Rant about Minehut.

emopediaMC

I'll probably get banned for posting this but I couldn't care less. Before Minehut was taken over by SLG, we had fun, creative servers. And now, all you'll see is Generator, Skyblock, SMP, Skymine, and many more unoriginal server ideas. My experience with Minehut has been quite bad too, free servers having advertisements from the Market every 3 minutes, new staff members false punishing members and more that have really ruined my experience with Minehut. 

Discord is my most active form of communication with the Minehut community but I have stopped posting as regularly because of the new staff members false punishing members for the most stupid reasons. I used to be actively involved in the community but after the new mods arrived, I have slowly been getting more and more inactive due to the high risk of getting punished for one wrong word that the mods cannot play off as sarcasm. This is exactly what the community members wanted, an anti-sarcasm community where one wrong word can get you muted or banned.

SLG thought of the great idea of employing untrained mods that don't know anything about the community to moderate an entire Discord server of over 80,000 members and a Minecraft server with over 200,000 monthly members. SLG could've done something that the community would actually like like updating the outdated file editor, or adding a live console that quite a few members have requested, or even just the possibility of reviewing old logs. There are so many things that SLG could've done that would help the community but no, they decided a new untrained staff team would be the best bang for their buck.

Note: If I did end up missing any keypoints, please list them in the comments and I'll make sure to add them.

Edited by emopediaMC

Developer

Joined Minecraft in 2010 on PC

Joined Minehut in August 2016

1 year Skript experience

2 months Java experience

5 months Javascript experience

8 minutes ago, emopediaMC said:

Before Minehut was taken over by SLG, we had fun, creative servers. And now, all you'll see is Generator, Skyblock, SMP, Skymine, and many more unoriginal server ideas.

This sounds like you are saying its SLG's fault for people making these servers. People can make whatever servers they want on Minehut and they don't want to limit that. People just like these kind of servers so that is why more people make them.

10 minutes ago, emopediaMC said:

My experience with Minehut has been quite bad too, free servers having advertisements from the Market every 3 minutes

I haven't personally seen this myself but I have seen many cases of where it sends the market ad so much. You could always make a bug report on it, which I think one has already been made.

11 minutes ago, emopediaMC said:

new staff members false punishing members for the most stupid reasons.

You can always make an appeal if you feel like a punishment is unfair. The new staff are still getting familiar with the community and it takes time.

13 minutes ago, emopediaMC said:

SLG could've done something that the community would actually like like updating the outdated file editor, or adding a live console that quite a few members have requested, or even just the possibility of reviewing old logs.

There are many different teams working on different parts of Minehut. Just because something new is brought in doesn't mean other parts of it aren't being worked on. And the old logs turning into .gz file is just a server thing. It happens on any paper server and not just Minehut. But it would be helpful if we could download it and extract them ourselves. 

15 minutes ago, emopediaMC said:

There are so many things that SLG could've done that would help the community but no, they decided a new untrained staff team would be the best bang for their buck.

A paid staff team is better in the long term for SLG and Minehut. And like I said, it takes time for someone to get used to a new community and it makes it harder for them if all people do is negatively criticize. 

• Like 4

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

On 5/24/2021 at 6:48 AM, Tarnerd said:

The new staff are still getting familiar with the community and it takes time.

True, but why did they even replace the previous staff? I mean its not like the staff now suck but i still dont understand it

I used to play Minehut I guess?
Yeah, I still watch the forums for some reason. (15/5/2023)

8 hours ago, Windyshop said:

Minehut should try to encourage players to make original servers...

Why should they? Its just a server host and people can make whatever servers they want. I do agree there are a lot of the same type of servers throughout Minehut but don't think they need to give an incentive or make people make original servers. People just like these kind of servers for some reason. The only kinda incentive they give to cool servers is having a chance for them to showcase your server on their YT channel. 

6 hours ago, pizzaschut said:

True, but why did they even replace the previous staff? I mean its not like the staff now suck but i still dont understand it

For liability stuff. And its better for them in the long term. 

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

On 5/24/2021 at 4:48 PM, Tarnerd said:

You can always make an appeal if you feel like a punishment is unfair.

Yeah but that takes too long smh

Developer

Joined Minecraft in 2010 on PC

Joined Minehut in August 2016

1 year Skript experience

2 months Java experience

5 months Javascript experience

18 hours ago, emopediaMC said:

Yeah but that takes too long smh

Then that's your fault. 

• Like 2

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now