An Unofficial Guide to the Forums

Jackson85

Hey everyone! My name is Jackson and during my time on the forums, I've noticed that many don't seem to know the proper sections/how to do certain things on the forums. This post will be my attempt to help inform those who need it. Let's start off with forum categories. There are 4 forum categories that players can use: official, discussion, Minehut, and information. The official category contains things like the featured player server of the week, updates to Minehut, and event information. The discussion category is where you can suggest features/plugins for Minehut, talk about random things, or just introduce yourself to the forum community. The Minehut category is mainly used for asking for help about things like support on issues, discussions about skript, asking for help with your server, or just advertising it. In the Information section you can report rule breakers, file an appeal for a punishment, or even apply to become a Minehut staff member! Below I will just answer common questions about the forums:

Q. How do I gain reputation on the forums?

A. You gain reputation when someone reacts to your post.

Q. Where can I access the rules?

A. You can do that right here

Q. Is there a list of all current staff members?
A. Indeed there is. You can find it right here

Q. How do I change my bio?

A. You can do that by clicking on the arrow right next to your name in the top right corner. Next, click on Profile and then click on edit profile. You should then be able to edit your bio!

Q. How can I join the Minehut discord from the forums?

A. Hover over the information tab at the top and then click on discord. You should be all set to go!

Q. I was recently punished and I'd like to appeal the punishment. Where do I do that?

A. Right here

Q. I recently saw a rule breaker in the lobby. Can I report them?

A. Report them right here

Q. I saw some people who had the verified role on the discord. How can I become verified?

A. You can become verified by linking your discord and forums account. To do so, just enter your account settings, click on the discord tab, and link your account.

If you have any suggestions on things to add, let me know!

Edited by Jackson85

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.

Just now, R2n said:

nice job, I’d add a place for reports&appeals and how to get verified

On it!

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.