will I lose my things?

PranayaNotAdoptd

Question

Hello everybody, I am thinking about changing my MC username, and I am quite worried that, because my server is whitelisted, I won't be whitelisted anymore and/or if I lose all my stuff on my server because minehut will think that I am a new person, because changed my username on MC. I know I can whitelist myself again and all, but I am scared I will lose all my stuff and have to restart all over again. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thank you

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, PranayaNotAdoptd said:

Hello everybody, I am thinking about changing my MC username, and I am quite worried that, because my server is whitelisted, I won't be whitelisted anymore and/or if I lose all my stuff on my server because minehut will think that I am a new person, because changed my username on MC. I know I can whitelist myself again and all, but I am scared I will lose all my stuff and have to restart all over again. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thank you

Hey.

Don't worry, you won't lose anything! Because even if you change your name, your UUID remains the same, meaning, you will keep your rank, your friends, settings, etc.

Minehut and most of the other servers are dependent on UUIDs, so even if you change your name, Minehut and 99% of the servers know that it's the same person.

The only servers where you would have problems would be servers which don't use UUIDs (mostly skript) to store your data. In that case, you could request the server administrators to do the needful.

• Like 1

Hello there! If you're reading this, hope you're having a wonderful day!

Feel free to contact me via Discord (CoolProgrammer#1920) for any help.

My DMs are always open for help.

You can also message via. forum messages for help.

1604908226_ScreenShot2021-01-28at10_32_28AM.png.2646ad6be239a9d0756a99e8e15602ab.png

Also, don't hesitate to leave a like on my post if I helped you in any way.

You wil be fine minehut is using players uuid, so It will be fine

Hello!
IGN✦ centralwtf
Gender★ he/him
==========================================

Owner★ Boxable, NetherBox, FishHype

Joined★ 22.07.2019

Member -> VIP ★ 29.04.2020

obraz_2021-04-08_103028.png.8fa96840c599c6ff81febf732163163f.png