skripts on the Market are different from other places, they may have similar features but are just different. And like I said, you can always just get them from somewhere else if you don't want to use them. 

Some people may may not have enough plugin slots to get a whole different plugin.

All the builds are ones made by the actual creators who uploaded them so you can't really download them from other places. And downloading them from other servers or leaking them will get you a permanent ban from Minehut. And 695 is a reasonable price for some of the large builds they offer. That's less than $5 and builds that large are worth wayyyy more. Like you can get 27 different builds for less than $5. 

Just putting it out there, there is no way minehut can prove who downloaded the map, players have no reason to report the server as they have no way of knowing whether or not the owners paid for the maps or stole them from other servers, especially if prison mines are taken from non-minehut servers. And even if they do find and suspend the server, they cannot trace that to a minecraft account unless one was linked and a server suspension is worthless against most servers as they have the files needed to create another server in minutes to hours and it will just result in a player data reset, something these servers do quite often.

What is the largest free mh server you've seen?

16/5/21 - 53 was reached

Backpacks - Already available on . Cost - 145

Carrot Anticheat - By their own admission, it does nothing against timer, antiknockback, fastbreak and more. Why would I install this over the relatively cheap and free NCP/Matrix? Cost - 750

Simple Graves - Already available on . Cost - 95

Kit Creator - There are already 4 kit plugins on minehut. Cost - 400

Moderation Tools - All advertised features are either available on or as individual plugins on minehut. Cost - 495

All maps -  Or download them from planet minecraft... Cost - 695 for most expensive ones

Easy Punish - Same as Moderation Tools but cheaper and worse. Cost - 195

Staff Bundle - Same as Moderation Tools but more expensive. Cost - 600

Simple Sell Wands - Already available on . Cost - 125

And these are just the ones that were on the first 2 pages and that were self-explanatory, I would go after Kraken anticheat if I could, though without a test server it would be unfair to just say it's bad.

Hey I edited your post to remove the name of a specific place where you claim users can go to get the same content. I think it's a fair discussion, but wanted to make sure we're not encouraging people to steal things.

I understand what you're saying, and sure there are alternatives to just about everything out there and cool maps available for free on third party sites. That being said, this is an easy way for anyone to click to install the content to their server = no setup required, and a way for our community to make some money by selling the content with us.

Antileak / DRM is definitely a hot topic. We've discussed it at length in our meta discord, and have a recently active thread on github about it as well https://github.com/Minehut/Meta/issues/632

Despite all of that, we're actually seeing pretty solid usage of the Market with a lot of people purchasing things.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1