Minehut server vs Paid Server

Firoj1

Hello everyone,,

So I want to start a vanilla survival server for me and a couple of friends and I am willing to pay for one, but I was told by a friend that I should use Minehut because it does everything the paid server would do for free. This sounds really good but i'd imagine that there are atleast some downsides to using a free server vs a paid one https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/. One of the big things I want for the server is for it to be up all the time so that I wouldn't have to start it up when my friends want to play when I'm not online. If anyone could tell me some downsides or upsides to a Minehut server or a paid server it would be very much appreciated. Also the paid server hosting service I'm looking at is Apex because of the convenience but I am willing to change if anyone has suggestions, thanks in advance.

Edited by Firoj1

It works pretty well if you are doing a small world with some friends just running on the free plan. You mention needing to start the server whenever your friends want to play. While the free plan is not always on, a server can be started in the lobby via the /join command. (Your friends can do this without your intervention)

Overall, minehut has met all of my expectations and I recommend it to all my friends. I also recommend you use it too.

P.S. If you ever decide to switch hosts, you can easily get all your world files, etc. 

Owner of oldgaffle.minehut.gg. (my paintball server)

Owner of karted.minehut.gg. (my mario kart server)

Advocate of individual freedom, especially freedom of speech.

Cooler than Stalemate128.

Well, its much better than aternos and if you only have a few plugins you can expect minimal lag. As Checkmate128 said you still need to go to the lobby and /join to start your server, but that's only a small inconvenience. Minehut will also give you a lot of the pluses that other hosts make you pay for so its good overall.

Edited by CaptainGolem

Minehut is perfect for a small vanilla survival server with some friends. The server should run smoothly for you, especially since it's vanilla. Free servers aren't up 24/7. We do have a mh unlimited plan which is always online. I think that may be slightly overkill for your purpose though.

Hope to see you soon on the server!

Jackson

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.