I Broke My Server

Orbital

Question

Hi! I recently started building a map with my friends, we poured our heart and souls into building an amazing island, but one day I decided to play around with /summon and discovered that I could summon fireballs. I went straight to increasing its Explosion Power to 666999 aaaaaand the servers dead. I activate it, it displays that its online and if you try and join nothing happens until it shuts its self down in a minute, rather than around 5 minutes normally. Logs just are filled with errors and whatever paper watch dog is its shut itself down, due to the massive overload. I would highly appreciate any help that would potentially bring back our efforts and make me less of an idiot.

Thanks in advance!

11 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Orbital said:

Hi! I recently started building a map with my friends, we poured our heart and souls into building an amazing island, but one day I decided to play around with /summon and discovered that I could summon fireballs. I went straight to increasing its Explosion Power to 666999 aaaaaand the servers dead. I activate it, it displays that its online and if you try and join nothing happens until it shuts its self down in a minute, rather than around 5 minutes normally. Logs just are filled with errors and whatever paper watch dog is its shut itself down, due to the massive overload. I would highly appreciate any help that would potentially bring back our efforts and make me less of an idiot.

Thanks in advance!

Hey, you can try doing the following to fix this:

-> Start your server but don't join it.

-> Meanwhile, type this command in console several times: minecraft:kill @e
(Warning: This also kills armor stands and item frames, and other mobs on the server)

-> Once it's online, join back.

Hope that helps.

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

Just now, Orbital said:

Thanks but the server doesn't take in the command, the command sits in console loading then the server shuts down.

Try refreshing your page as soon as you click on the Activate button. This way, you will be able to execute the command at the earliest.

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

28 minutes ago, Orbital said:

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

I suggest sending your logs in a pastebin.com format as a reply to this post so we can help you look through logs and find a way to solve this. My theory is that the /summon and setting the explosion power to 666999 caused a massive amount of blocks to be broken, causing all of them to be dropped, and the server most likely crashed as a result of the immense amount of entities that were spawned in. I suggest doing the following:

1) Start up the server

2) Once the server is online, enter the following in the console:

kill @e[type=! player]

3) Afterwards, type "save-all" in the console and enter

4) Restart the server, and try to join.

• Like 1

If I have helped you out in your post or you liked what I posted, please upvote and react to my post! It helps me a lot!

Some Minehut Links:

Server Rules • Staff Applications • News & Updates • Reports • Appeals

Minehut: VIP (07/04/2021 --> Current)
Elestra/Versa Realms: Manager (12/04/2021 --> Current)

If you have any questions contact me!
My Discord: BanditEagle#2481
My Spigot Profile: https://www.spigotmc.org/members/banditeagle.935281/
My IGN: BanditEagle

5 minutes ago, CoolProgrammer said:

Hey, you can try doing the following to fix this:

-> Start your server but don't join it.

-> Meanwhile, type this command in console several times: minecraft:kill @e
(Warning: This also kills armor stands and item frames, and other mobs on the server)

-> Once it's online, join back.

Hope that helps.

Thanks but the server doesn't take in the command, the command sits in console loading then the server shuts down.

24 minutes ago, Orbital said:

So does the console not work for you?

Also, does the server shut down immediately upon saying "Online" or does it only crash after someone joins the server?

If I have helped you out in your post or you liked what I posted, please upvote and react to my post! It helps me a lot!

Some Minehut Links:

6 hours ago, BanditEagle said:

So does the console not work for you?

Also, does the server shut down immediately upon saying "Online" or does it only crash after someone joins the server?

The server goes online for a bit, around a minute, then goes offline. I am pretty sure console doesn't work because when I look in to the logs file, no new commands have been used.

You can try using the command minecraft:kill @e[type=fireball] after starting the server and <-> before joining, if it doesn't work all I can suggest is you keep starting the server until it works again/the explosion finished, this seemed to work for someone else that had the same problem

[<3]

DMs open - Discord » mrtibo | or send a forum message

I'm not sure what to do I've tried starting the server and I've tried to kill the fireball or other entities causing lag but its still not working. It goes online then starts stopping. I was advised by BanditEagle in anther thread that the issue may lie in the plugin PlayerServer or something like that.

1 hour ago, Orbital said:

I'm not sure what to do I've tried starting the server and I've tried to kill the fireball or other entities causing lag but its still not working. It goes online then starts stopping. I was advised by BanditEagle in anther thread that the issue may lie in the plugin PlayerServer or something like that.

1 hour ago, MrTibo said:

You can try using the command minecraft:kill @e[type=fireball] after starting the server and <-> before joining, if it doesn't work all I can suggest is you keep starting the server until it works again/the explosion finished, this seemed to work for someone else that had the same problem

👆

The PlayerServer plugin is just a plugin Minehut automatically installs on all playerservers to make them run properly, nothing to worry about

[<3]

DMs open - Discord » mrtibo | or send a forum message

1 hour ago, Orbital said:

I was advised by BanditEagle in anther thread that the issue may lie in the plugin PlayerServer or something like that.

@MrTibo I said this in the other post because when I looked over the log file he provided, I saw that as soon as the server tried to load in the plugin "PlayerServer", it crashed and didn't load anything else after that.

@Orbital Could you please re-send the log file on this post so it is easier for everyone to navigate and help out?

Some Minehut Links:

8 minutes ago, BanditEagle said:

@MrTibo I said this in the other post because when I looked over the log file he provided, I saw that as soon as the server tried to load in the plugin "PlayerServer", it crashed and didn't load anything else after that.

@Orbital Could you please re-send the log file on this post so it is easier for everyone to navigate and help out?

Here.

Ek5sbECB.txt