Hacker on a rampage

mjawastaken

Question

Hey So I recently started a peaceful server with lots of builds and we were just having a fun time.  I enabled some command blocks for some fun builds when this guy called Gypsyjazz begins spamming "mob bombs" of some sort and spamming foreign characters in the chat.  Then I banned him.  HE JOINED BACK AGAIN and filled the world with lava.  I banned him again, and then he joined back and banned ME!!!  I unbanned myself in console and banend him and joined back but he kept banning me.  So I tried stopping the server and putting up a watchcat.  Did not help.  I turned off command blocks.  Somehow he was able to keep unbanning himself.  Now I can't even start or stop the server anymore.  Please help and ban this guy.  He destroyed a really good server.  He was also hacking other people's messages and portrayed as me and started spamming the N-word, along with some of my friends as well.  What should I do?  I feel really devastated.

5 answers to this question

Hey! Sorry to hear about your problem. It sounds like either the person has access to your console or one of the opped players on your server has opped him and he has gone and opped alternate accounts. There is no way that the user can op themselves without the console, so you might want to change your password on your panel if you feel like it has been breached.

Aside from that, you should also be careful with who you op, as once you op them they can op their other accounts and come back later after you have deopped them. In regards to the user, if you have any evidence of them griefing, please submit a player report here.

One last thing, I suggest that you install the plugin 'coreprotect', it will help you in the future if you're being griefed so that you can roll back your builds. Also, you can enable whitelist so that only you and the people you trust can join by using /whitelist on, and /whitelist add <player>.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more issues.

• Like 1

First Joined: July 2015
VIP: January 2020
Jr.Mod: 1st April 2020
Mod: 16th July 2020

Info:

~ Skript Developer
~ Discord: @nicholxs#0001
~ Previous names: Nichxlxs, Deterno, iHaveSkills, Retrical

rip. The command to ban is /ban <player>. Also you should whitelist your server next time so random people can't join. Also how were they able to place lava everywhere? Did you give them perms or something? 

Whitelist Commands

/whitelist on/off
/whitelist add <player>
/whitelist remove <player>

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png