Can't download world file

ForceKin

Question

For some reason I'm unable to download my world. Whenever I do /dl world it says "Failed to upload file". It was working a week ago and I was able to download it and according to my friend he was able to get a download link yesterday (however he didn't download it).

I believe my world is around over 800mb. Both my friend and I have tried downloading it today but we both got the same error message. I'm trying to download it so I can decrease the world size by deleting regions (which can't be done in the server dashboard). I tried downloading a world from another Minehut server with a smaller world size and it worked.

Anyone know what the issue is?

3 answers to this question

Someone a few days ago said they downloaded their world and it was 1.1gb and it worked for them. Downloading has been having issues with large files sizes for some reason. Is there any lag on your server? Cause lag can sometimes cause issues with the command. Also are you trying to download your world as a backup or transfering it somewhere. Cause if it is as a backup, you could get a plugin called CoreProtect. With the plugin, you can rollback parts of your server with just a command. Or you can also make the builds on your server into WorldEdit schematics then transfer the builds then somewhere else. 

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

---------------------------------------------------------

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png

1 hour ago, _Tarna_ said:

Someone a few days ago said they downloaded their world and it was 1.1gb and it worked for them. Downloading has been having issues with large files sizes for some reason. Is there any lag on your server? Cause lag can sometimes cause issues with the command. Also are you trying to download your world as a backup or transfering it somewhere. Cause if it is as a backup, you could get a plugin called CoreProtect. With the plugin, you can rollback parts of your server with just a command. Or you can also make the builds on your server into WorldEdit schematics then transfer the builds then somewhere else. 

Thanks for your reply. There's plenty of redstone contraptions and farms in my world so you could be right in saying lag could be the issue. And yeah I guess you could call it a backup, I'll go and check out CoreProtect. Thanks for your help 🙂

17 minutes ago, ForceKin said:

Thanks for your reply. There's plenty of redstone contraptions and farms in my world so you could be right in saying lag could be the issue. And yeah I guess you could call it a backup, I'll go and check out CoreProtect. Thanks for your help 🙂

No Problem. Here is a small tutorial on how to use CoreProtect if you don't know how. Hope the download issue of large files gets fixed sometime soon. There are also many other tutorials online if you still don't understand after looking at this one. 

Discord - tarna256

In-game name - _Tarna_

Website - https://tarna.dev
Paste Site: https://paste.tarna.dev

[VIP] - 7/27/2020

Community Support - 7/8/20 | 11/3/20

Helper  - 11/3/20 - 2/21/21

Moderator - 2/21/21 - 5/17/21

❤️ - 5/17/21 - now

Moderator - 12/20/22 - now

image.png.70849a9b84e0347ce107b8e3eaee312c.pngimage.png.2111009afbd8bef10966ba9ede35a199.png