My survival server won't save

pearjy18

Question

I have a survival server with my friends, but every once in a while, the server will delete all progress since the last time the server was online. This is really annoying so as a temporary solution I use the command /save-all after each login, but I often forget to. Does anyone know why this is happening? The only plugin I have is CoreProtect. Another thing I noticed was that the server took a very long time to stop. If I click "stop" on the server panel, it takes about more than 20 minutes to save, but all my other servers take about 1 minute.

4 answers to this question

The same thing is happening to me.  The annoying this is that I'm developing a server and 3 hours of work can be gone in seconds. I have tried /save-all (even typing the command multiple times) and I've also tried saving through the Minehut dashboard - but still, for no reason, the server doesn't save the progress when I rejoin.  I've heard of someone else having the same issues.  I don't think this comes down to the /save-all because it used to be the way where you would just leave and everything would save.  I'm not sure what's going on but I hope Minehut can fix this issue soon because it's really putting a dent on server development.  Even though its bad that this is happening it's good to see that other people are having the same problem and it's not something I personally am doing wrong.  

This is a widely known issue, don't panic, also a update was made by one of the admins on Minehut's Meta GIthub.

Significant progress has been made into this issue. Major pain-points in the save process have been identified and solutions are being worked on. The core of the issue is saves sometimes take too long to happen or fail for whatever reason, and eventually time-out.

We have identified performance issues with our storage system. We are currently working with the devs of that system to help us tune it better for our load/make performance improvements to the program itself. We are rolling out updates to that program, and also changing the format of the disk the data is saved to to a format that is better tailored to our load. This is currently being rolled out, but is unfortunately just a long process that will take some time. On top of that, just generally rolling out more hardware to take on the extra load.

Also on the other side, we are re-doing the save process itself to be more reliable and faster. That is currently in late dev/testing phases and should be rolled out soon.

This issue is our top-priority right now and is being tirelessly worked on.

Source: https://github.com/Minehut/Meta/issues/314#issuecomment-708112511

I'm just a known player who been playing since the 24 July 2019.

Please don't DM me for support, go here (if you don't mind waiting) or join Minehut's Discord (which is more active) if you need assistance.