PLEASE HELP ME

JapsysBOI

Question

My friend made a SMP server on minehut. so he rebooted the world overrided saves etc. Before he rebooted he made a world download. at the time i couldnt download it, so a week later i tried to and it said page not found. Im really pissed off coz noone else has it either. https://dl.minehut.com/uqLmq/world.zip is the download. PLEASE HELP ME GET IT BACK.

I made a post about this and all i got as a response was "we fear you may no longer be able to acess the download link."

NO HELP AT ALL

I want actual help this time not some idiot filing a copy and pasted reply

Edited by JapsysBOI

17 answers to this question

Personally, I haven't had luck saving a world from my minehut server, or adding one as a matter of fact. I suggest you just take the L and move on. Maybe ask your friend if he has the world downloaded? Seeing as it was his server to begin with, and that you said he made a world download.

On 2/8/2021 at 7:52 AM, JapsysBOI said:

OK LOOK. can u ask higher up why these links arent held for long and or why it was closed. i just need clarification

I've got to assume its because of the limited space they have on their servers. Keep in mind that this is a FREE minecraft server. I wouldn't have expected them to keep the world forever and ever for the off chance that someone would want it. They need space for other users to create their own servers and such.

Hi there! So sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issues, and I understand how frustrating it may be.

However, we kindly ask you do not take it out on the person helping you in the future 🙂

Additionally, you can check the Support FAQ.

If you require further assistance, you can create a support ticket here.

𝚄𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍

𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕕: @𝕌𝕟𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕕#𝟘𝟘𝟘𝟙

News & Updates  Rules • Helper Application

Reports • Appeals

𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚏𝚏 𝚘𝚗 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚑𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝟹𝟶𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶

From what I'm understanding, I don't know if you can fix that, moral seems like you lost a world.

Default - 5/10/2017 - 8/1/2018
[VIP] - 8/1/2018 - 11/25/2020
[HELPER] - 11/25/2020 - 3/8/2021
[MOD] - 3/8/2021 - 5/17/2021
[<3] 5/17/2021 - Now

Former Minehut Moderator.

17 minutes ago, JapsysBOI said:

Like cant u get the link or something. Its in ur files. like minehuts files. so get it. be a HELPER

It's not in my 'files'. I don't got access to anyone's worlds or backups other than my own. I can only help assist with questions they have about the panel or the server.

Default - 5/10/2017 - 8/1/2018
[VIP] - 8/1/2018 - 11/25/2020
[HELPER] - 11/25/2020 - 3/8/2021
[MOD] - 3/8/2021 - 5/17/2021
[<3] 5/17/2021 - Now

Former Minehut Moderator.

On 2/8/2021 at 7:22 PM, JapsysBOI said:

OK LOOK. can u ask higher up why these links arent held for long and or why it was closed. i just need clarification

The link is valid only for one time use. Could you imagine the amount of space required to store all the download links permanently?

8 hours ago, JapsysBOI said:

well i think they should at least notify us of such deletions of downloads

They clearly notify you saying that it's a one-time use download link.

Edited by CoolProgrammer

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

On 2/8/2021 at 7:52 AM, JapsysBOI said:

Multiple people have said it is a ONE-TIME link. Meaning only ONE PERSON can download it. It is a space issue, they'd need to have a big server with lots of space to hold all the files. The systems themselves cost a lot of money, on top of that, they'd need to buy all the hard drives for the servers, those cost money too. Then they have to supply power to all the servers, and have a fast enough network. All of this costs money. Also, someone has to put in the time to make sure that it automatically gives you a download link for your world. Given all of this, I don't think it's worth the time or money to have every single world from the past 5 years saved forever and ever.

On 2/8/2021 at 7:00 AM, JapsysBOI said:

Before he rebooted he made a world download.

You said your friend made a world download, ask him for the world. If he doesn't have it, ask your other friends. If they don't have it, then that's it. There's nothing you can do.

3 hours ago, Hiko said:

I've got to assume its because of the limited space they have on their servers. Keep in mind that this is a FREE minecraft server. I wouldn't have expected them to keep the world forever and ever for the off chance that someone would want it. They need space for other users to create their own servers and such.

well i think they should at least notify us of such deletions of downloads

2 minutes ago, tigero9 said:

It's not in my 'files'. I don't got access to anyone's worlds or backups other than my own. I can only help assist with questions they have about the panel or the server.