I think I just worked out how MineHut servers work.

Ezekia

Y'all heard of Bungeecord? A server software that most minigame servers use - allowing multiple servers to split plugins up and make multi-game management much easier. Well, I think MH uses Bungeecord to 'host' servers. 

Why + How

I think this because a different Bungeecord server contains seperate plugins, and automatically comes with a /servers command. MineHut have just customised this to look better and to fit it's theme. All you have to do is link the server up to the web and bam! You have a web panel.   When someone creates a server it creates a new server using Bungeecord. Once the server is put out of hibernation players will be able to use /join to join it. You can't use /join on MineHut to teleport to Hypixel. It has to be on the network. And what easier way to do it than Bungeecord?

Finally

If this theory is incorrect, which I know it probably isn't, the how do MH servers work? This is probably the closest theory yet.

Edited by Ezekia

By reading this you are a confirmed nerd

IMG_1036.PNG

lolololol.PNG

lmao.PNG

You're correct about Minehut using BungeeCord, it's really the only way to achieve what they have done anyways. If you would like more detail on how they split up the servers on a network it's because each server is on it's own port connected to the BungeeCord port which is normally 25565. Let's say you create a server (I assume they have a BungeeCord plugin that manages this), it would automatically create a new instance for you and assign a port to that server so essentially it uses the same IP as Minehut but on a different port like 25580 and so forth. Then Minehut creates a sub domain (example.minehut.gg) depending on your servers name which simply routes it to your server using the IP & port.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Minehut uses PaperSpigot and has for some time now.

Joined on January 17th 2016

VIP since April 5 2017 - August 1st 2019

JrMod since August 1st

Mod since October 1st

SrMod since November 2nd - 2/7/21

Patron since February 8 - 3/7/21

Mod since March 8 2021

Retired since idk when

[IMG]    button.png?t=Appeal&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1 button.png?t=Rules&f=Calibri-Bold&ts=26&tc=fff&tshs=1&tshc=000&hp=20&vp=8&c=10&bgt=gradient&bgc=1d0dea&ebgc=1a0855&be=1  

If I helped or entertained you at all today, please react with a heart.