World turned to gold.

justrcrafted

Question

8 answers to this question

It may be possible that some worldedit operation set everything to gold within a certain area.

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.

Just now, justrcrafted said:

I know that, but has it happened to anyone else?

I haven't personally seen it happen to anyone. I would just make the support ticket to hopefully solve everything.

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.

This sounds like you gave an untrusted player OP. Needless to say this is a terrible idea. WorldEdit provides a fast mode (//fast) that increases performance but disables undo and block logging by e.g. CoreProtect. If this person used this mode and you have no backup... well... there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Side note: Replacing all solid blocks to gold blocks is a rather... odd... thing for a malicious OP to do. Usually they would choose to set everything to TNT or lava.

If your objective is to find out who did it, latest.log won't help if it happened more than a couple server restarts ago. The evidence would be in the GZipped archive logs, which you will need 7-Zip to open. That is, if you can figure out how to download them. Typing /dl log <exact filename> still downloaded latest.log. If someone else knows how you're meant to download GZipped logs, that would be very useful.

If you had CoreProtect, which you probably don't considering you're asking us how to recover your server, you could roll back your server to an ungriefed state.  Again, WorldEdit's //fast mode likely bypasses CoreProtect.