Upcoming 1.17 Update (answered)

SpicedRocks

Question

Hi there, I'm fairly new to all of this, so sorry if it's a super obvious answer!

So I have a server that's currently in 1.16.5, and I'd personally like to keep it that way when 1.17 hits. Is there any way that I can avoid having my server updated an put into 1.17? My friends and I would prefer that this particular server stay in 1.16.5.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by SpicedRocks

4 answers to this question

Unfortunately Minehut has no way of setting your server to a specific version although what you could do is install ProtocolSupport OR ViaVersion when 1.17 comes out (assuming the plugins update by then) then you and your friends can join in on 1.16.5. 

rose city STICKER

RosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaR

i code, animate, develop, UI design, learn, and adapt, as well as make servers, of course

💐Joined Minehut sometime in 2014
💐VIP sometime in 2018
💐Legend in January 2021
💐Helper on 4/11/2021
💐♥ (Retired) on 5/17/2021
💐 Moderator on 8/18/2023

Until custom server versions/jars come out, which is planned but there is no ETA on it, all servers will update to the latest version of Minecraft when a stable version of paper comes out for that version. If you don't want to update, you can download your worlds with /dl world <world>

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

On 5/20/2021 at 4:45 PM, rosathorn said:

Unfortunately Minehut has no way of setting your server to a specific version although what you could do is install ProtocolSupport OR ViaVersion when 1.17 comes out (assuming the plugins update by then) then you and your friends can join in on 1.16.5. 

Aww that sucks.. Thank you so much though! I'll definitely look into that. Thanks again 🙂

23 hours ago, Tarnerd said:

Until custom server versions/jars come out, which is planned but there is no ETA on it, all servers will update to the latest version of Minecraft when a stable version of paper comes out for that version. If you don't want to update, you can download your worlds with /dl world <world>

Thanks for letting me know!