Friends can't break blocks on survival server

Sugary_Spanielz

Question

This is my first time using minehut since me and my friends needed to be able to cross play to play together. We've been having issues all day with it. I don't have any plugins downloaded (to my knowledge) i've already gotten rid of the spawn protection, everyone are OP's, etc etc, yet we still have issues where they can't break blocks. Recently, we had it all working, then one of my friends got kicked for "flying" and now they can't break blocks again. Please help! This is very frustrating. 

5 answers to this question

Hi,

To change gamemodes you can do '/gamemode (mode) (player)', e.g. '/gamemode survival Migins'.

As well as enabling fly in the settings tab on the dashboard, from your message on 'cross play' I assume the other users are on bedrock edition. If this is the case, try switching them to gamemode creative ('/gamemode creative (player)') and then switching them to survival again ('/gamemode survival (player)') as there have been some issues with cross-play recently (which should be fixed soon). 

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png

Everyone is op but they still can't break blocks? Make sure they are in survival mode and not adventure mode. Also the getting kicked for fly is part of Minecraft's antifly thing. You can disable that by enabling fly in the settings tab on the panel then restart the server. 

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 - 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - 12/20/22

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

---------------------------------------------------------

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

@_Tarna_ I'm sorry, but I just recently bought java (Recently as in a few days ago..) So I've no idea where I can check. Where can I see their gamemodes? Where can I change their game modes to survival? Since timezones, they're all asleep so we can't exactly try anything right now, but if they're already on survival and this won't fix it, what could I try next?

Thank you for replying !

@Migins Thank you so much! 

This worked, however, only as a temporary fix. My friend died and was back to not being able to break blocks, so I had to redo everything. Is there anyway I can keep everyones game modes on survival, so that even if they die, they will still be able to break blocks?

If not, thats alright ! This fix works fine for now !

11 hours ago, Sugary_Spanielz said:

@Migins Thank you so much! 

This worked, however, only as a temporary fix. My friend died and was back to not being able to break blocks, so I had to redo everything. Is there anyway I can keep everyones game modes on survival, so that even if they die, they will still be able to break blocks?

If not, thats alright ! This fix works fine for now !

If I'm not mistaken this was fixed in a recent update of the plugin Minehut uses for cross play. Hopefully it should be fixed soon. 

Support  July 29, 2020 → November 3, 2020

► Helper November 3, 2020 → February 22, 2021

► Moderator February 22, 2021 → May 17, 2021

I might not always respond to forum dms, however I am always contactable on discord (mig#0069)

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.23.33 pm.png