Role Back World/Replace World with Back up of World

killersam283

Question

So I was being an idiot last night and decided to use world edit to replace about 2.1 million naturally generated blocks and replace them all with TNT, i'm guessing one of those blocks came into contact with Lava and ignited and now whenever I join the world I just see TNT everywhere, most of it is exploding, however I did tell worldedit last night to also undo, so it should eventually roleback correct?

4 answers to this question

well...EVENTUALLY, yes, but it can take a very long time and you'll need the server to be running and the chunk to be loaded. I assume your situation is you log on and immediately minecraft freezes? well, you're just going to have to keep logging on repeatedly until the TNT comes to an end. (again, can take a VERY long time.)

to your ACTUAL question, no, you can't role back or do anything unless you downloaded your world before this happened.

rose city STICKER

RosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaR

i code, animate, develop, UI design, learn, and adapt, as well as make servers, of course

💐Joined Minehut sometime in 2014
💐VIP sometime in 2018
💐Legend in January 2021
💐Helper on 4/11/2021
💐♥ (Retired) on 5/17/2021
💐 Moderator on 8/18/2023

3 hours ago, killersam283 said:

So I was being an idiot last night and decided to use world edit to replace about 2.1 million naturally generated blocks and replace them all with TNT, i'm guessing one of those blocks came into contact with Lava and ignited and now whenever I join the world I just see TNT everywhere, most of it is exploding, however I did tell worldedit last night to also undo, so it should eventually roleback correct?

I believe if you have CoreProtect you can rollback.

If not I believe Minehut has copies of all servers so they can rollback, not sure on that though. 

2019-06-25_16.49.00.png

2019-06-25_18.13.26.png

2019-06-25_16.42.21.png

33 minutes ago, MidnightDrift said:

well...EVENTUALLY, yes, but it can take a very long time and you'll need the server to be running and the chunk to be loaded. I assume your situation is you log on and immediately minecraft freezes? well, you're just going to have to keep logging on repeatedly until the TNT comes to an end. (again, can take a VERY long time.)

to your ACTUAL question, no, you can't role back or do anything unless you downloaded your world before this happened.

Thank you, my main concern is that once i log on, it won't role back the TNT blocks themselves but instead they will remain the blocks in place

EDIT: Yes, Minecraft does freeze pretty much immediately, thankfully I have a fairly powerful pc, but the server keeps crashing.

Edited by killersam283

well my dude, you have officially screwed yourself over. sorry.

again, you can try turning it on repeatedly on logging on so that it will eventually finish. more than likely the entire server was just so slow and buggy and dying that when you did //undo it just didn't register it. or, it did, but when the server crashed it didn't save that you had done it. hopefully nothing valuable was on there.

like Bear said, though, did you have Coreprotect? you can also trying contacting support to see if they have a rollback of your server if you're that desperate.

Edited by MidnightDrift

rose city STICKER

RosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaRosaR

i code, animate, develop, UI design, learn, and adapt, as well as make servers, of course

💐Joined Minehut sometime in 2014
💐VIP sometime in 2018
💐Legend in January 2021
💐Helper on 4/11/2021
💐♥ (Retired) on 5/17/2021
💐 Moderator on 8/18/2023