Monkey Selfie (True Story)

Rufen

I'm bored so I will try something new on the forums and tell you all about a funny real life occurrence.

One day while wondering in a national park named North Sulawesi a photographer David Slater lost his camera only to find it later with a  Macaque monkey selfie on it! No seriously this monkey picked up the camera and took a selfie. The best part is for years there has been a legal battle over who owns the legal rights to the photo David or the monkey or maybe no one? Yes its stupid and yes it happened last update being in 2018. I could provide details about the court case but only if people want it.
I could also make this in to a forums series I know lots of weird unbelievable stories from my interests in history and anthropology if people are interested. 

Here is the selfie V
zkmxyt9c-1407516907.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q

8 hours ago, Ruffen said:

I'm bored so I will try something new on the forums and tell you all about a funny real life occurrence.

One day while wondering in a national park named North Sulawesi a photographer David Slater lost his camera only to find it later with a  Macaque monkey selfie on it! No seriously this monkey picked up the camera and took a selfie. The best part is for years there has been a legal battle over who owns the legal rights to the photo David or the monkey or maybe no one? Yes its stupid and yes it happened last update being in 2018. I could provide details about the court case but only if people want it.
I could also make this in to a forums series I know lots of weird unbelievable stories from my interests in history and anthropology if people are interested. 

Here is the selfie V
zkmxyt9c-1407516907.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q

How's that even possible lol

Also a freakin legal case. Thats what happens when people give laws absolute power xD
Also what if the monkey owned the photo? What would they do lol

Tbh all you need to know about me is that I was once the Drama King on minehut and I was a really good warzone player. That summarizes about 50% of what I did on minehut in the past lol.

::: Change: 29th of July, 2020 :::

aeogtoiata.jpg.0854bf2d5a0d9fc3fb96e95d37f9fc7e.jpg

::: Change: 10th of August, 2020 :::

I have permantently quit minehut. For the reason behind it, check this: https://forums.minehut.com/topic/19055-gamingers-official-farewell-post-forever/?tab=comments#comment-59176

Theres also my first post on this forum after I quit minehut's server (I started to only go to the minehut forums):
https://forums.minehut.com/topic/1932-gamingers-official-introductionpossible-farewell-to-minehut/?tab=comments#comment-7315

I still go to discord sometimes. Gaminger#4921
PIXELIFIC IF YOU'RE SEEING THIS YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION WHY YOU ONLY CAME BACK AFTER I LEFT!
And, as a final goodbye, and as I always wanted to say: SO LONG, NOOBS!

First of all yes the picture is 100% real the monkey took the photo lol. Another thing to note PETA were the one suing Slater shocker I know. The legal case deals in copy right law that basically boils down to this:

- The photo would be the intellectual property of the monkey because after all he is the creator of the photo.

- There is also the argument that sense no "person" took the photo the monkey isn't protected by Copyright Act.1 then argued that no one owns it there for no one can profit off selling it.

- If the Monkey is considered a person then David Slater would have to pay the monkey for the copyright rights (yes they actually proposed this) The problem being were is the monkey? How do we know its the same monkey? and what the hell is a monkey going to do with a bunch of paper bills!?

So really can this man sell the photo? Well after years of debate the 9th court of appeals came out with this statement: 

"Affirming the district court's dismissal of claims brought by a monkey, the panel held that the animal had constitutional standing but lacked statutory standing to claim copyright infringement of photographs known as the 'Monkey Selfies,'" Finally ruling that sense the monkey is a monkey and the photo was taken with Slater's camera he is legally able to sell the photo.

The aftermath was that this started a continued argument about monkey and apes (primates) counting as "people or not" this is another topic for another day.

Hope you enjoyed lol

Since Ruffen said no one liked his monkey post I’ll be the first one. 

IGN:Bustic
Discord: Bustic#1919

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Joined On: 3 March 2017
[PATRON]: 3 October 2018

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Put your own message here for $1k I need to pay my rent