How to use Lift

MrTibo

M I N E H U T  C O M M U N I T Y  F A Q

HOW TO USE LIFT

REQUIREMENTS: Lift (Elevators)
DIFFICULTY: EASY

What is Lift

Lift is a simple little plugin that makes it very easy to create elevators in your world. It is easy to set up and modify!

How to set up an elevator

To start using Lift, you first need to install the plugin on your server. For more information on how to install plugins, you can view this CFAQ.

Creating a new elevator is as simple as placing a couple blocks, and you’re ready to go! Your elevator will need base blocks on the bottom floor, these base blocks will define the speed and footprint of your elevator. After that, you have to add buttons and signs so players can use the elevator. These will have to be placed on the inside of your elevator’s footprint. Below is an example of how to set up a simple 2 floor elevator.

OKwM4OOHMaC-BBbaUaJy47B0R3vByPdDi7wRtP1YKgIQ3QXLSg5XLxtiaP5A-UWkzQ2ovrpLc5kZ48zkkXbVyA6R3sBLz3Jx-H4i2REX7J3VEs0zaqmXTX5LR207zA

You will notice when creating an elevator at first that the signs will be empty. To update the signs you simply have to right click them. Make sure you have at least 2 floors, if you don’t, it will tell you that you only have one floor!

iEe5LfkSMgdWN2lSefHaots1VjA6tEtmq_rC-rCKTZdpqtLRDBpcvuVcUrpvbhgjRJiTpKC1WQQcd34ZZtK47Wbk8BRq4HD1KuEYTU5KnykKkB9QXrLNPuVpD9QoUQ

The default maximum size of an elevator is 16 blocks, if you notice that your elevator is not working properly, such as some glass blocks not disappearing when clicking the button, you have to increase the maximum elevator area size in Lift’s config.yml to fit your preferences. After saving the file, you can use /lift reload in-game to quickly update your settings. Keep in mind that you are not limited to square elevators! Your elevator can be any size, shape, or height that you can imagine, as long as your config settings allow that. It is important to note though that having really large elevators can possibly cause lag, so it is recommended you make big elevator structures with caution.

If you don’t like the default messages the plugin provides, you can also change these in the config! Make sure when editing the messages that you surround them with “ (i.e. “&cThere is only one floor”)

The config has several other useful settings too, one of them allows you to add your own base block if you don’t like the ones that are provided. You can add blocks of your choice under the baseBlockSpeed setting, and choose a speed in blocks per tick. Given that your server isn’t lagging, your server will run at 20 ticks per second, this means that for example: speed 1 would mean that you go 1 block per tick, which means 20 blocks per second.

If you would like a quick start, you can also view this example config that I’ve put together.

Permissions

This plugin has 2 permissions: lift and lift.change. Both permissions are set to true by default.

• If you want to block players from using elevators, you can set the permission lift to false

• If you want to block players from changing the destination floor in elevators, you can set the permission lift.change to false

Require further assistance?:

If you need more help on this topic, head over to this section of forums, or join our Discord!

🔗 Video tutorial

Compiled by the Minehut Staff Team

• Like 1

[<3]

DMs open - Discord » mrtibo | or send a forum message

Great CFAQ. Looks amazing! I saw this featured in a Minehut YouTube tutorial. Nice to see a CFAQ about it! 🙂 

• Like 1

𝚄𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍

𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: @𝕌𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕#𝟘𝟘𝟘𝟙

News & Updates  Rules • Helper Application

Reports • Appeals

𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚏𝚏 𝚘𝚗 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚑𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟹𝟶𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶

This is very cool.

• Like 1

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.