Permissions EX

Przemyslaw10

Question

5 answers to this question

While I recommend reading and watching the links in Clarifity's reply, you could also read PEX's GitHub wiki here.

The wiki might take a while to read so I can give you a few steps for making a simple rank.

The following plugins are required: PEX, EssentialsChat, Vault

1. Go to your server console and input the following command: pex user <Your Player Name> add * (This allows you to execute the pex commands in-game)
  2. In-game, use the command /pex group <Group Name> create e.g: /pex group Lvl2 create
  3. Use command /pex group <Group Name> prefix <Prefix> e.g: /pex group Lvl2 prefix "&6[Lvl2] &e"
  4. If you want to add permissions to the group, use /pex group <Group Name> add <Permission Node> e.g: /pex group Lvl2 add essentials.nick (Allows for /nick command)
  5. All players on first join are added to the group "default". If you don't want to have to give different groups the same permission multiple times, you can set an inheritance like this: /pex group <Group Name> parents set <Group Name> e.g: /pex group Lvl2 parents set default (Will give the group Lvl2 all the permissions given to default)
  6. To put someone in a group, use the command /pex user <User> group set <Group Name> e.g: /pex user Cheezburgurz group set Lvl2

Permission Nodes

Permission nodes are usually listed on the plugin's Bukkit or Spigot page or on their GitHub repo. If you can't find it you could just search for the permission nodes. 

Something very useful ↓

If you don't want people to bypass a mute with the command /minecraft:me, if someone's rank gives them a permission but you want to remove that permission from them without taking away their rank, or if you just want to remove a permission that is already given by default, you can use the command 

/pex group default add -minecraft.command.me.

The hyphen or minus sign tells PEX that you are removing a permission that the player has.

Edited by Cheezburgurz
  • Thanks 2

im probably a human