How to use Chat Manager.

PandaChan

M I N E H U T  C O M M U N I T Y  F A Q

HOW TO USE CHAT MANAGER

REQUIREMENTS: CHAT MANAGER, VAULT AND A PERMISSIONS PLUGIN
DIFFICULTY: MEDIUM

Introduction to Chat Manager:

Chat Manager is a useful automatic moderation tool, it has many features such as an anti-spam, anti-caps and an anti-swear.

Anti-spam:
One of Chat Manager’s most useful features is the anti-spam, this stops users from spamming in the chat, originally the anti-spam is set to 5 seconds but if you go to the file manager and then head into the config for chat manager you can change this. You can make it so users can also not repeat the same message. (The permission node to bypass the anti-spam is chatmanager.bypass.chatdelay)

Anti-swear:
The anti-swear feature allows you to block certain words from being said in chat, you can change the already made list to include more or less swear words in it or you can whitelist certain words. Head over to the Chat Manager folder and click the bannedwords.yml file, just change whatever you want to be in or out of the antis-swear. (The permission node to bypass this feature is chatmanager.bypass.antiSwear)

Anti-caps:
Anti-caps stops users from putting too many caps in their messages, it will change their message of only caps to a message without any capitalised letters. The minimum size changes the amount of characters in a message before it will be blocked by the anti-caps features. The percentage changes the amount of characters that are allowed to be caps in one sentence. (The permission node to bypass this feature is chatmanager.bypass.caps)

Require further assistance?:

If you need more help on this topic, head over to this section of forums, or join our Discord!

📎  https://youtu.be/dngxztdrvns

Compiled by the Minehut Staff Team

• Like 1

IGN: PandaChan

Discord: PundaChen

Twitter: https://twitter.com/PundaChen 

• muelr changed the title to How to use Chat Manager.
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rrgrgdfg said:

how to you activate the anti-swear?

Install ChatManager, head over to the plugin file, open config.yml, change disable-swearing: false to disable-swearing: true.

Founder - Minehut.xyz

The leading Minehut support website. We aim to provide top quality tutorials, provide answers to top questions, and help in any way we can. Our site is community driven, and we will continue to make it better and better.

Support | 28/08/20 -13/09/20

Senior Support | 13/09/20 - 19/10/20

forums.gif.5d3db2db4a05c9465b84fa9bf0293df4.gif

This is a good plugin. I rate it a solid 9/10 also respond to this reply if you need any help with this plugin as i can assist you if you need it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

[MOD] - Azuyamat

----------------------------------------------------------

[VIP]

[PRO]

[EVENTS]

[TESTER]

[MOD] - March 18th 2023

----------------------------------------------------------

If you are as kind of a person to leave me a like on a comment or post then you are my friend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...